• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Plasma Eevees! (Leafeon / Vaporeon / Deoxys EX)

Mora

Don't Panic
Pokemon (14):
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (34):

• 4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre
    4 Colress Machine
    3 Level Ball
    2 Bicycle
    2 Float Stone
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Silver Bangle
    2 Plasma Ball
    1 Computer Search
    1 Sacred Ash
    1 Tool Scrapper
Energy (12):

• 4 Rainbow
    4 Plasma
    1 Grass
    1 Fire
    1 Water
    1 Lightning

It has always been my dream to play this deck, and then they go and reprint Eevee from Unseen Forces! You people don't understand how happy this makes me!

I didn't just make this list for nostalgia purposes; I really like the theory behind this deck, and I'm hoping to make it work. The idea is to go 'balls to the wall' consistently doing ridiculous amounts of damage for one energy on turn one by taking advantage of Eevee's Energy Evolution, Deoxys, Muscle Band, and possibly Weakness. The math is pretty good. Leafeon is already established as a decent attacker, and can easily hit anything for 100+. Vaporeon is also pretty nice capping off at 150 with its Gold Breaker attack. (30 + 50 + 4 * 10 + 30 = 150.) It also hits Landorus extremely hard and only needs one Deoxys in order to one shot. Despite having some considerably underwhelming attacks, Jolteon is a good answer to Yveltal EX. For an Energy and a Colress Machine, it can do 40 which is easily boosted up to 90 to one shot Yveltal with Weakness. I'm not a fan of flips, but if you had to, Jolteon's first attack still has potential to one shot as well. In fact, if you only get one heads, you can still hit 180 with all of your Deoxys and a Bangle. Flareon shines as the late game attacker when most of your Eevees are in the discard. In fact if all your other Pokemon are in the discard and your Deoxys are on the Bench, you do 170 with Bangle without Weakness (granted that is a big 'if'). Flareon can really wreak any Genesect or Virizion.

So that covers the math. In theory, you have a very good matchup against Pyroar since you don't have any Basic attackers, and it's so easy to hit 110. I am worried about Garbodor variants shutting down my +40 damage though. I'm also worried about all the fighting stuff. I don't have any counters for Fighting or Pyschic, though I considered the Plasma Espeon that sniped for Weakness, but my biggest problem with it was that there's no way to boost the damage done to Benched Pokemon. (Muscle Band and Deoxys only increase the damage done to Active Pokemon.) I guess it's still not to bad. Hits for 40 anyways, and it also has another attack that does 20 and you draw until you have 6. That could be useful to get yourself out of a rut. I might put it back in. I played a game against Plasma, and Leafeon seemed to do very well. At one point my opponent KO'd my only Jolteon with Lugia, and immediately I was able to use Sacred Ash, attach a Rainbow to a Benched Eevee, retreat and Pin Missile for the return KO. That's about as far as my testing goes; haven't had much time for that.

My biggest problem with this has been that it's a little low on space. I want more room for another Bangle/Band, but then at the same time, I need cards like Megaphone for Garbodor, and this could honestly use another Escape Rope/Lysandre. I'm considering dropping a Colress Machine and a Plasma to make room. I'm torn between wanting to consistently have Colress Machine when I need it to power up the two Energy cost attacks in one turn (because everything in here is so frail that it's a miracle if anything lasts more than one turn) and realizing that I'm probably not going to use all four. This is sort of me thinking aloud right now. I encourage anyone to comment with their suggestions. I really want this to work, but it feels like it needs a little more to be good.

RE: Plasma Eevees!

XD the only way to grab deoxys is plasma ball so play 3, add a couple switches or glaceon to get free retreat, u dont want a deoxys doing less that nothing in the active spot ( via lysandre for example )

RE: Plasma Eevees! (Leafeon / Flareon / Jolteon / Vaporeon / Deoxys EX)

I suppose if I put in Glaceon, I wouldn't need any switch cards because everything has two or less retreat. I'll try it dropping one Float Stone for a Glaceon and I guess I'll try to find room for a third Plasma Ball. I'll let you know how it goes. Might get the chance to do some testing with this today.

Back