Plasma Blast prerelease AUS

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Today I went to my first 'Pokemon' event, being the Plasma Blast prerelease. Not really knowing what to expect I registered and got my 6 packs. First pack was a full art dialga!! Which was awesome! Second pack was a jirachi ex!! And third pack was a golurk holo! The other packs were pretty standard, didnt get any kangaskan which was a shame, also didnt get any sawk... I did, on the other hand, get a decent amount of trainers!
Here's the list I used.
1 dialga ex
1 jirachi ex
2-2 escavalier (got both in the same pack.. One rare one reverse!)
2 tropius
1 genesect (call for family)
2-2 abomasnow

2 Caitlin
2 silver mirror
1 energy retrieval
1 ultra ball
1 catcher
1 reversal trigger

1 plasma energy
2 psychic
9 grass
8 steel
Round 1:
Game 1: I set up escavlier turn 2 and steamrolled through his team, he didn't get anything set up and I won!
Game 2: I started with lone jirachi ( worst starter i could have had) and he started lone machop. He went first and was attacking for 30 on turn 2, I was also attaching energies and on my third turn, I had 30hp left and knocked out his machop for the win, neither of us got any other basics and I couldn't believe I had won with jirachi...

Round 2:
I can't remember exactly, but he was using water and had a Blastoise.. I took this round 2-0 also, I know I did donk one of his squirtles with tropius at one stage...

Round 3:
I played against a guy with Palkia ex, secret rare virizion, tropius, and kangkaskan
Game one: he got Virizion turn 1 and proceeded to leaf wallop through my entire team... Couldn't get set up so he won.
Game 2: don't remember how it played out but I won somehow.. I think with dialga..
Game three: he started lone virizion, and I started lone snover with enough grass energies and abomasnow in hand. He went first and used double draw, I attached and passed. Then he leaf walloped and I evolved, attaching again to use razor leaf for 40. Can't exactly remember what happened but I was left with 10 hp on abomasnow and used bang heads for 80 to knock him out and win.
Currently 3-0
Round 4:
Played against dialga, drifblim, and octillery.
Game one: I catchered his dialga to stall him whilst using escavalier to steam roll and snipe his benched octillery, in the end I knocked out the two at once for 3 prizes. Then he sent out a drifloon, sniped by jirachi 40 damage and I used slashing strike to knock him out and win.
Game 2: I started with tropius and he had drifloon, I didn't draw anything and he evolved into drifblim which knocked me out giving him the win.
Game 3: I started tropius he had remoraid. He benched a dialga, and another remoraid, I attached silver mirror to tropius and it was essentially good game from there. His drifblim were both prized and nothing he had could attack. I took the last two prizes by catchering his dialga and OHKO it with my own dialga for the win
4-0
So my first event and I came equal first with two others (one of them had two virizion ex and multiple genesect (call for family)
Afterwards I got 5 packs (3 for winning, and 2 for entering) and pulled a palkia ex to finish. At the end of the day in my 11 packs I got 21 trainer cards, 3 exes, and other assorted rares..

MVP in this was escavalier who was awesome with sniping powers!!
Awaiting the release of plasma blast to start building a cradily deck of some description!!!

Back