Help Playing Gardevoir (Mirror Match Advice)

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
So I finally decided to hop on the Gardy wagon and would like some advice on the deck in general.
I know the mirror match is super important to learn.
Here are some questions (I am running Gallade, Octillery & Sylveon)

1. In the mirror, what are you looking to do? Are you only attacking when you can get the one shot on gardy? Or do you look for knockouts on their octillery/sylveon?

2. I know when you play against Zoroarks, you want to setup gallade, but should this take priority over getting a quick gardy out?

3. Any other general tips? I know the most important thing is to brigette turn one, get a sylveon, and start magical ribboning. Is there anything you magical ribbon for in particular? (I know its situational)

Thank you! :)

Brigette turn one is almost essential in the mirror. I, personally have played way too many games with Gardy. Probably 5 or 6 hundred games. In the mirror, personally small two shots with only one fairy on my Gardy attacking, or enormous OHKOs. I don’t ever try to kill their Sylveon-GX, as an early guzma OHKO can change the game, or the first hit. You just need to either go big or chip when attacking. You need OHKO or Attack with a fairy

You probably want to get as many Gardevoir on the field as possible in the first couple turns. That way you don't need to worry about getting them later in the game. Choice Band is great for the mirror, otherwise, @Pokemaster26 has it down.

You need to have more Gardevoir GX ready to go than your opponent. The first one to not have an attackers once the explosions of attacks start loses (very similar to how the Primal Groudon mirror match played out)

To achieve this, you should find a way to make sure your opponent has fewer Gardevoir than you. If you are able to kill the ralts/kirlia before your opponent finds Gardevoir while you keep setting yours, I've found you will have the upper hand. This can also be achieved by being the first to drop parallel city.

Another key factor is Octillery. The player who is unable to get Octillery into play is going to have a huge disadvantage.

Plea GX is something you need to consider constantly as well. I believe both players using Plea GX in the mirror match is inevitable. So much so that the player who is unable to respond with Plea GX of their own is very likely to lose.

Back