Art Gallery VinculumStellarum's Art Showcase

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
More art! When was the last time that happened?

The first piece is something kinda related to The Rhythm of Life, as it's got the two main characters in it. I was bored one day before I started work on the story and decided to draw Connor and Rina together:
Connor and Rina~.jpeg
It's kinda lazy with staying in the lines with the colours. I might clean it up at some point, but for now this is alright.

Also, whether Connor and Rina are actually romantically interested in each other in RoL... ICNCND.

The second piece is something I actually finished this morning. When I got up, I was bored and decided to do a drawing of one of the Paddlers from Rhythm Heaven (they basically just play ping pong all the time), so I opened up my 3DS and got to work. Here it is!
Paddler~.jpeg
I am so happy with this. This was the result of two hours of layering paint and whipping around the smudge stick non-stop to get a decent shading effect, and it turned out amazingly. The head actually looks like a box like it's supposed to be! I tried doing the background before colouring the character this time, and it was a lot easier than doing it after the fact. It's also my new avatar.

Another thing I want to show off isn't quite a drawing, but actually something I sewed together. I decided to make a doll of the Paddler since I was bored and needed something to do, so I worked for four hours straight or something.
0-eus-d3-3a027b29d086128406653b5645aabccf.jpg
I know it's a little lazy with stitching on the head and arms, as I couldn't find the same colour thread at first, but it's still cute. This doll stands about seven inches tall (measured next to a 30cm ruler) and used about five different materials total. I doubt the eyes will last too long so I may have to find a different material for those.

The last thing I want to show off also isn't a drawing, but this one's actually a music track. In Fine Arts right now, I'm in a class on EDM production, and I've been learning how to make music. The file linked isn't the finished product, but I want to hear what you guys think! ^v^

I had a video for this, but the audio in it didn't work right, so I have the file on my Google Drive. You'll need a Google account to listen to it if my memory serves me right: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0UygpSOwUwqTFlSaXJOcTMxSGc

That's it for this update! Hopefully I can keep updates rolling out at a decent pace. Thanks for taking a look!

VinculumStellarum

I did some more art and decided to post it here. There's not a lot today, but there's something.

First thing I wanna quickly show off is a pencil sketch of Space Brother from Rhythm of Life I did. Unlike Gramps and Sister, he's not a character within the games (although his species is), so since I had a few sketches done, I picked the best one I had and have it conveniently placed in the spoiler below.
thingm.png
I actually struggle with drawing people sitting down properly, so this wasn't too bad. I also left out the box on his head, probably because I didn't want to draw it at the time. I might colour this at some point, but I don't know if I will.

The next thing is a Pokémon! Yes, I actually did draw a Pokémon for once, and I'm pretty happy with it. Here's Meloetta!
Meloetta.png
Meloetta's one of the easier Pokémon for me to draw since it's more humanoid than the rest of the 'Dex. I think I added too many sparkles, but Meloetta still stands out, which is good.

That's all I've got. I hope you liked it!

Last edited:

VinculumStellarum

Remind me to stop doing art at 1:00 am.

While I was staying up a few nights ago, I decided to draw Rina Ping for whatever reason. It actually didn't turn out bad and looks alright. Here it is!
Rina In Space.png
The cel shading actually looks good! Also, cookies to anyone who knows why those planets are there.
Thanks for taking a look! ^v^

VinculumStellarum

Wow, it's been a long time since I updated this. I've been busy with schoolwork in recent days, but I've managed to find some time when it was all cleared up, so here's an update!

With the new generation of Pokémon out, I've found myself really liking some of the new designs. One of my absolute favourites is Lurantis, and I became determined to make a doll of it, so I spent most of the whole weekend working on it. While it still has some very small things that it needs, it's mostly finished, and in a state where I can show it off. Here it is!
Lurantis ~ Front.png Lurantis ~ Back.png
I was at school during lunch break when I took these. I'm really proud of how this turned out! I was assisted with sewing most of the pieces, but I put them together, made the patterns, and did pretty much everything else. It still needs the bottom half of the petal wings done, and I have to add the stripes to the legs, but it's finished to the point where I can carry it around and most people I know won't know the difference.

In addition to this, I now have not only the finished version of my EDM school project, but also a small remix I did as an inside joke. First off, I'll link the EDM school project, which is about three minutes in length. I'm pretty happy with the result.
The second link is a Christmas remix of the Game Select theme from Rhythm Heaven, which I did as an inside joke. This one's a lot shorter, at 1:30, but I feel like it really captures the Christmas/Winter feeling, and that's what I'm most proud of.
I'm pretty sure you'll need a Google account to listen to these, but it shouldn't be hard to set up if you don't have one. ^v^

That's it for this update! Thanks for taking a look!

VinculumStellarum

So I finally got a new avatar finished! I also have a bunch of pencil sketches from school to dump here.

The first thing I want to show off is my new avatar. I spent about a day or so working on it (although my drawing tablet randomly stopped working halfway through), but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
PikaMasterProfile.png
Okay, I have to say, I'm really proud of the background and the tank top. I feel like I did a really good job; they look so good to look at. As with many of the avatars I make, this one has a rainbow-themed background. The pencil sketch is below:
0-eus-d1-9bf86be7ab2889cbdbd4d277d6df4dbb.jpg

The next thing I have to show off is the collection of pencil sketches I did in class. I tried experimenting with some of them, and it honestly turned out really well.
0-eus-d3-f8250732b1932fba0b1ace54e4a264d6.jpg
Really liking the coat and hair/head on this one, especially with how the coat is atop the skirt so well.
Ness Michelin.png
Literally all I did was put graphite to a piece of paper and smudge it around with my finger a bit, and somehow it turned out amazing. His ears are a little big, though.
0-eus-d2-433029896675cb3a470c2db1b6c4cdb9.jpg
I drew what my trainer looks like in Moon, minus the logo on the tank top, and it honestly looks pretty good. Hands are a little wonky, but I think the hair and head were done really well on this one.
Could use work.png
This was the first Pencil Sketch 2.0 drawing I did, and it could use some work. The hair strands look too blatantly obvious.
0-eus-d1-604ee657141815b4f3fa557916edcf4e.jpg
Pretty happy with this one. Arms look a little short though.

The last picture I have to show off is a quick pencil sketch of a Pikachu. I've never been good at drawing Pikachu, but I feel like I've done a pretty good job on this one.
EoS Pikachu.png
It's got human-like features, but it's the best Pikachu I've ever drawn, in my opinion. The bandana is for the Mystery Dungeon series, of which I hit a huge nostalgia kick for recently.

Thanks for taking a look!

VinculumStellarum

Before I regret this, I'm making myself post a cover of Lost in Thoughts All Alone that I did a few days ago. I'm not too happy with it––I'm never very happy with my covers, as I don't think I sound too great most of the time––but I'm okay enough with this to post it online, which I've never done before, so it's a bit of a new experience.

Some of the audio may sound a little weird at times, because I had to do a few re-recordings of lyrics and I had to pitch-bend a tiny portion because I hit an off note. You'll know when you hit that. I also think the first few seconds need a little work. >_<"

Another quick mention is that there's a bit of instrumental missing in places. This is because I used a self-cropped version of the song that I sung to at a talent show earlier in the school year.

I hope you guys can enjoy this!

VinculumStellarum

Decided I may as well post something I drew for Christmas before I go to school today. Bleh, school...

The piece was actually intended as a sort of re-imagining of a drawing I did two years ago for Christmas, which consisted of two characters ending up under a mistletoe together while doing a gift exchange. It was horribly proportioned, but I liked the idea, so this year, I did another version with different characters and setting. Here it is!
Christmas Drawing.jpeg
I gave a new painting style a shot and it came out amazingly, in my opinion. I'm very proud of this drawing.

VinculumStellarum

Thank you! I'm really glad to hear you like it. The piece took multiple hours of blending, so it really makes me happy to hear you enjoy the piece. :D

VinculumStellarum

Recently, I decided to put some work into re-drawing the character profiles I made when I first created and posted Turnabout Timber, since the existing ones were disproportioned and look horrible today. Here they are!
Al Catraz (New @).png
This was the first re-draw I did, out of sheer boredom. The suit ended up working extremely well, and I'm super proud of it. He also isn't in a generic standing still pose!
Sakura Anaman (New).png
This was the second re-draw I did, when I decided to pursue recreating all four main Al Catraz characters. I kinda rushed the arms a bit, so it's not as polished as the others on this list, but it looks decent.
Benjamin Cloviet (New).png
This is the third re-draw I did, and it's probably my favourite. It really captures the innocent, childish personality of Benjamin, in my opinion, plus he's always been my favourite of the Al Catraz cast.
Lucian Umbra (New).png
This was the last of the re-draws I did, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. My hand analogy didn't quite work right, so it looks like a blob by Lucian's left eye (from his perspective), when it's supposed to be a hand pinching the handle. Nonetheless, the shades came out better than I expected, and the suit looks okay. I probably spent the least time on this.
The older versions of the drawings can be found here, in this spoiler:
Al Catraz (Old).png
Sakura Anaman (Old).png
Benjamin Cloviet (Old).png
Lucian Umbra (Old).png
Honestly, I'd say it's one of Lucian or Al that improved the most between re-draws. Just... look at this... Ick.

I also did a quick sketch of Mercedes Anaman as experimentation with hair, and it's one of the first times I've drawn her with her finalized design (at least for the most part).
Mercedes Anaman.jpeg
The thing I experimented with here was hair behind the back of the head, but not quite the ponytail. You see how there's a bit sticking out behind the neck? That's what I was testing out, and I think it worked pretty well. This is also a hairstyle I don't think Mercedes would use often––maybe for more athletic events––as her hair is normally down instead of tied up.
Lastly, I did a sketch of myself with a sword, as I wanted to try out more battle stand-ish poses.
0-cus-d3-bda4746155a7d0fe10e2d4dabf41d60e.jpg
I think this turned out pretty well. The jeans need some work, but it was a quick sketch.
Alright, it was because CW had disappeared at the time and I was livid. I'll admit it.

Last edited:

VinculumStellarum

Yaaay, more drawings! There's not a lot this time around; I've been really busy with school, but things have cleared up, so now I can post stuff!

First off, I tried drawing another space landscape. All done in Pokémon Art Academy, I think it went pretty well.
Space and Rainbows.png
It's nice-looking as a standalone. I tried Photoshopping an old avatar over it, but it didn't look very good.
Benji Catraz with a New Background.png
It just doesn't have the same feel.
Next, about a week or so back, I drew Sakura holding the Magatama out of boredom.
Uhh, Al?.png
I don't really have much to say about this one, except for proportioning is pretty realistic.
I've been playing around with Photoshop and applying filters, so I figure I may as well show those off, too.
improvement.png
I love the posterize effect on this. It brings the background to life. I also made a new facial expression for this one. The old one was kinda bleh.

VioletValkyrie added a rainbow effect from his photo editor onto the original picture; it's hard to see, but it's really nice looking. I wanna give a quick shout-out to that.
16343696_1841676049424337_1030846140_n.png
I did not add this filter! All credit for this filtered picture goes to VioletValkyrie as mentioned above.
Ooooh.png
This one's okay at best. Not really something I'd consider making an avatar of at the moment. It looks like some sort of "rad" 80s picture to me.
5ryfy.png
This one's okay at best as well, but the posterize is really nice on the shirt.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Really great work. You have your own unique style and it's very interesting. One thing I would love to see is more facial variation. In particular, the mouth. If you can try draw your characters with an opened mouth, smiling or being angry or even sad (crying) I think it would add more depth into your work.
Also, for the third drawing, good job on the neck. Try to make it a little thiner, to match the body. In these types of drawing where the head is drawn bigger than the body, it is usually the only part that is bigger than normal. The neck usually goes with the body's size. Oh, and also, excellent work on the fingers!

VinculumStellarum

Thank you! :D
One thing I would love to see is more facial variation. In particular, the mouth. If you can try draw your characters with an opened mouth, smiling or being angry or even sad (crying) I think it would add more depth into your work.
I'll do this for sure! When I draw, I typically default to one of two or so emotions, and it can get bland after a while, so I do need to improve on that. I'll do some more experimenting and try to work more into my artwork.
Also, for the third drawing, good job on the neck. Try to make it a little thiner, to match the body. In these types of drawing where the head is drawn bigger than the body, it is usually the only part that is bigger than normal. The neck usually goes with the body's size. Oh, and also, excellent work on the fingers!
I'm not sure if you're talking about Sakura or not, but thanks either way! I'll definitely keep this in mind. :D

VinculumStellarum

I got way too inspired by an animation video I saw two days ago and decided to try out a new style to try to draw something like in the animation. It probably won't be sticking around, but it was nice to play with.
kuegfla.png
I forgot to add the ponytail, but honestly, it looks much better without it.
rinaping.png
This is probably the worst of the three, but I'm still happy with how it turned out.
benji1.png benji2.png
I couldn't decide which one I liked more, so I'm posting both. One's a bit bigger than the other due to how Miiverse formats images but it doesn't matter too much.

VinculumStellarum

Jeez, it's been a long time since I updated. That's partially because I've recently become obsessed with Undertale and Bendy and the Ink Machine, but at least it produced a lot of art for me to post! There's going to be quite a bit in this post, so I hope your browser doesn't lag often.

The first piece is another doll I sewed together after I finished my first run of Undertale, of the protagonist, Frisk. I rushed this one in two days before I got my braces, and it's been around for about a month now, so Skype folks might be familiar with it.
0-cus-d3-b540ce39de6f876ac1631083b2831497.jpg
I gotta fix up that eye, but I love the outcome of this. It actually helped me fall asleep when [Undertale spoiler] was keeping me up at night, which is actually super cool. It's small, at about the size of six inches, but it's still awesome.
I actually drew Frisk a couple times, so I'll dump those here, too.
frisk1.jpeg
frisk2.jpeg
This was my avatar for a bit, and the first Frisk drawing I did. Stay determined.
frisk3.jpeg
This was traced from a notebook drawing, so it's a bit rushed.
frisk~.png
This was actually really good. I did try to colour this one, but it turned out badly.
qlfga.png
Forgot to finish the shoes. Oops.
ehhhhhhh.png
This was drawn for Frisk Achra (the character I'm using in MotFI) for my own story. Art program closed before I could finish it though. :/
0-cus-d1-32a463906c6ddf11e8d65cb62678047e.jpg
@PMJ wanted me to draw this for a Skype chat, so I quickly sketched this along with Chara (or my take on him, Chara Skrif).
friskbottomscreen.png
Drawn for a custom 3DS theme, which ended up turning out badly.

Next up, I drew two little Pokémon related things. The first is a redraw of myself as the Champion of a region.
WVW69kGz8VQmycR7GF.jpeg
This actually turned out really well. It was nice and simplistic, with no shading, but that gives it charm. Here's the original, from November/December 2014.
zrnx1dU.jpg

It's such a bad drawing. Can I burn it yet?
Next up is a Pikachu that I drew when redoing some of the Pokémon Art Academy in-game drawing lessons. They're actually quite good, and for those with the game, I recommend playing through them all. I just loopholed my way through them all by tracing since I got the game back in late 2014 and had no patience, but even though the game will let you do it, it's a bad idea for those who want to improve their drawing.
iAvN4Iv.jpg

I didn't like my proportioning on Pikachu at first, but looking back on it now, it's one of the better Pokémon I've ever done.

With that out of the way, I'll finally dump all the Bendy stuff. For those not aware of what Bendy is, I'll put everything in a spoiler to condense things.
Bendy's a character from an indie horror game called Bendy and the Ink Machine. The game is about 1920s Disney-styled cartoon characters who are out to kill you. The main cartoon character you see around, Bendy, is a cartoon ink demon. Throughout a lot of the game, he's portrayed as cute and friendly, with posters starring him in cartoons such as "The Dancing Demon" and "Little Devil Darling", so I portray him as, well, not scary.
The first piece of art I have to show off for the Bendy showcase is yet another doll. Like Frisk, I rushed this two days before my vacation (I was literally finishing up the morning we left), and I've sent pictures in the Skype chat, so some of you may be familiar with it.
BEwgnEn.png

I've actually got a few things more to do to this, such as redo the mouth and add a tail, so I'll update this picture when that's done.
Next up is the dump of art I've done for Bendy, so I'll just place them in spoilers and get on my way.
CVmybOB.jpg

I was writing this as midnight, so I hope the writing isn't too hard to read. That aside, while I was on vacation, I made my own take of Bendy, and I started writing a bit of a story starring him, but it's not finished yet and I want to get it more finished and polished before I start posting chapters.
Pjg4efM.png

I spent a whole day doing this one, and it actually turned out pretty good. I like the sepia background.
jjz6VVl.png

Quick explanation for this one: In the game, on one of the walls near the beginning, written in ink is the phrase "DREAMS COME TRUE". I decided to draw Bendy questioning this, and it actually turned out really well.
It's also a Miiverse drawing, and someone commented that it was one of the best Bendy drawings they had ever seen, which, while I know there's much better fanart of him out there, it made my day. :D
SOUSsg7.png

I actually started this yesterday because I was feeling a bit meh, but I decided to finish it today, and it actually didn't turn out badly. I really like the ink tears on the bottom and the proportioning.

Also, I'll probably be drawing Bendy for quite a while, so please forgive me. ^v^"

VinculumStellarum

Wow, it's been two months since I last updated this. I'm getting worse and worse at updating this. Oops.

The first drawing I'd like to post is something I did for French class. We were asked to pick a French quote, draw something to represent it, and then explain why we chose the quote we did. I chose to do the quote "L'abit ne fait pas le moine," which means "The clothes do not make the man," and draw Bendy in angel's robes.
A Fallen Angel.jpeg
I'm honestly actually really happy with how this turned out. It captures the setting for sure, in my opinion.

Next up, I did a couple lazy sketches on Miiverse that I may as well just show off here. They're certainly not bad, to say the least.
aliceangel.png
This was originally drawn sideways, but I rotated it to make it easier for you guys. This is what I would call a heavenly setting.
friskinthefire.png
Sort of inspired by some of Asgore's attacks in the Neutral/Pacifist final boss fight.
itsrainingsomewhereelse.png
This one's a little darker than my normal stuff, as this is supposed to be Frisk having been impaled with one of Undyne's spears and possibly dead or dying. The quote is actually the name of a song from Undertale, rather than something said in game.
careforadrink.png
I drew this one in my notebook as well, but I don't have that on me at the moment; it's on my phone. This drawing is supposed to be of Luigi in his tuxedo from the SM64DS/NSMB minigames (particularly the card game ones), who I imagine would be a bit more suave and almost flirty than the normal Luigi.
boredpikamaster.png
To be honest, I don't know if this is snow or just really big stars. I'm okay with it being either. :p

I also did a lazy pastel drawing of myself and Bendy together, because I felt like drawing in colour but didn't feel like going all-out.
jesi+bendy.jpeg
This reminds me of something a kindergarten student would draw, which is absolutely adorable, in my opinion.

I'll post some of the notebook stuff later, because I'm a little too lazy to add that stuff at the moment. Thanks for taking a look at my stuff! ^v^

VinculumStellarum

Wow. It's been a long time since I was last here. Sorry. :/

So I guess I should say a little bit before I go and post my recent works. The day I got out of school, I was introduced to a puzzle game series called Puyo Puyo. It's a pretty great game, I recommend you try Fever if you can. But anyways, one of the characters in that game is a character named Klug. I fell in love with him on first sight and dropped Bendy immediately in favour of him. So a lot of these sketches are about Puyo, or Klug.

First things first, I made a doll of Klug.
ahhboyitsklug.png
So I decided to take things slowly when I first got into the series––by making a doll of my favourite character. This is Klug as he appears in 20th and Chronicles. It took me two days and some late nights to work on him, and I really love him. He's great.
Height-wise, he's around 10in.
I also have a couple sketches of him, so instead of putting them in their own spoilers, I'll just throw them into one collective one because I'm too lazy to organize things right now.
WVW69kd23BU82xExf1.jpeg
WVW69keQxBQVypDhOo.png
WVW69kfyEyY-TW6GDc.jpeg
WVW69kd5N6UjuM1Lmx.jpeg
What has my life become.png
WVW69khWOSsgVFj2YM.jpeg
Screenshot at Aug 02 01-14-27.png
ayyyyy.png
WVW69kh2UAk9U3E6Nh.jpeg
That's all for now. I'll probably add some of my pencil sketches at a later date, when I'm not feeling so lazy. I hope you guys like my art! ^v^

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Wow, you've improved so much in these past months! I'm #TeamLemres but I have to say your art is amazing! :D