Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pinsir has been revealed from Pokemon Card 151! The set will release in Japan on June 16th. It will then release internationally as a special set this fall.
Thanks goes to JustInBasil for the translation!
Pinsir – Grass – HP120
Basic Pokemon
[G][C] Vise Grip: 30 damage.
[G][G][C] Reckless Throw: 90+ damage. If you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent, this attack does 90 more damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Continue reading...

TheNidoKing

Aspiring Trainer
It’s a shame the second attack doesn’t cost [G][C][C]. Go second, use Tatsugiri’s ‘Mise en Place’, pass turn. Sacrifice the Tatsugiri, attach a grass energy and defiance band, and swing for 210 on your second turn.

I’m sure N’s Rhyperior will tell us all (in very few words) how worthless this card is…but to be honest I would like to see community comments start suggesting how and where a card should be used rather than blithely dismissing said card as rubbish if it can’t OHKO the latest and greatest EX/GX/V/ex.

There’s more to life than the litmus test question “Can it swing for 300 on turn 1?”

This Pinsir works best in prerelease, works ok in GLC, and will probably be not that great in standard. If you’re playing a single prize deck and have a way to accelerate grass energy (Gardenia’s Vigor, Cherrim) then it’s not a bad second part of a 1, 2 attack plan.

3/5 stars

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Pinsir - yup, it's awful. 1. the attack cost. 2. even with the requisite, you only do 180, and nowadays, decks run 1 to none damage mods. When do we see things like Sableye LOT, which are good single-prized atkrs yet bonkers? 3

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
There’s more to life than the litmus test question “Can it swing for 300 on turn 1?”
There is more to life, but not much more to the format.

Also I see a trend of giving singleprizers "90+90" attacks. Obviously, on weakness, these attacks have a change to OHKO even the biggest powercreepers. But not on GGC, which makes this completely unsplashable.

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
It hits too little too KO any 2 prizers.. it costs too much to be good against any 1 prizer and finally teching it to hit on weakness with 360 damage is kinda fun but I don't really see a point to that number. Stage 2 ex with lot of hp and weak to grass is like the most niche thing ever.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Damn it's like he's psychic.

Remember, and this isn't specific to this card because I haven't read the spoiler yet, but every so often someone will take some cards that look like garbage and turn them into a meta-defining threat so never count something out because you don't see the advantage.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
It’s a shame the second attack doesn’t cost [G][C][C]. Go second, use Tatsugiri’s ‘Mise en Place’, pass turn. Sacrifice the Tatsugiri, attach a grass energy and defiance band, and swing for 210 on your second turn.

I’m sure N’s Rhyperior will tell us all (in very few words) how worthless this card is…but to be honest I would like to see community comments start suggesting how and where a card should be used rather than blithely dismissing said card as rubbish if it can’t OHKO the latest and greatest EX/GX/V/ex.

This Pinsir works best in prerelease, works ok in GLC, and will probably be not that great in standard. If you’re playing a single prize deck and have a way to accelerate grass energy (Gardenia’s Vigor, Cherrim) then it’s not a bad second part of a 1, 2 attack plan.

3/5 stars
Its an actually funny Grass attacker option in a LZ toolbox shell. Youre almost always going to be behind in prize for the first few turns and its easy enough to get to 7 prizes for a Mirage Gate. The only downside is that there's no Dark type decks in the meta to take advantage of.

F4nt45m

Dialga V-Star is a good deck guys
Why is this set full of bad cards? I understand that they need to do every pokemon from Kanto, but why are most of them so awful?

euromagpie

Aspiring Trainer
Not to say it's super viable regardless, but I'm kinda surprised that no one mentioned how this pairs with reversal energy

euromagpie

Aspiring Trainer
There are bettwr ways to take use of Reversal, and this is not one of them.
Better sure, but 180 for a single attachment on a single prize attacker you can certainly do much worse. Maybe not in this rotation with Zamazenta, but possibly in the next one.