• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pest Control (Shedinja/Ninjask LOT, Grovyle LOT, Lapras UNM)

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 24

* 4 Nincada LOT 29
* 3 Treecko LOT 20
* 3 Grovyle LOT 21
* 4 Ninjask LOT 30
* 3 Mew PR-SM 215
* 3 Unown LOT 91
* 2 Shedinja LOT 95
* 2 Lapras UNM 36

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 Lusamine CIN 96
* 4 Steven's Resolve CES 145
* 4 Professor Elm's Lecture LOT 188
* 2 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 4 Misty's Favor UNM 202
* 3 Brock's Grit TEU 135
* 4 Net Ball LOT 187
* 4 Pokémon Communication BLW 99
* 2 Faba LOT 173

##Energy - 5

* 5 Grass Energy SMEnergy 10

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Special thanks to anyone who actually sat and played out a game with me on ptcgo. Especially the bird trio player with faba, tate and liza, etc. :)

This deck aims to achieve unown hand via a long drawn out process of resource recovery. It can also take prizes in certain situations (you accidentally bench lock yourself and your opponent refuses to take prizes).

Early stages, you just want to get a grovyle in play, and use it to get up a second. As soon as you find yourself a steven, get lapras. Lapras is stamp proofing, always make sure to have a misty in the discard.

Before more than a couple prizes are gone, you should hopefully be in a loop of:
  1. evolve into ninjask (attach the shedinja to it)
  2. use grovyle to bench a nincada
  3. brock, lusamine, or other supporter depending on which you need that turn.
  4. press done quick and let your opponent KO your ninjask
After a while, you should be approaching 35 cards, play unown hand down at the right time and win. The loop is infinite, so unless your opponent has lots of tricks, a few reset stamps won't kill you, just slow you down.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
This is an insane juicy deck. I think you might want another shedinja, just so you dont have to brocks as much. You could just cut an energy for it, just to loop better.

Another option, as you said you had a problem with bench lock, you could run giovanni's exile to get rid of bench sitters.

a spicy option against ninetales decks is a 1-1 lunatone solrock line. the lunatone shuts off fire type abilities, so you dont lose to the abilityzard. an issue is bench space, but it is doable, with 2 grovyle, lunatone, solrock and a nincada on your bench. when they kill the thing, put up nincada, search for ninjask, evolve it, attach shedinja, search for nincada, bench it, and loop
latest

A stadium might also be a good option, just to get rid of the labs. just a power plant would do the trick

I like the lapras idea, but are you really going to be taking prizes that much? i think just a playset of pokegear 3.0 would work just as well

Lady is ok, but it isn't really necessary.

so the changes i am thinking about is
-4 misty's favor
-2 lapras
-2 lady
-1 energy

+4 pokegear 3.0
+1 shedinja
+1 power plant
+1 lunatone
+1 solrock
+1 Giovanni's exile

something you can put in is Lt surge, as you will rarely be ahead in prizes, and it can help you do a cool combo with surge, exile (to discard a card from your full bench), play down hand, and tate and liza it to active.

Last edited:

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you like the deck!

Solrock and lunatone is a brilliant idea, it means no lapras but my only idea to get around ninetales was hoods and magearna, but you only have 4 and that already leaves out lapras, plus 2-2 sol and luna takes less space and is less susceptible to pricing.

I do want to put in more shedinja, and that should negate the need for Giovanni because a shedinja can be used to free a bench spot on the winning turn. My problem was I only had one because the other was faba'd, but prizing one is just as bad.

By the way, I just realized I don't know what faba is doing in here. My opponent can have all the energy and tools they want, and it basically doesn't matter, and I can't think of a troublesome stadium either. There's a couple slots freed up, unless I'm forgetting something.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't yet decided what to cut for sol and luna. I did take out a brock for a second tate because it can keep you from decking out in addition to getting out of paralysis/sleep.

By the way the lapras is actually more important for speeding up your win condition than stamp proofing, I realize now. It was a holdover from a ninjask beedrill deck that actually took prizes, so stamp proofing was more relevant. But in this deck you need 35 cards in hand, so misty every third turn is much better than misty every five turns or so.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
I took out explanations cuz I made so many changes to the list.

2 mew UNB
3 ninjask
3 shedinja
4 nincada
1 solrock
1 lunatone
2 mewtwo (unb)
1 ditto star card
2 jirachi
1 magcargo
2 grovyle
3 treecko
2 unown HAND
2 misty’s wrath
2 escape board
2 Steven’s resolve
1 Surge’s strategy
4 Pokémon Communication
4 net ball
2 lusamine
4 elm’s lecture
2 Pokégear 3.0
1 Giovanni’s Exile
1 power plant
1 Surge’s strategy
3 Brock’s Grit
1 Tate & Liza
1 super scoop up
1 Hau

2 grass energy

Lol this list probably sucks.
(This list is now edited)

Last edited:

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Mew also blocks dragonadel, which means prizing a one-of is auto loss against some mew boxes, and some blacephalons, and possible loss to pikarom (turn 1 zapdos, 2 custom catcher plays, a tag bolt, 2 labs).
Espurr is probably irrelevant, unless they do something wacky like set up a bench of espurr kos with deoxyon. The bad one in malamar would be if they play tinachomp to snipe nincadas.

3 grovyles is again needed for prizing (you need a nincada and Ninjask every turn forever, and spending items is counterproductive), but unown could go down to 2.

As for all the changes, it's actually fairly consistent, and I think throwing in shedinja control and other stall cards would make it less so.

Ninjask attaching shedinja to itself and sacrificing itself is simple but effective and hard to disrupt.

Solrock and lunatone will turn reshizard (and frankly chandelure since I play on ptcgo) from auto losses to probable wins, so I really want 2 of each. I think pikarom is tough unless I keep both faba and play 2 power plants, especially since they now play heavy judge. Fitting it all in is not going to happen most likely so it might just stay a tough matchup.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Two of each is hard but i understand the reasoning. I can cut mismagius for a second mew. Maybe a pokegear for a third grovyle. I might actually try to fit in a lapras.
I found the problem with this deck. It uses a ton of pokemon, it can be hard to set up, and sometimes needs very specific boards. I feel like since we already have escape board, we can use a jirachi or two.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, you’d win more games from decking out then unown HAND. With needing so many cards, how will you even have deck space to draw 35. Also, against pikajudge, youd just run out if time. This deck already has 34+ pokemon, and you’ll need a decent amount of those plus a ton of trainers and stuff to pull off the loop, why not just try decking your opponent out. Winning with unown HAND in a deck like this is so unrealistic. So what I’m trying to say is you wouldn’t want to use unown HAND.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Depends on the build I guess. I'm not sure for the way you've rebuilt it, but I don't actually need very many cards, and they are almost all recyclable (you have to minimize playing balls and comms, once you don't absolutely need them). I have a couple grovyle out, maybe a mew, maybe a lapras, a ninjask with shedinja attached and a nincada. The lapras makes every misty a zero loss play, and lusamine removes a card from the discard every time.

I'm currently winning too many games to people just conceding because they are bored, want to win or lose quicker, etc. But if they do play, it takes roughly 20 min on my timer and 15 on theirs on average before I end up winning. I don't know what the rules are for real life tournaments, because I don't live anywhere near an active league.

But if this is too long, another way to build the deck would be to build up a tsareena and attack every turn. You'd have long games against healing tag teams, but their healing isn't recoverable so you would eventually win.