XY Passing Down the Type of Pokéball in Breeding

Reggie McGigas

-
OK, I'm not sure if when I am breeding what parent passes down the ball. If I want a premier ball Charmander should the mother or father be caught in a premier ball?

RE: Pokemon Question

A hatched pokemon will always be contained in a normal pokeball, unfortuneately.

RE: Pokemon Question

Reggie McGigas said:
OK, I'm not sure if when I am breeding what parent passes down the ball. If I want a premier ball Charmander should the mother or father be caught in a premier ball?

Mother needs to be, that's the only way a Ball is passed down. So, you'll need to do probably do some chain breeding.

Just a note to say that I have changed the thread title to make it clearer.

Only females...

which sucks ):

Can't breed TimerBall Magemites etc because they are genderless....

I have never heard of passing down Pokeball types. Are you sure this is true? last I knew Pokeballs were the only type of ball when breeding. When was that changed? I have seen that a lot on the GTS in the past and thought those Pokemon were always hacked. When was that changed?:)

It was changed this generation so that now you can pass down the type of pokeball of the mother.

I've been breeding for a year now while making sure the balls are fitting to the Pokemon in some way. It's a pain, especially when you're trying to breed something with low female ratio...it's definitely one of those things that aren't worth the time/effort, but I just have to do it D:

so yeah of course it's true xD

It's a huge benefit if you're breeding Pokemon that evolve via friendship. Catch the female in a Luxury Ball.

Back