Discussion Partners for GolisopodGX

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
I am trying to think of who is a good partner for GolisopodGX in a deck. The most recent article about counter energy uses kind of fueled it, but what is everyones take on a good partner for it?? I have a single Zoroark GX, so I cannot make a consistent build with those 2.

Thoughts on ninja boy with say, sudowoodo from BREAKpoint, Coballion, and a Magearna with the tool ability?

I live in Japan, where all of XY is fair game as well, so any ideas are welcome!

Baby Zoroark since you can use Stand in. There are multiple ways to get the Zoroark out of the front line (this is what most people do). I have considered using a baby Lurantis SUM or 2 to give him more damage since his first impression is 120. 150 with Choice Band. 170 with choice band and Lurantis. This can help against basic Gx Decks since they tend to beat Stage 1 Gx decks. I have also seen Garbodor to help in the late game. All in all I recommend. Zoroark, Lurantis, Choice Band and Float Stone even with the older stuff being an option. This deck doesn't need a lot of energy and you can get away with only 8-11 energy instead of the average 12-13 that most decks use.

Hmmm that is a good point. What sort of bad match ups would that build have? And if so what are ways to counter them?

Golisopod struggles against fire type match ups. Volcanion-Ex. Ho-Oh Gx. even Entei GX or Salazzle-Gx all these match ups are why it makes top 3 these other decks dont compare. Since Golisopod is stage 1 you beat stage 2 decks Metagross, Gardivoir and Greninja Break. The only thing I can think of are running a double Alolan Ninetales line one gx one non gx with luminous barrier both using vulpix with beacon. This is what i have splashed in my Metagross Gx deck. but then you start to add a lot of Pokemon. since you rely on Zoroark. You could try this. WARNING I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS.

Pokemon (16) (this is a little high but with less energy needed you may be okay)
x3 Golispod GX
x3 wimpod
x2 Zoroark BKT
x2 Zorua
x2 Alolan Vulpix GRI
x1 Alolan Ninetales Gx
x1 Alolan Ninetales BUS
x2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (33)
x4 N
x4 Professor Sycamore
x2 Shauna
x2 Brigette
x4 Evosoda(lots of stage ones)
x3 Choice Band
x2 Float Stone
x3 Guzma
x1 Skyla
x2 Energy Lotto (can get you dce)
x2 Field Blower
x2 Max Potion
x2 Super Rod

Energy (11)
x2 DCE
x7 Grass Energy
x2 Water Energy

Tha ks for the deck list, I'll take these thoughts into consideration!

I noticed you didnt have any Ultra balls, is the plan to just draw into lele 1 turn and use wonder touch the next?
Also, since I have access to it, should I think about adding in an Eco arm, to recycle the tools?

Back