• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Overlord (Falinks/Falinks-V)

legolover322

Aspiring Trainer
Hello people of PokeBeach! I've been tweaking this deck for a little while now, and it's been pretty fun! In case you are not aware, the goal of this deck is to use Falinks's attack to dish out ~150 damage for 1 Twin Energy while also gradually powering up a Falinks-V or two for bigger OHKOs. It's currently a work in progress over here, but things seem to be going... slower than expected.

##Pokémon - 9

* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 4 Falinks RCL 109
* 4 Falinks V RCL 110

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 4 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Karate Belt UNM 201
* 2 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 1 Erika's Hospitality TEU 140
* 2 Pokémon Catcher EPO 95
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Switch EVO 88
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 2 Counter Gain LOT 170
* 2 Sonia RCL 167
* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 3 Martial Arts Dojo UNB 179
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 4 Acro Bike CES 123
* 1 Tool Scrapper DRX 116

##Energy - 13

* 3 Capture Energy RCL 171
* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 6 Fighting Energy SWSHEnergy 6

Total Cards - 60

My main issue is that, at any point in the game, the deck just feels weak. TAG TEAM-centric decks just run it over with absurd damage, health pools, and in some instances, healing and(!!!)/or energy acceleration. Falinks, as it stands, just feels so flimsy; even with an effective 150 health on a 1-prize attacker (assuming three Falinks-V in play), it just doesn't matter when ADPZ/MewBox have an infinite amount of ways to completely flatten you and power up eighteen other attackers in the process. The deck also tends to run out of steam really fast; whiffing a Twin Energy can oftentimes lead to disastrous results, and I feel that cards like Karate Belt and Counter Gain are just too inconsistent to be used effectively. Finally, I feel like the deck could really use some additional draw/search, but the problem is that a good chunk of these cards will clog up your bench and weaken Falinks's damage. I've really wanted this deck to be great, but I feel that any time I see a shiny-GX with that stupid yellow border, the game is already lost. Perhaps I'm just a little salty at the time of writing this, but this deck loses to 95% of the ever-popular TAG TEAM decks so hard, it's not even funny.

Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

(P.S.: If you've got the resources, it'd be better to swap the Pokemon Catchers with Boss's Orders. Technically, it's an upgrade, but with the current price of the card sitting at a whopping $15 each, I'm gonna wait a little bit before I commit)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
I think that in this particular format, Boss' Orders is a must have, hence the hefty price tag. It's definitely better than Pokemon Catcher, since it takes a supporter slot for a guarantee instead of a coin flip on an item. Looking at averages, you're getting one gust per two deck slots with Pokemon Catcher, which is just an inefficient use of your time. You could try running more supporters like Koga's Trap or a Roxie/Weezing engine, or other cards like Vitality Band or Crushing Hammer to try and match TAG TEAM decks with yours in terms of speed; if you can't speed yourself up, slow the other person down.

Sadly, however, until we get the broken special fighting energy in an upcoming set or a falinks that has a damage buffing/energy reducing ability, I don't imagine this deck will be as strong as it could be. Fighting as a type severely lacks the utilities that the most effective types in the metagame (Steel, Psychic, Fire, Lightning) have that allow them to steamroll, likely due to Fighting being a much stronger type in Expanded, and TPCi not wanting to make it too broken, specifically in regards to any card with Buzzwole in its name. It's my personal justification for why there has not been a single good Fighting Type attacker, nay pokemon, since FBL.

Sword.N

Aspiring Trainer
You don't need Diancie Prism Star here. If you have a Falinks card instead of that on your beach, your active Falinks can do 10 more damage.There's too much Fighting energy.If you need two turns to fuel up a single Falinks, you just lose to every deck in the format.
I'll include Rosa and Guzma&Hala in the deck. After your active Falink got knocked out, you can use Rosa to fetch Falinks+Fighting Energy+Karate Belt. Guzma&Hala can get access to Twin/Capture Energy+Dojo+Tool as well. For other tool choice, Lucky Egg is always good for single-prize attackers.
You already get enough Draw Power in your deck.For some additional search, I'll recommend replacing Sonia with Great Ball, but not sure if it can work well with only 7 or less Pokemons in your deck.
So I'll make the below adjustments on the deck:
-1 Diancie
-1 Erika
-1 Cynthia/Marnie
-2 Counter Gain
-3 Fighting Energy
-2 Sonia
-1 Dojo
+3 Rosa
+1 Guzma&Hala
+3 Lucky Egg
+4 Great Ball