TCG Fakes Platinum: Unsung Heroes (FINISHED July 17)

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (6 new cards March 4)

The new Kabutops has some pretty weird wording, I think "choose any number of water energy cards from your discard pile" would be better, as you don't "search" your discard pile, since it's public knowledge. Also, having to search for all of them only to use a few is a bit weird.

Kabutops lvX's Power is missing the word "attacks", Kabuto and Kabutops don't do damage, their attacks do.

And I could draw a horrible-looking Kabutops if you really need one ;)

And keep up the good work!

Dive's attack text is copied verbatim from Kingdra LA. And you don't have to get all of them - you can take as many as you want.

You are right about Kabutops LV.X. I don't know how I could have missed that... I'll fix it.

I'll pass on your offer to draw Kabutops, but if you want to do one of the few remaining commons, by all means, go for it. :)

Forretress is a little broken...30 spread to each of your opponents guys for 1 energy? I understand the knock out but for 1 energy?

Also, I LOVE the second Kabutops X, it makes the first one with a belt do MASSIVE damage.

The Assassin beat you to it. It's coming tomorrow :]

why PMJ why you nuked my favriote card of the set Kabutops but its not all bad I can still make it a winner!

Mr.Ferrari said:
why PMJ why you nuked my favriote card of the set Kabutops but its not all bad I can still make it a winner!

sonicyellow said:
he already has it. unless you mean the card...

@both: ??

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (4 new cards March 5)

In Forretress's defense, Electrode G (a Basic) does a 20 spread with 0 to your Bench for one, and he only does 100 to himself (if there were a way to turn him Grass, Cherrim and Shaymin LV.X could help him live; Forretress does 300 damage to himself, which guarantees there is no way at all he can survive, even if he was both Grass and Metal simultaneously).

Today's update is Espeon (which completes the Eeveelution set, yay!), Cranidos, Feebas, and Skull Fossil, which is not a reprint! Oh snap :O

I think Cranidos is kinda broken. Just in terms of it's first attack. I really like the second one, though. Great as always!

Both of Cranidos' attacks are really good. He's capable of great damage, but he pays for it with low HP.

Chances are you'll be using someone else while you power him up from the Bench, though. :]

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (1 new card March 6)

Just Honchkrow today gotta go bye

0_o Honchkrow is GODLY. If you KO a pokemon w/ the attack, you choose another? Use a bunch of bats and stuff to weaken pokemon and possibly get a chain KO. Thats really good. And then-the power. 50-50 chance of invincibility. Thats a good bonus.

You only get to chain once (like Baleful Wind), but yes, that's the idea! :D

Seth1789110 said:
0_o Honchkrow is GODLY. If you KO a pokemon w/ the attack, you choose another? Use a bunch of bats and stuff to weaken pokemon and possibly get a chain KO. Thats really good. And then-the power. 50-50 chance of invincibility. Thats a good bonus.

Unfortunately, I have to agree here. I respectfully think this is broken. Since it can abuse Sp. Darks, and has the level up, I think this is possibly the most broken card in the set.

Nice cards again, but I've spot 2 things on mime lv. X
the 2nd body says "can" 2 times, and i don't really believe it's correct grammar there.

On lvl. X cards from POP, the cards always refer to themselves as their name without the lvl. X part.
http://pokebeach.com/scans/arceus/98-salamence-lv.x.jpg
I know the power says salamence lv. X but thats because it refers to this card entering salamence.
But the attack just refers it as salamence, so I think mime should just say that mr. mime can use all of your opponents defending pokemon.

I really love this set, and the honchcrow isn't that broken.

EDIT: I just looked at kabutops lvl. X, both. and if you open them up in 2 different windows, try switching between them fast and you'll notice the name and stage lines are off :p

Let me see if I can explain myself here.

Honchkrow X only gives this card 30 more life. Both its attacks are worthless to him (mayyybe not Feint Attack because DE snipes as well), and the X only has 20 more life than Jumpluff.

He's not SP, so DGX tells him where he can shove his Body (and also OHKOs).

I guess Moonlight Stadium and Honchkrow X make this kind of moot, but he's supposed to have a Retreat Cost of 2. I'll be changing that later today.

Eighty HP ain't hard to kill. The body, yeah, but that's why he only has 80 life.

I don't see special darks being an issue. They don't apply to the Bench, and you would need lots to do any real damage to the Active. Considering there's no way to get them back, it's fine.

Admittedly I forgot Honchkrow X existed (strange considering I'm a big Honch fan), but I don't believe he poses that big of a threat.

But hey, I'm open to suggestions if you guys think it's -that- bad. :]

red blastoise: What the heck are you talking about? Mr. Mime LV.X doesn't refer to himself as LV.X ever. Regarding his second body, it's correct. That's how attack-copying effects are worded. I specifically wrote "can use" so he can copy stuff like TM moves, Memory Berry happiness, and base Pokemon under its LV.X. None of those are the Defending Pokemon's attacks, just attacks they "can use." Mr. Mime "can use" them too. :]

Regarding Kabutops X, I know. I hadn't planned on changing it, but since you noticed it, I guess I gotta. Good eye, lol.

Thanks for the comments, all ^_^

I´m sorry ragarding mr mime saying lvl.X, but I think it shouldn't be there as there was a ruling that Clefable DP can use it's metronome attack to copy TM's and attacks from the pokemon underneath a lvl. X.

I can't find the ruling because pokegym is down for some odd reason :p

Unless someone can prove me wrong, I strongly think this should be the wording, as the wordings didn't change until HGSS, and platinum came before that.

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (2 new cards March 9)

I wasn't aware that the wording for Metronome was changed in HGSS. What HGSS-on card has Metronome as an attack? I have no problems changing it, but I worded it that way because to my knowledge, cards that copy attacks on cards couldn't copy any attacks that weren't printed on the card.

Today's update: Destiny Knot and Sticky Barb.

RE: Platinum: Unsung Heroes (2 new cards March 9)

Hm, interesting. I don't really see either getting a whole lot o' play, except Destiny KNot maybe as a conter against Glistomb. Great work though!

Back