• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Pack Wars

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Does anybody else play this? Every time me or one of my friends wins packs in a tournament, we play until we run out of packs. If you saw six people sitting in a huge circle on the floor in the hallway after top 32 ended at Nationals, that was us playing pack wars lol.

For those who have never heard of this, the rules are fairly simple.

Changed Game Rules: All Pokémon are treated as Basics. All attack costs are free. All Pokémon may retreat for free. You do not lose when you deck out or run out of Pokémon in play. If you have no Pokémon in play but have one in your hand, you must play it. You do not set aside Prize cards.

Everything else is the same. You draw a card when you start your turn. You may use Abilities, attach Energies, and play Trainers before attacking. Attacking ends your turn.

1) Each player is dealt one pack. They open it and shuffle it without looking at the cards.

2) Each player draws one card. If that card is a Pokémon, they play it down. If any player doesn't have a Pokémon, that player goes first.

3) You use a dice to keep track of your KOs. When you KO one of your opponents' Pokémon, add 1 to the dice's number.

4) The first player to KO 6 Pokémon wins.

It's definitely not the most skill-based format, but it makes opening packs more fun and every game is different every time you play it since you're using a different assortment of cards every time. Plus, certain cards have different in this format. For example, have you ever thought about how much damage Attack Command would do in a game with 8 people?

I do play it with my firends, but it is a totally different version that I find to be more interesting (but playing with the new packs is always fun).

Each player has a stack of cards (Selected, not packs) and you keep playing until all your pokemon are knocked out. There are also cards with added expects (ex: Max Potion)

I play this with my sister a lot, but we don't treat all Pokemon as basics, make it so your active Pokemon take 10 damage if you retreat, and provided we have a decent amount of packs, do use prize cards.

i play this w/ my buddies. we go to walmart then buy 2 packs and start playing.
rules:
1]first one to KO all the others pokemon wins
2]you can only draw a card at the beginning of your turn
3] you can only play 1 supporter each game
energy is provided. I like this game, it makes it more fun to open packs!.
:D:D:D:D

Back