• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Plasma Lugia

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
Oh, look! Another deck from me!

What's up guys!? Today for you, I have a little experiment in: The Expanded Format! (Dun dun dah!)

Alright, enough joking aside. I am trying to build a budget deck in expanded, and after looking at various youtubers' videos, I came across a particular deck shown off by the folks at the Pokemon Evolutionaries. I have modified the deck to fit my preferences/budget/collection/etc. Without further ramblings from me, here is the list I have come up with:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 15
* 2 Talonflame STS 96
* 3 Lugia-EX PR-BLW BW83
* 1 Thundurus-EX PR-BLW BW81
* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
* 4 Deoxys-EX PR-BLW BW82
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71
* 2 Piplup BKT 36
* 1 Empoleon BKT 38
##Trainer Cards - 33
* 2 Colress PLS 118
* 4 Colress Machine PLS 119
* 2 Shadow Triad PLF 102
* 2 Team Plasma Ball PLF 105
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 2 Professor's Letter TK-Noibat 24
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 N FAC 105
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 2 Lillie SUM 122
##Energy - 12
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
* 4 Plasma Energy PLS 127
* 2 Psychic Energy 5
* 2 Lightning Energy 4
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

As with any Plasma deck, the idea is to do as much damage as is possible. I have modified the deck to save a large amount of money, and to better suit what I have in my collection. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, so long as you do not tell me to put Shaymin in it. I have already acquired most of the cards, but there are still a few things to be purchased.

Thanks,
-AV

[Edit #1]: I just realized that I forgot a few things. Here is my first change.
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Rare Candy
-2 Lillie

+2 Float Stone
+2 Skyla

Voila. End of edit 1.

Last edited:
First remove the talonflames you will almist never start them making them dead cards
-2 talonflame
+2 thunderous he is a superior srarter in these decks
-2 piplup
-1 empoleon
-3 rarecandy
Muscle band does the same thing
+3 muscle band
+3 battle compressor to help with energy acceleration
-2 professors letter they only get 4 cards
+2 hypnotoxic laser
-1 shadow triad
+1 vs seeker
-1 lillie its easially searchable with jirachi and you only want it once
+1 colress
-2 psychic
-2 lightning
+4 prism energy

Hey, Thanks for the suggestions! If I may make a few notes as to why I have originally included things in my deck list, it might show some of my reasoning as to how I determined things. A majority of what I can put in my deck depends on what one of my local shops has in stock, and how much it will cost:

1. Empoleon
I have this so that I don't need muscle band, As I would rather not buy a bunch, but I will have to see what one of my local shops has. I have looked at possible prices for Muscle Band, and it looks like I may be able to afford a few of them.

2. Basic Energy
Once again, I have included these in my deck for a bit more simplicity and less cost. I would like to add Prism Energy, but once again, it depends on availability and my budget.

3. Thundurus
The original deck only caps for 1, but I would be more than happy to play 2 for consistency.

Unfortunately, with a lot of the other stuff you have suggested, I will have to respectfully pass on a few things. I currently have a $15 budget to work with (less due to sales tax), and I have a Full Art Darkrai EX from BREAKPoint that I can trade in in an emergency, but here is what my costs currently stand at.
3x Lugia, at $2-3 a piece ($6-9)
4x Deoxys, at $2 a piece ($8)
2x Thundurus, at $2 a piece ($4)
2x Colress Machine ($1)
3x Muscle Band ($1.50)

I will have to work out the fine tuning of the deck list later, As I am currently working off of my Kindle at 9% battery. Anyway, with my apparent cost, I will likely have to trade in my Darkrai (I was likely going to do that anyway, but I would have preferred to trade it to someone).

Anyway, Thanks for the suggestions!

I actually play this deck in Expanded lol my pokemon are x1 Thundurus EX, x1 Hoopa EX, x4 Deoxys EX, x3 Lugia EX, x1 Keldeo EX. This is the set up I have found to be most powerful and consistent. I cut Jirachi EX because you want as much space as possible for Deoxys. As for T/S/S I have my deck posted if you want to check it out as it is what I suggest. I have had really good success with it. Energy should be 4x DCE 4x Plasma Energy 2x Lighting Energy. 1x Professor's letter is where it's at. If you can't play Computer search, I would run a second Professor's letter. Also, I would LOVE to trade for that FA Darkrai EX BKP you mentioned. I need those for my standard deck and I DO have a spare computer search for trade (looks at you impyingly)

Last edited:
I actually play this deck in Expanded lol my pokemon are x1 Thundurus EX, x1 Hoopa EX, x4 Deoxys EX, x3 Lugia EX, x1 Keldeo EX. This is the set up I have found to be most powerful and consistent. I cut Jirachi EX because you want as much space as possible for Deoxys. As for T/S/S I have my deck posted if you want to check it out as it is what I suggest. I have had really good success with it. Energy should be 4x DCE 4x Plasma Energy 2x Lighting Energy. 1x Professor's letter is where it's at. If you can't play Computer search, I would run a second Professor's letter. Also, I would LOVE to trade for that FA Darkrai EX BKP you mentioned. I need those for my standard deck and I DO have a spare computer search for trade (looks at you impyingly)
Dont wanna ruin a potential trade for you, but computer search is significantly more expensive than a fa darkrai and he says he has a less than $15 budget and the darkrai to build the whole deck soooooooo yeah

Dont wanna ruin a potential trade for you, but computer search is significantly more expensive than a fa darkrai and he says he has a less than $15 budget and the darkrai to build the whole deck soooooooo yeah
I am aware lol but I am also pretty reasonable about value trading.

Lol. Chill out guys... XD

I honestly have no interest in playing Computer Search, As it is many $$$, so I play Dowsing Machine (as it is what I have). If you or anyone wants to make a trade, please let me know! Here is what I would like to trade for where possible:

3x Lugia EX (Plasma)
2x Thundurus EX (Plasma)
2x Colress Machine
3x Muscle Band
1x Double Colorless Energy (Any expansion)

Most other things, including the Deoxys, I can purchase at a nearby shop, but trading is nice because I can get things quickly.

Back