• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Palkia/Abomasnow

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Recently I've been trying to find ways to promote the new Palkia GX, and I wanted to experiment a bit with Abomasnow. Here are the translations if you don't know what I'm talking about:
Abomasnow – Water – HP130
Stage 1 – Evolves from Snover

Ability: Blessing of the Frost-Covered Trees
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon during your turn, you may attach a [W] Energy from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokemon.

[W][C][C][C] Hypno Hammer: 80 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Palkia-GX – Dragon – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[W] Spatial Control: Move any number of Energy cards from your Benched Pokemon to this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Hydro Pressure: 60+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

[W][W][W][C][C] Zero Vanish GX: 150 damage. Your opponent shuffles all Energy attached to their Pokemon into their deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When 1 of your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Dairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

So obviously this is going to be a setup deck for Hydro Pressure. Here's a list I settled on and you guys can tell me to make any changes

Pokemon: 16
3X Palkia GX
4X Snover
4X Abomasnow
2X Manaphy EX
3X Tapu Lele GX

4X Professor Sycamore
4X N
3X Guzma
3X Acerola
1X Brigette
2X Field Blower
4X Ultra Ball
4X Aqua Patch
3X Deevolution Spray
2X Float Stone
2X Choice Band

11X Water Energy

Last edited:

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
That is actually a very interesting idea. I do have a few observations that might make it better.
  • You might want to add in a couple of devolution sprays for higher consistency.
  • If you wanted to go with the expanded route, you could do a 1-1-1 line or something of the ancient trait Porygon-Z from Ancient Origins.
  • Brooklet hill can be useful, but it can't grab your Palkias, which can be annoying. Nothing to worry too hard about because of Lele for Brigette and stuff, but that also might be something to consider.
  • Empoleon could also be fun. You'd probably have to cut some Obamasnows, but the devolution sprays could counterbalance that.
  • Wasn't Cyrus Prism Star a thing? I mean, it sucks with the Empoleon if you decide to add it, but that could also set back your opponent, much like Palkia's GX attack.
Just some things that I can se possibly adding to this, but definitely a really great skeleton at the absolutely bare minimum! Good luck with it!

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
That is actually a very interesting idea. I do have a few observations that might make it better.
  • You might want to add in a couple of devolution sprays for higher consistency.
  • If you wanted to go with the expanded route, you could do a 1-1-1 line or something of the ancient trait Porygon-Z from Ancient Origins.
  • Brooklet hill can be useful, but it can't grab your Palkias, which can be annoying. Nothing to worry too hard about because of Lele for Brigette and stuff, but that also might be something to consider.
  • Empoleon could also be fun. You'd probably have to cut some Obamasnows, but the devolution sprays could counterbalance that.
  • Wasn't Cyrus Prism Star a thing? I mean, it sucks with the Empoleon if you decide to add it, but that could also set back your opponent, much like Palkia's GX attack.
Just some things that I can se possibly adding to this, but definitely a really great skeleton at the absolutely bare minimum! Good luck with it!
I knew I was missing something! Thanks for reminding me about the Deevolution Spray, I'll see if I can fit that in. And I think I'll just abandon the idea of Brooklet Hill since my opponent can use it too.