• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pink Ribbon (Xerneas Break / Sylveon / Klefki)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
PINK RIBBON

thumb.php

Pokémon (12):
  • 3 Xerneas Break (beatdown)
  • 4 Xerneas XY11 (beatdown)
  • 2 Sylveon Ex (beatdown)
  • 2 Shaymin Ex (draw)
  • 1 Kefki (protection)
Trainer (34):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme (draw)
  • 2 Ninja Boy (versatile)
  • 1 Lysandre (control)
  • 2 N (draw)
  • 3 Trainer’s Mail (search)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 3 Exp Share (conserve)
  • 1 Super Rod (retrieval)
  • 4 Vs Seeker (retrieval)
  • 2 Repeat Ball (search)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Fairy Garden (enable)
Energy (13):
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 12 Fairy Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Xerneas XY11 and bench two basic Pokémon using Repeat Ball and Ultra Ball. Accelerate energies with Max Elixir and Geomancy. Make sure to attach Exp. Share to benched Pokémon to maintain the energies on the battlefield. Next turn either evolve into Xerneas BREAK and attack or accelerate one more turn. Use Double Colorless on Sylveon Ex to simultaneously fuel it's attack and Life Stream. Retrieve Xerneas BREAK and other resources with Super Rod. Ninja Boy can turn Shaymin Ex and the alternate attackers into Xerneas and conserve the resources devoted to them and ensure a stable stream of Xerneas BREAK.

SPOILER:

All translations have been taken from Pokébeach.

Xerneas Break
Break evolution - evolves from Xerneas
HP 150
[Y][Y] Life Stream: 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

Ninja Boy
Trainer - Supporter
Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and switch it with 1 of your Basic Pokémon in play. Any cards attached to that Pokémon, damage counters, special conditions, and effects on it are now on the new Pokémon. Shuffle the first Basic Pokémon into your deck.

Last edited:

dbussert

Aspiring Trainer
I can't see needing both Xerneas EX and Lugia EX, they seem to fill the same niche of a big HP attacker. Also 2 Ninja Boy is a lot when you already get free retreat from Fairy Garden and it can't be used on Xerneas BREAK. A better combo might be Pokemon Ranger which would let Xerneas EX X-Blast 2 turns in a row. Energy Switch could be very powerful, letting you do a T2 X-Blast after a T1 Geomancy, retreat Xerneas, promote the EX, attach an energy and switch from Xerneas to the EX, similar to how AquaBox works.

Moist Socks

Youngster Joey
I use giratina ex as my back up attacker instead since its still a decent attacker. lugia is not worth the spot as it needs the energy on itself and can lose it all

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Maybe Fates Collide Diancie EX could serve as a backup attacker since with Fairy Garden in play its attack will do 110 a turn, with 1 less energy cost, and it won't require you to discard the stadium like Lugia EX's second attack will. The ability might also prove helpful.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Gabking5458,

The list of ment for the PCR-on format.

Hi dbussert,

Thanks for the review. Xerneas Ex has been chosen because it can also hit the bench while Lugia Ex can use the first attack to punish players that hoard energies on a single Pokémon. In general I wanted to Pokémon Ex here that can benefit from Double Colorless Energy to make sure it has an additional purpose other than boosting the damage output of Xerneas Break. As suggested by Pikachu 6319, Diabcie Ex from Fates Collide would be another option.

I know that two Ninja Boy is a little much but it was one of the cards that helped me out a lot. The main purpose is to convert Pokémon Ex into Xerneas and break-evolve it afterwards. Xerneas Break is the main attacker in this deck and the Pokémon Ex are merely assistance lines.

Not sure on Pokémon Ranger in this deck. Although I like this card a lot I have doubts that Xerneas Ex will ever be able to use X Blast twice even in the new format since there are a lot of Pokémon that can ohko Pokémon Ex without Fighting Fury Belt attached and the deck did not have space for that tool since Exp. Share turned out to be more important.

Hi Moist Socks,

Thanks for the review. Decided against Giratina because around here Rainbow Xerneas and Xerneas Break decks are much more common that M Rayquaza decks and Giratina Ex is weak to fairies. In fact none showed up thus far since Rainbow Xerneas can do the same without being reliant on Skyfield. It simply was the more efficient variant of that tactic. That leaves us with M Mewtwo and Steam Siege M Gardevoir in addition to M Sceptile as the only mega evolution decks used in the local meta-game. I would not be surprised to see the US meta shift fast from M Rayquaza to Rainbow Xerneas too since it is equally fast and harder to disrupt. If so Giratina Ex may not be the optimal choice as an attacker. Let me know what you think about it.

Hi Pikachu6319,

Thanks for the review. Had to google Diancie Ex but it could be decent in this deck. Will be sure to give it a try.