Ruling Pikachu Evolution

Mapleboy86

Chuck Norris can touch MC Hammer
Not that I'm gonna run Raichu or anything, but what would happen if:

You had a pichu and on this turn you evolved it into a Pikachu. You Cosmic power and get a Rare Candy and a Raichu. Can you rare candy pikachu into raichu because pikachu says it's a basic pokemon?

No. Pikachu is no longer a Basic Pokemon. It is now an Evolved Pokemon because you put it on top of Pichu.

In game terms, an "Evolved Pokemon" is any Pokemon with another Pokemon underneath it. This is why cards such as Mewtwo LV.X say "that isn't an Evolved Pokemon." Its intent is to stop Basic Pokemon, but it closes the "Pikachu's card says it's Basic" loophole that presents itself should a Pikachu that was evolved from Pichu attack Mewtwo LV.X.

However Lv.Xs count as whatever stage they leveled up from since they simply leveled up, they diodn't evolve.

Evolved Pokemon are pokemon who have a different named card underneath them.

Level X cards are considered same name

i kinda have a question on top of this one. So if u had pichu benched and u jus had rare candy and raichu can u jus rare candy to raichu right away.

I don't believe so. I don't think Pichu technically "evolves" into Pikachu (it evolves via its Poke-Power, and Pikachu is a Basic Pokemon), so you therefore can't evolve into Raichu.

Back