Help Parental Bond?

Gamerdynasty4ever

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so I know that Parental Bond allows Mega Khangaskhan to attack twice but does it work for all moves? When my Mega Khangaskhan uses drain punch, it attacks twice. But when it uses rock slide, it only works twice sometimes. When it uses Earthquake, it only attacks once. Can someone please help me?

There's actually a really good explanation for this, don't worry!

So, when you use an attack which targets two or more different Pokemon Parental Bond won't trigger. So in a double battle, if you use Rock Slide and your opponent has 2 Pokemon out on the field, it will only hit once, but if your opponent only has 1 Pokemon out, it will hit twice. You've likely never seen Earthquake hit twice because it always targets your partner Pokemon too. :p

There's actually a really good explanation for this, don't worry!

So, when you use an attack which targets two or more different Pokemon Parental Bond won't trigger. So in a double battle, if you use Rock Slide and your opponent has 2 Pokemon out on the field, it will only hit once, but if your opponent only has 1 Pokemon out, it will hit twice. You've likely never seen Earthquake hit twice because it always targets your partner Pokemon too. :p
Thank you so much! That makes more sense for me now!

fun fact: if an effect takes place immediately after a move hits, the effect will happen after each hit with Parental Bond. This is most commonly seen with Power Up Punch and to a lesser extent with Rock Slide's flinch change and Dizzy Punch's confusion chance, but it even extends to spalch damage from a single target move. The most notably broken application of this is Flame Burst, which (if you somehow get Parental Bond swapped onto something like Charizard) will let the splash hit twice for a total of 1/8th of the pokemon's max HP in damage (not including rounding on each hit) on adjacent enemy pokemon - even through Protect (plus Detect, etc.), behind a substitute, and even bypasses fire immunities like Flash Fire since the splash damage is technically typeless, similar to weather damage.

Though not very likely, it's even possible for moves like Ancient Power to boost all stats by 2 levels if the 10% chance activates on both hits (1 in 100 chance of happening)

Back