Pikachu Funko Pop! Releasing in July

CorinthiansRose

Aspiring Trainer
Well to be fair, Pikachu never really had pupils in the first place. The "whites" are just the shine. If you look closely at the new artwork released for "Go", Pikachu in reality has very dark and black pupils and the rest of the eye is super dark grey/brown.

Donutnut1

Aspiring Trainer
Just as a clarification, this pop will just be a figure. Funko has a deal with Marvel so that the Marvel pops are bobbleheads but that's it, the rest are just big-headed figures.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
I'm wondering if we'll ever get any more Pokémon Funko pops. the most obvious along with Pikachu would be the Gen 1 starters (including Eevee).

actually they might do something different tho.. idk lets see

Heviin

Aspiring Trainer
I will totally paint the whites or stick something on it. It's very creepy otherwise.

SinitsynME

Aspiring Trainer
Aaarghhh..... this is the most horrible pop-figure I've ever seen.... *I'll have to kill myself in order not to see that again"

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Aaarghhh.... this is the most horrible pop-figure I've ever seen.... *I'll have to kill myself in order not to see that again"
u have to go that far for this? and what do you mean.. the FNAF Pops were much much worse. and basically cash Grabs for an old game at this point. and funky did way too many FNAF Pop figures then anything like Pokémon. and hopefully we will never have to hear about more FNAF POPs again...

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Not gonna lie... the whole Pop aesthetic kinda works on this one.

I mean most of the other ones all look weird cause of the giant misproportioned heads, sure Pikachu's head looks a little square-ish, but it actually works.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Aww, it’s so-
AAAAAAAH!
-Blockbuster movie Return of the Possessed Pikachu.

Are they gonna make a Goomy one of these? It doesn’t have any pupils to begin with, so it’s still adorable.

KentGardner

Aspiring Trainer
All these pop figures are the ugliest things. I never understood the appeal of these. Everywhere I go I see them, enough already.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I heard rumors about these popping up in Target's DPCI system a month ago and I was kind of hoping it was a fake, I have mixed feelings on it being true since those leaks also confirm another Pokemon POP coming later in the year for a higher price (which usually means it's a 6" or 10" POP).

That said, these things WILL sell out. Target-exclusive POPs are notoriously difficult to find at MSRP when they feature a character from a well-known brand.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Pop funkos are for wannabe collectors
Yes, because you're only a real fan if you spend your entire life savings on each collectible you buy.
Honestly, I hate people who rag on Pop! figures. They're cheap, they have a uniform aesthetic which means you can have a bunch of random ones on your shelf and they don't look wierd, and they're really not that bad for the price.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, because you're only a real fan if you spend your entire life savings on each collectible you buy.
Honestly, I hate people who rag on Pop! figures. They're cheap, they have a uniform aesthetic which means you can have a bunch of random ones on your shelf and they don't look wierd, and they're really not that bad for the price.
It should also be noted that Funko POPs may be the ONLY form of vinyl figure (or merchandise in general) that exists for a certain series.

that ivy guy

Aspiring Trainer
I suppose the one silver lining is that it shouldn't be hard to dab on some white shinespots on the eyes yourself with some paint.