Photos: Old Pokemon Fighters Return in 'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate,' Play as Leaf!

Alolan Vivillon

Aspiring Trainer
Pichu returning is amazing.
If rage continues to be a consistent addition to the smash series, Pichu is instantly more viable then he ever was.
Having natural knockback growth rate

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Pretty bumed out at the worst Nintendo e3 reveal in years..

Come on wpm and confirm that let's go will be epic fun!

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Remember when Brawl had a very enthralling story with a good plotline? I want Ultimate to have a story mode and storyline similar to that of Brawl. Crossover story events are a thing for me. I'm still want this nonetheless. And wow, Pichu? I miss that Pokemon. Is incineroar going to be a challenger as well? I sure hope so.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
Well there goes my wallet and next month's rent. Just kidding, gonna have to start saving up to get a Switch to play all the amazing games that are coming out as well as the current games.

Alolan Vivillon

Aspiring Trainer
I hate that it is the same game with some updates. All of this could have been on smash wii u.
This game could never have been on the Wii U. That was simply stated for several reasons.
First off, they wanted 3Ds and Wii U to be essentially the same game, so the 3Ds could not have this massive of a roster.
Second off, the 3Ds and Wii U could not handle Ice Climbers. Having four of them on the 3Ds couldn't happen and the Wii U couldn't handle 8 of them in a single match.
Third, the graphics are far better in this then in the Wii U. The Wii U could never have graphics that look this good.
Fourth, this game clearly has some very large differences, ie. completely changing final smashes, directional air dodging, ladder attacks, etc.

Simply, it is needed to be it's own game. Not on the other two outdated consoles.
I'm not mad, just disappointed.
-Vivillon

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
This game could never have been on the Wii U. That was simply stated for several reasons.
First off, they wanted 3Ds and Wii U to be essentially the same game, so the 3Ds could not have this massive of a roster.
Second off, the 3Ds and Wii U could not handle Ice Climbers. Having four of them on the 3Ds couldn't happen and the Wii U couldn't handle 8 of them in a single match.
Third, the graphics are far better in this then in the Wii U. The Wii U could never have graphics that look this good.
Fourth, this game clearly has some very large differences, ie. completely changing final smashes, directional air dodging, ladder attacks, etc.

Simply, it is needed to be it's own game. Not on the other two outdated consoles.
-Vivillon

I agree with this, sure but for me, its the same game with "extra" stuff. Its a enhanced port, just like Pokken Tournament DX, Mario Kart and other ported Wii U game. The Final Smash attacks on Wii U were the same from Wii so its nice to see them updated but its just that, updated.

Alolan Vivillon

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with this, sure but for me, its the same game with "extra" stuff. Its a enhanced port, just like Pokken Tournament DX, Mario Kart and other ported Wii U game. The Final Smash attacks on Wii U were the same from Wii so its nice to see them updated but its just that, updated.
I have some agreements with it being an update, but really, the Wii U just could not have done this. I'd like to say "It's just an update" but it has every character. Looks like possibly every stage. Battlefield modes. Redone kits for people like Link. I know it seems like very little, but looking at everything it's a LOT of changes.

Thanks for not being upset, I expected you to be really salty like a lot of people I inform on the internet
but you're really nice, thanks for taking that so well :)
Have a good day man
-Vivillon

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I have some agreements with it being an update, but really, the Wii U just could not have done this. I'd like to say "It's just an update" but it has every character. Looks like possibly every stage. Battlefield modes. Redone kits for people like Link. I know it seems like very little, but looking at everything it's a LOT of changes.

Thanks for not being upset, I expected you to be really salty like a lot of people I inform on the internet
but you're really nice, thanks for taking that so well :)
Have a good day man
-Vivillon

Nothing to be mad about really. It is what it is and I expect Japanese games to do this but I see Smash Ultimate like Ultra Sun/Moon. Its the same base game with updates. I know a bit about the Wii U specs since I made an attempt to develop on the system and the thing with Ice Climbers have some truth but the Switch in portable mode is about on par with the Wii U, just a bit higher. Its important to remember that the PS3 is less powerful than the Wii U and it could run such things no issue despite being harder to develop for. I think Ice Climbers weren't in Wii U due to balance issues.

The Wii U is about 176 GF and the Switch is about 196 GF portable and sure it is a difference but this is almost like the rules of two thing for making platform games.

Scourge188

Aspiring Trainer

-Vivillon

Actually the Wii U was able to handle the ice climbers. The 3ds’ issue of not being able to handle the ice climbers was the reason they weren’t released since both games had to have the same roster.

Alolan Vivillon

Aspiring Trainer
Nothing to be mad about really. It is what it is and I expect Japanese games to do this but I see Smash Ultimate like Ultra Sun/Moon. Its the same base game with updates. I know a bit about the Wii U specs since I made an attempt to develop on the system and the thing with Ice Climbers have some truth but the Switch in portable mode is about on par with the Wii U, just a bit higher. Its important to remember that the PS3 is less powerful than the Wii U and it could run such things no issue despite being harder to develop for. I think Ice Climbers weren't in Wii U due to balance issues.

The Wii U is about 176 GF and the Switch is about 196 GF portable and sure it is a difference but this is almost like the rules of two thing for making platform games.

Actually the Wii U was able to handle the ice climbers. The 3ds’ issue of not being able to handle the ice climbers was the reason they weren’t released since both games had to have the same roster.
I just hope both y'all realize that this game is running on a completely different engine. So that alone shows that this is not a port or could be done as an update. Also, we don't know for sure if Ice climbers could work with 8 player smash or not on the Wii U, but with what can make it lag already, it can be presumed that it would cause lag with 8 of them, not even adding items.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer

Say hello to literally every Super Smash Bros game ever. They'll all literally updates of each other.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I don't feel the need to bring back Pichu as a fighter. I mean, he damages himself when he attacks. He's going to be one of the lightest fighters, and he'll be easy KO fodder.

Especially considering his "gimmick" from Melee is returning, and Pichu is destined for bottom-tier.

Considering Decidueye was in Pokken, I think it's a no-brainer for Incineroar to be in Smash, with his Final Smash probably being "Malicious Moonsault" or something like that...

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty bumed out at the worst Nintendo e3 reveal in years..

Come on wpm and confirm that let's go will be epic fun!

It was actually a pretty great Nintendo E3. There was Daemon X Machina which looks amazing, Fire Emblem Three Houses which looks gorgeous and finally Super Smash Bros Ultimate which looks epic. 3 amazing games (not including Octopath Travellers, Pokemon Let's Go and The World Ends With You) got revealed which was pretty awesome. More than what I saw from any other show.