Playthrough ~* PaX's Pokémon Soulsilver Choose-My-Team Run! *~

Pineapple X

former local demigod
I kinda felt like playing Soulsilver again, so I figured, nah, why the heck not, I might do a choose-my-team run. :3

So - without further ado; let's get to the rules. The base of this challenge is that you guys tell me what Pokémon I should have in my team.

Team:
-Galileo the Magneton
-Corleone the Persian
-Death Star the Miltank
-Cassandra / Ra the Espeon
-Recker the Feraligatr
-Tempest the Lugia

Team Subs:
-Icarus / Melody the Togetic
-Frogger the Politoed
-Badass the Gengar (I seriously don't know if I want him / her in the team. I already caught it, and it's modest <3)

Mom wakes me up. She tells me that Prof. Elm next door has a little request for me, and that I should visit the lab.

As I open the door, I can almost feel the fresh breeze of New Bark Town. (mainly because my window was open.) A Marill runs straight at me, and I almost fall. I see Lyra in a distance, doing the most evil laugh ever.

I enter Prof. Elm's lab, and he welcomes me. Elm has got an email from an acquintance, telling him about some weird thing that was found during some research. The Professor asks me to pick my first Pokémon and travel to this guy's, Mr. Pokémon's, house. I open the machine with the Poké Balls, and pick one. I send the Pokémon out, and it's a Totodile. It turns out to be Brave, just like I wanted. I name the little badass Recker.

Recker The Brave...

Did I just see a guy staring through the laboratory's window?

I go outside the lab, feeling ready for a little adventure. First I gotta talk to Mom, though. She gives me my Pokégear from repair, and gives me advice on making a phone call. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm a dumbass.

My first steps on the next route are careful, but as I realize the tall grass is much farther, I start walking faster. Recker seems very excited, running around me and smiling. (if you would've seen it... <3)

I hear a little cry from the grass, and a Hoothoot jumps straight at me. Recker jumps in front of me, Scratching the Hoothoot down. I don't regret getting a Totodile at all. He's so awesome.

After a few battles and a crap ton of slow walking, I reach Cherrygrove. Some creepy old guy (who reminds me of Herbert from Family Guy) introduces me to Poké Marts, Pokémon Center and the sea, as I could see. He also gives me the Running Shoes, yay for that! I rest in the Center for a while and continue my journey towards the next route.

I stop by a little house up north. The guy inside wants to give me an Apricorn Case, and I don't have anything against that. After some more battling and walking, I eventually get to Mr. Pokémon's house.

I open the door, and this fat guy says hello. He recognizes me right away as PaX, the kid Elm gave a Pokémon to. Mr. Pokémon gives me an egg, which is the weird item he obtained during "research".

Some guy sitting in the back also says hi, and introduces himself. He tells that he is Prof. Oak, the creator of Pokédex and the star of the (in)famous radio show. I go into full fanboy state, and start talking like a maniac. "OMG PROF OAK IT'S SO AWESOME MEETING YOU I'M LIKE YOUR BIGGEST FAN EVER ZOMG AJDAIFHEGFS-"

"Umm... Awesome." says Oak. He tells me that I seem like a kid with potential and gives me a Pokédex. I'm feeling like it's a dream. I FEEL SO SPECIAL NOW

I leave Mr. Pokémon's house, and Prof. Elm calls me on the Pokégear.
”ERMAHGEERD PAX GET TO DA LAB CHIKORITA HAS BEEN STOLEN HALP” shouts Elm.
”…ok, sure”, I answer. I wonder what Elm mighta been smoking. (ok sorry that's from my Crystal Nuzlocke, I just think it's too funny to be left out ;-;.)

I travel back to Cherrygrove. I buy a couple of items in the Mart, and continue to New Bark. Suddenly I see a red-haired guy running at me with huge speed. He bumps at me and we both fall down.

"Omg wtf dude? Nobody knocks down DNA, the master of all Pokémon!" the guy shouts.
"Wat."
"Let's have a battle! I'll show you I rule this region. And my choose-my-team-run is way better than yours."
"...ok?"

DNA sends out a Chikorita, saying he got it from the lab. So there actually had been a guy staring through the window? I send out Reck, and without any problems at all I Scratch DNA's Chikorita down.

"Haha, see, I'm better than you, DNA."
"...shut up." he says and runs away.

I walk back to the lab, and there's some cop waiting for me. He claims that I was the one who stole the Chikorita, because referring to him, "the guilty ones always come back to the crime scene". However, Lyra happens to stop by and tells the cop I'm innocent. Maybe she's not that evil after all.

After convincing the cop of my innocence and telling him about DNA, he runs off, saying he's got some work to do, I enter the lab. Elm still seems to be in a little bit of panic after the incident. I manage to calm him down and show the egg Mr. Pokémon gave me.

"Whoa, this looks great..." Elm says. "Wait... Is that what I think it is? Did you get a Pokédex?"
"Yeah, I met Prof. Oak, he gave me one."
"Wow! That is amazing, PaX!"

Elm tells me to take on the Pokémon Gym challenge, to become the champion of Johto. It will not be an easy trip, but I sure as heck accept a challenge like that!

I talk to mom about it, and she seems quite excited about it. She asks if she needs to save money for me. However I say no, because I know what kind of a crazy shopper my mom is. She wishes me luck on my quest.

I leave New Bark again, this time heading for a massive adventure. Recker is smiling and dancing again, and I scratch his head. He laughs. (I just can't get over how adorable Totodile is :3) The cool breeze of New Bark gives me a feeling I didn't know before. I feel excited but sad at the same time, leaving my hometown while starting a great journey to be the very best of all the trainers.

I walk through the route to Cherrygrove. I buy a couple of Potions, and continue my journey towards north, Violet City. I happen to find a couple of trainers who want to battle me! One of them is some creep Joey, who wants my Pokégear number. After some walking, I spot a cave. I look inside, and oh boy, is it dark in there. A Zubat flies straight at me, and I run away.

So ends my journey for today, seeing the beautiful glow of Violet City. I wonder what kind of adventures I have ahead of me.

Magneton - if you can, evolve it to Magnezone (trade to Sinnoh and back). As for a nickname, Galileo (since I've named all mine after the moons of Jupiter).

I'll think of more later.

DNA said:
Magneton - if you can, evolve it to Magnezone (trade to Sinnoh and back). As for a nickname, Galileo (since I've named all mine after the moons of Jupiter).

I'll think of more later.

Sounds good. :3 Quite possible indeed.

And yes, I was actually pretty sure you would come and suggest Magneton so I prepared myself with another DS and Pokémon Diamond so I could evolve it. xD

Reshiwott said:
PINEAPPLE
GET THE PINEAPPLE TREE POKEMON

Exeggutor, nicknamed Blubshrub

Actually, that sounds pretty good. ;D I'll add it to possibles. :3

STILL NOT GOING FOR FURRET LIKE YA TOLD ME TO LAST NIGHT XD

Remember guys, you can always suggest new nicknames for Pokémon. I'll pick the ones I like the most :3

Here's what I think:
Pyro the Flareon
Dave the Feraligatr (so yes, use your starter)
Death Star the Miltank (because come on, how many teams has that Miltank mercilessly destroyed?)

Thank for suggestions, guys. :3 One of my friend suggested that I should use a Persian named Corleone, (we have watched The Godfather together like 5 times xD) so I think I'll go for that.

Pyro the Flareon
Sounds good. Adding to possibles.

Dave the Feraligatr
Possible indeed.

Death Star the Miltank
Me liek. :3 You genius. Team for now.

Sparky the Magneton
Simple but pretty cool. Possible name.

Sucker the Weepinbell (however you say it)
Sure, possible.

Storm the Lucario
Sounds awesome, but you can't catch Riolu until post-game. :/ So no. I would though.

Gary the Gyrados (Shiny)
I used Gyarados in my playthrough of Pearl just a week or two ago, I think I won't use that one.

Wooo, suggestion time~

Skarmory named Sadako after the story of Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes: Skarmory is one of my favourite 2nd gen Pokémon and all over a cool dude. He gives you a flyer and some pretty cool moves, though he does double your steel typing, since you're also planning on using Magnezone. I guess for the name to make sense, you'd need a female (-ko suffix and all). For a male, maybe Xian He, crane of the immortals?

Espeon named Cassandra (after the oracle) for a female, or Ra (after the Egyptian sun-god) if male: Espeon is a strong special attacker with a nice move pool. It seems like he would bring some good balance to your team.

Octillery named Cthulhu for a male, Ursula for a female: Need a surfer? Why not Zoidberg Octillery! Just a cool Pokémon over all with an incredibly random moveset and a lot of fun, too.

Thanks y'all. :3 ...Artemis always makes the coolest suggestions <3

Skarmory named Sadako
Possible. I have that Magneton though, so... Hmm. We'll see :3

Espeon named Cassandra (after the oracle) for a female, or Ra (after the Egyptian sun-god) if male
Oh hell yes. To the team.

Octillery named Cthulhu for a male, Ursula for a female
Highly possible.

Shoop the Quagsire
Possible.

Frogger the Politoed/Poliwrath
Sounds good. I'd go for Politoed, since in HG I use Poliwrath.

Yeah, Magnezone is what makes the Skarmory less useful, though you can still play them very differently. Also, Skarmory is still the coolest flyer in Johto. >_>

Aight guys, there's only one spot left on the team! (unless I decide to go for an A-team and a B-team.)

Should I go for Lugia? Btw, if you have posted 3 suggestions already, you can give three new ones. I think I should pick the last member from a lot of Pokémon. xD

How about a Gengar? That guy wrecks so much face. As for a name? Badass.

Reshiwott said:
Dr.Stevens the Paras/ect, please.

I used Parasect in my LeafGreen playthrough just a little while ago. It might feel a little boring. Not that Parasect wouldn't be awesome. :3

(HAUNTED. SEE. IT'S A CLICKER. XD.)

Fine, 3 new suggestions:

Starecon the hoothoot
Asslicker the Mareep
Facepalm the Beedrill

That's it, I give up

Back