Fun Playing Base-Neo format on Tabletop Simulator

S Ramos

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum here - been aware of the site for a long time now and would poke my head in for info, but finally getting involved to try and find people for playing online with.

I created a mod on Steam for Tabletop Simulator that includes all the Base-Neo cards and loads of promos (including translated versions of some of the more interesting vending machine cards).

(For those not familiar with Tabletop Simulator, it's a physics engine that literally simulates a tabletop for gaming on, with loads of free mods to play all sorts of games. It won't automate all the functions of cards and whatnot like PTCGO, but it's a lot more customizable and only 10-20 bucks depending on sales and whatnot.)

My username on Steam is pointingandlaughing, so if you're down to play a vintage format, get in touch!

Otaku

The wise fool?
I don't have Tabletop Simulator, nor the cash to spend on it right now, so I'm just asking out of curiosity:

1) Anything banned?

2) Will you use unofficial errata for cards WotC printed incorrectly but stubbornly ruled "Play as written"?

I remember Base Set through just Neo Genesis and... well... it was such a mess that it ultimately led to the adoption of what we now call the Standard Format (and was often called the "Modified Format" back then). In fact, that was the second attempt at "fixing" things; there was also Prop 15/3 which was created for Base - Neo Genesis play; no more than 15 Trainers in a deck and other than basic Energy cards, no more than three copies of any one card. It was abandoned because Sneasel (Neo Genesis)/Slowking (Neo Genesis) still emerged as the dominant deck. XP

S Ramos

Aspiring Trainer
1) Anything banned?

Energy Removal, Super Energy Removal, and Sneasel are pending ban, depending how things go and what the majority of people who end up regularly playing feel.

2) Will you use unofficial errata for cards WotC printed incorrectly but stubbornly ruled "Play as written"?

Slowking is definitely being played as intended - in the same way as the Japanese one. That one Vileplume with the fighting weakness is corrected to fire. Stuff like that will generally be played as intended, not as written.

Prop 15/3 messes with the format too much. This is meant to be casual, not super-competitive.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Sounds good. Still don't have the cash so I can't join ya, but now folks know what to expect. :)