Help Players in Los Angeles (San Gabriel Valley) Area

SassyCrow

Aspiring Trainer
Hi there,

Please excuse if this post is in the wrong place, or if I'm breaking any rules by posting this.
For the past few months, I've been checking the PLAY! Pokemon website events page looking for League Cups and Challenges. I've found a few, but they are usually in either Downtown LA(or even more south) or a good half an hour drive either east or west of the San Gabriel Valley (where I'm at). Recently, I was in Northridge for a pre-release, and present there was a couple that drove all the way from Big Bear!

This got me thinking about the availability, or lack thereof, of sanctioned events in my immediate area. I approached a local gaming shop about the possibility of running some sanctioned events--at least league challenges-- in the near future. The T.O. at the shop seemed receptive, but was needing to find a time to run the event as they currently run their league at the same time another shop runs their own tournament, and that makes for a rather desolate pokemon scene at this shop. The other shop has a healthy community of players, but the only sanctioned events they seem willing to do are pre-releases.

I am pushing for the T.O. to move their event time to directly after the competing shops tournament, and inviting the players at said tournament to participate in another after theirs is finished. I feel like this is a win/win for both shops and the players have an opportunity to make either/or event based on their schedule, or even to have a full day of Pokemon if they wish! I'm sure it would even draw other players not from the immediate are, like the couple from Big Bear who would now have a drive 40 mins shorter. However, I feel like since the success of the shops sanctioned challenges/cups depends on the amount of attending players, I'm reaching out to see if there are anyone in the near area looking for another event to attend.

So friends, are there any players in the LA area (more specifically San Gabriel Valley) who are looking for another league challenge/cup to attend?

Back