Help Physical, Special, Direct, Priority... types of move that I've confused of.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Hello, guys. I played Gold few years ago. (Makes a reason why I am bit good on VGC). Something that makes me confused until now. What moves are Physical, Special, Direct, Priority, etc. ? It is hard for me to identify which one is which. Even on stats makes me confusing. I know about Speed it tells you who will go first. Pls. Help me, guys. It will make me a pro a bit.

In the old days the attack type determined if it was physical or special. Now you have to look at the move and if it has the rings it is special; physical moves have kind of a bomb blast symbol. Moves that have priority usually say in the description always goes first or always goes last or something to that affect. I might be missing some of the new moves.

-7 Trick Room
-6 Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, Circle Throw
-5 Counter, Mirror Coat
-4 Avalanche, Revenge
-3 Focus Punch
-2 None
-1 Vital Throw
0 All moves not listed.
+1 Ally Switch, Aqua Jet, Bide, Bullet Punch, Ice Shard, Mach Punch, Quick Attack, Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Vacuum Wave, Water Shuriken
+2 Extreme Speed, Feint
+3 Endure, Fake Out, Follow Me, Quick Guard, Rage Powder, Wide Guard
+4 Detect, Magic Coat, Protect, Snatch
+5 Helping Hand
+6 Switching, Rotating in rotation battles
+7 Pursuit on switch

How about in animation, how is it determined if it is special or not?
The animations of the moves aren't directly related with whether it's physical or special. :) If you're unsure while playing the game, you can always tap the little blue information symbol next to moves in the battle menu and it tells you whether it's physical or special there.

Back