• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pennywise (Blacephalon / Blacephalon GX / Victini Prism)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
PENNYWISE

1333-1.png

Pokémon (06):
  • 4 Blacephalon SM10 (beatdown)
  • 1 Blacephalon GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Victini Prism (beatdown)
Trainer (38):
  • 4 Green’s Search (search)
  • 4 Welder (accelerate)
  • 2 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Energy Retrieval (retrieval)
  • 4 Flame Crystal (retrieval)
  • 3 Wishful Baton (retain)
  • 3 Fiery Flint (search)
  • 3 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Nest Ball (search)
  • 3 Giant Oven (search)
  • 1 Heat Factory (draw)
Energy (16):
  • 1 Beast Energy
  • 15 Fire Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Blacephalon and bench another one. Use Welder to fuel Blacephalon and obtain some Basic Fire Energy with Giant Oven and Flame Crystal. Once more than ten Basic Fire Energy have been discarded use Victini Prism Star to recover them. Make sure to use Welder and Beast Ring to stream one hit knock outs.

SPOILER:

Giant Oven
Trainer - Stadium
Once during each player’s turn, that player may discard a card from their hand. If they do, that player searches their deck for up to 2 [R] energy cards, reveals them, and puts them into their hand. Then, that player shuffles their deck.

Last edited:
I'm excited for that blace too.
Fingers crossed it's not going to be expensive.
A stretcher would be good in there though.

Honestly, you might be overdoing it with 7 Energy Retrieval cards. Under no circumstance will you need to retrieve 18 Energy.
I recommend Brock’s Grit. It solves the low HP problem quite nicely (because you can get them back) and also gets your Energy back in a pinch. I’d do -2 Energy Retrieval for 2 of them.

Hi AngryBokoblin,

Thanks for the review. Sounds reasonable. Guess I can cut the Energy Retrieval down to two to include a Rescue Stretcher in case on of the Pokémon is prized.

Hi Lord Goomy,

Thanks for the review. I will cut the Energy Retrieval down to two and include one Rescue Stretcher. Not sold on Brock's Drid since it is a supporter and from experience the deck want to use all the other supporter cards such as Welder, Lillie, and Green's Search each turn over a retrieval supporter to refresh the own hand.

Back