Plasma Storm discussion

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
Only a few days before The Game Matrix has its Prerelease!! Whoa whoa whooaaa~

I checked on eBay for Hypnotoxic Laser: $20 dollars for one copy! Yikes! We may have another Pokémon Catcher effect here...

AnUnown

The Pokellector
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. REAL values will be determined when actual cards are out and in decks. We can then see just how useful the cards are and how hard it is to get them. Those are two factors of many (though arguably the largest) that determine card value. The sole listing you see is using the image issued from TPCi, so it's not even like they have the actual card yet.

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
So, new topic:
What do you guys think of Infernape? I think it'll definitely see some play for both Torment and Hellfire. The main pro of the deck is that it runs through Klinklang like it's not even there, having Hellfire OHKO everything in the deck. Torment is also really good, as the 30 damage turns into 90 in conjunction with PHB and Virbank, and locking the opponent out of attacking is pretty devastating against things like Lugia, Darkrai, Mewtwo, Keldeo, etc. PHB and virbank just make all the numbers line up here, since the +60 if they don't retreat puts Hellfire at 180, which OHKOs most of the format.

Mora

Don't Panic
Torment locks them out of attacking, not retreating or Rushing In. And I really wish Infernape would be good (it's one of my favorites), but with Keldeo in format in format, I don't think anything with a Water Weakness can be good. (Which means that the new Klingklang will probably be very good!) If only Infernape had a Psychic Weakness :/

Blah

DBT
I think it's horrible :/

Stage 2 attackers just don't work in the current format. Torment is a cool gimmick, but switch ruins the strategy and swarming the Infernapes is hard to do. It beats Klinklang, but just because it beats the one deck doesn't mean it's good. The HTL damage calcs are cool, but more decks are going to start running Keldeo or Switch because of HTL and that since you have to discard all of your energy, you can't spam 120.

I've heard people talk about Infernape/Garbodor to beat Keldeo, but think about how hard that is to pull off. A Stage 2 + a Stage 1 is extremely difficult to get out, not to mention non-ability decks still destroy it, while Keldeo can just manually attach until it can run through the Infernapes.

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
The only thing that really calls me out of Infernape, is the ability to hit 120 with {R}{C} and get it back next turn. 130 means that it is OHKO by Hydreigon. Also the Water weakness won't favour it. Having it run through Klinklang is nice but they might tech Cobalion. The other thing is its free retreat.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Mora said:
I don't think anything with a Water Weakness can be good.

So Landorus isn't good?

I think Infernape isn't too great. I never like stage 2 attackers in this format, they are just too fragile. No one is going to leave there EX active to be KOed by Hypnotic Laser just to dent and/or KO a 1 prize target. 2 of the most popular EX's; Darkrai and Keldeo, have easy remedies to the HL/VCG strategy.

I do like that you can Colress Machine to it, and attach a Fire to stream Hell Fires, but you're probably not going to win with just 4 Hell Fires. Torment is easily fixed by the 2 EX's I already mentioned.

There are probably much easier ways to beat Klinklang, Reshiboar just high counts of stuff like Bouffalant, or Terrakion, or Zekrom or Rayquaza for Eel players. Not a hard counter, but it will probably tilt the match up in your favor.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
If anyone cares,

537057_4821151939222_471828345_n.jpg

Thanks to DylanTheVillain

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
Mudkip711 said:
If anyone cares,

Nice! Did he open a booster box or something? And would you guys say this is a great set to get a box off?

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Videoland said:
Mudkip711 said:
If anyone cares,

Nice! Did he open a booster box or something? And would you guys say this is a great set to get a box off?

I'm not sure. I don't talk to him. I just saw the pic he posted on another site.

As for the box, I'd say it's pretty good. A lot of the cards are playable.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I KNOW there was a pic of Colress machine somewhere. I'm trying to find it as we speak.

@DirtyDan~ They're not mine (I wish they were though). And plus PRs start tomorrow so it's not that early.