• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard PCL-On Mega Ray/Garbodor

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
Pokemon (19)
3x M Rayquaza-EX (Colorless)
2x Rayquaza-EX (Dragon)
2x Rayquaza-EX (Colorless)
3x Garbodor
3x Trubbish
2x Shaymin-EX
2x Jolteon-EX
2x Hoopa-EX

Trainers (33)
4x Professor Sycamore
2x N
1x Lysandre
1x Wionna
1x Pokemon Fan Club

4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
4x Trainers' Mail
1x Special Charge
3x Rayquaza Spirit Link
4x Float Stone

4x Sky Field

Energy (7)
3x Lightning Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Last edited:
The list seems really interesting and I would be intrigued to see how well Rayquaza can keep filling the bench without abilities later in the game. That said, I think 2 float stone is a little low considering you don't run puzzles. Then again the float will probably stick unless Garbodor gets brought to the active with Lysandre. That said, I think it will be brought up and with a thick 3-3 Garbodor line I would probably opt for 3 float as well or maybe cut one Garbodor for the third float. Also, 4 Sycamore is probably more than necessary for Mega Ray and 2 Shaymin EX seems really low. I guess this does help account for the Garbodor shutting down abilities. Just seems odd to have 2 Hoopa EX but only 2 Shaymin EX. Also Max Elixir is really inconsistent with anything less than 9 energy; I would be surprised to see it pay off with only 3 basic energy.

Those are just my thoughts, interesting deck concept. Please post if you get to testing it as I would like to know how it performs.

At the moment I'm keeping the Shaymin line at 2, simply due to the fact that the main goal is to get Garbodor out quicker than drawing through, so I dedicate more space to trying to keep that constant, I'm just starting to test this out on TCGOne before I buy the cards, I'm going to use that as a way to fit in the Puzzle of Time's, thanks for the suggestions!

Hi Pinedog - I'm going to piggyback on your post here as this is the only list I can find ANYWHERE for a Mega Ray Garbodor variant. Here's the list I've been using this weekend:

##Pokémon - 16

* 4 Rayquaza-EX ROS 75
* 4 M Rayquaza-EX ROS 76
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71
* 2 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 107
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 3 Rayquaza Spirit Link ROS 87
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 N NVI 101
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 1 Random Receiver DEX 99

##Energy - 10

* 6 Psychic Energy Energy 5
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114

I've gone 18 - 9 with this list, 7-3 since I added another line of Rayquazas and swapped out Mega Turbos for Trainers Mail.

upload_2016-11-20_0-11-34.png

Just wondering if anybody else has tried this, or if you might have some suggestions. My biggest problem is that in 6 of my nine losses, I have had horrible starts where I can't get any draw support, sometimes for 3 or 4 turns. I added the Trainers Mail and even a Random Receiver (8 of my 10 trainers are draw support so that should help), and I'm up to 70%, but just was wondering if anyone else might have another idea to help make the deck more consistent.

Back