Event Planning for a PokeBeach League

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
As our tournaments wrap up for the time being, I've been thinking of ways we can keep activity levels good on PokeBeach. I've been proposing an unofficial Pokemon League for us, but I won't be able do all the planning alone. Here are some ideas I've had that I've been hashing out. They're sort of all over the place:
  • A league will allow us to get together during a set time of the week, play, and talk shop
  • Discord will be used for voice chat on the PokeBeach server with multiple rooms so people can have some privacy with their opponents during their games
  • Games could be played of PTCGO or an alternative. If we use an alternative that would let people have more freedom, like a league would provide.
  • This isn't going to be a sanctioned Pokemon League, so there isn't anything to be earned under the Play! Pokemon program
  • Since it can't be sanctioned, we're free to do what we want
  • In lieu of the big tournaments we've been doing, we can have a small League Challenge when practical
  • We may be to find ('we' meaning myself and whoever is assisting -this would be an independent event of members)
  • I've thought about offering an incentive for people who participate , but that would require a sponsor, and I haven't begun making proposals yet. Code cards crossed my mind, but if we choose not to use PTCGO...
  • We'll need some volunteers to run things. Keep track of what goes on, make a ruling (if we used an alternative that isn't programmed to know what cards do), and some league leaders to help coordinate things
  • Our European friends are in a different timezone, so it would be best if we had people who could coordinate a North America league and a European League, etc.
Please let me know what you think of these. Feel free to discuss it, but keep in mind any suggestion you have should be kept in the realm of possibility. Once things are done I'll give this information to the people who will set things up for us.

Certainly something I'd love to participate in! I can help with some organization, but probably not day to day stuff, though I could help run challeneges/etc. certainly occasionally.

We should probably work out the times/days as early as possible - one time one day a week? Or more? Weekend morning US time for one of them at least?

One day a week at one time would work alright. Players from Europe would benefit from a time of their own if there's enough of them interested in the future. This will be one of those things where we might have to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks, so to speak.

I just became a premium member and was surprised to see the tournaments were going away. I like this league idea, there needs to be something active for the community. I'm excited to see this idea mature. I would offer my assistance but don't even know what I could do. I have time and am eager to learn how I may be of some assistance, however minor it may be.

I'll take a look at that this weekend when I have some time off.

@PokeMedic just to warn you the cards do nothing on there own so it is totally manual. It takes some getting used to and takes a couple games to master the hotkeys, but at least it provides a simulator where you can test Unified Minds!

Back