Pennsylvania Regionals 2013

Blah

DBT
Info: https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/play-pokemon-tournaments/13-10-000011/

Who else is going? I should definitely be there unless plans change.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
I'll be going. I almost wasn't able to, because I auditioned for a play that took place on that weekend (which I didn't know until I was at the audition), but I didn't get the part. Never again will I be so happy as to not get a part in a play, lol.

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
I really really want to go but I don't think that I can get a ride. Which is understandable since I live 5 hours away.

EDIT: This would be my first tourney as a Master! And running a Tier 1(.5) deck!

Blah

DBT
Anyone have any clue what the PA meta looks like? It'll obviously change after other regionals results come in, I'm just curious if anything is getting hyped right now.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Blah said:
Anyone have any clue what the PA meta looks like? It'll obviously change after other regionals results come in, I'm just curious if anything is getting hyped right now.

No idea. All I know is the 12 people who go to my league, and barely any of them are worth metagaming for. We run mini-tournaments every week, and I think the past 3 weeks were won by 2 Plasma and a Vir/Gen/Drifblim, 2 of which were me.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Why does it seem like all the TCG Side Events overlap? Masters Top Cut is "Sunday Morning," the League Challenge is at 11am, and the Prerelease is at 1am. I'd like to go to all 3 of those (not that I'll make Top Cut), but it seems like I'll only be able to go to 1 of them. It's a shame really.

Blah

DBT
Gah, I wish this was earlier. The meta is going to go crazy considering this is the last regionals.

Anyway, I actually just noticed the League Challenge thing. That'll be nice for an extra tournament in case I whiff cut, but as Machamp said, the timing seems really weird. Would like to be able to attend all three events day two...

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
After all I don't think I will be going to Regionals this year. There's too many good football games on TV that week, and if I did somehow make cut, I would just drop out since cut is on Sunday, and the hotels in Philly are around $400 for 2 nights.

SynxS1N

Follow your heart...
MountainDrew said:
After all I don't think I will be going to Regionals this year. There's too many good football games on TV that week, and if I did somehow make cut, I would just drop out since cut is on Sunday, and the hotels in Philly are around $400 for 2 nights.

yeah this is my problem as well. i live in nyc, round trip train is 80, one night hotel is $150-200 (if i make cut), and entry with food puts me at at least another $75. It's just a lot to lose in one weekend.

Wrynku

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure what hotels you guys are looking at, I'm paying $65 per night to stay at a hotel ~16 minutes away from the convention center. Priceline negotiator! XD

SynxS1N

Follow your heart...
Wrynku said:
Not sure what hotels you guys are looking at, I'm paying $65 per night to stay at a hotel ~16 minutes away from the convention center. Priceline negotiator! XD

Can you link me? That would really change my plans for the better if I could get that price as well.

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
Wrynku said:

Seriously, we're paying like 85-120 a night. Could you link us to the site that you used or whatever, please?
Oh and yes, I'm most likely going.