• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Outrage (Zekrom, Reshiram, Regigigas)

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
Outrage

Pokémon: 12
4x Reshiram (2xBW 113/114, ND 21/99 Reverse Foil, BW 23 promo)
4x Zekrom (2xBW 114/114, BW 47/114 Reverse Foil, BW 24 promo)
4x Regigigas EX (2xND 99/99, 2xND 82/99)

Trainers: 26
4x Energy Retrieval
2x Full Heal
3x Potion
2x Switch
4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Interviewer's Questions
2x Cheren
3x Cilan
2x Pokemon Center

Energy: 22
4x Double Colorless Energy
7x Fire Energy
11x Lightning Energy

First of all, yes the deck appears to be slow, but that actually works to its advantage. Taking some damage in the first and second turn beefs up Outrage to be able to start OHKO-ing Pokémon later. Heals are in to prevent Pokémon from getting too close to KO.

Kyurem (#34 NV) will be added later with possibly Rainbow Energy, Prism Energy, and Blend W/L/F/M when it comes out.

Any thoughts on how to make it more efficient or faster? I'd like the deck to remain focused on Outrage (or attacks like Regigigas' "Raging Hammer" attack).

Thanks guys!

Oh. Thank for posting the decklist! I think landorus or donphan would be a great combo because all of these attackers can benefit from self damage. An energy accelerator would also be nice (try electrode). I can suggest some things if you want to add donphan or landorus or any other Pokemon to inflict damage on your bench. This deck would have a pretty good matchup against MTC since reshirams can OHKO celebi, zekrom can OHKO the tornadus, and if you add mewtwo, it can counter the mewtwo. So would you like to add donphan/or landorus?

Jirachi said:
Oh. Thank for posting the decklist! I think landorus or donphan would be a great combo because all of these attackers can benefit from self damage. An energy accelerator would also be nice (try electrode). I can suggest some things if you want to add donphan or landorus or any other Pokemon to inflict damage on your bench. This deck would have a pretty good matchup against MTC since reshirams can OHKO celebi, zekrom can OHKO the tornadus, and if you add mewtwo, it can counter the mewtwo. So would you like to add donphan/or landorus?

Hmm, not sure. They are {F}-type and I'm not sure they'd fit without running Rainbow and Prism right now (which would be in here once Kyurem is added), but yes they synergize well with Outrage-style attacks. Hmm, I'll think about it.

Well you wouldn't really need much but a couple of prisms, fighting energy, and DCE since reshiram and zekrom outrage for a DCE and regigigas for two DCE.

if u want a deck thats about dmging yourself for outrage type moves, then just run donphan dragons-with mewtwo tech. (its the best deck for outraging due to donphans attack)
in this format you cant rlly wait for them to do a direct attack to you(most things will OHKO you).
i also wouldnt run things like full heal in a deck with no energy acceleration and pokemon that need alot of energy to attack.(just isnt worth it if u have to discard your energy) also potion isnt game breaking enough let it take up space in a deck id take it out for consistency.
I also wouldnt run Regigigas, hes just not made to be ran competitively. (bad weakness and doesnt hit anything for weakness in the meta)
also change up your supporters, replace ALL your supporters for draw supporters(oak, juniper, sages), also tone down your energy count and remove energy retrievals(they just arnt needed in a deck like this).
also add either dual balls or pokemon collectors.

look around for a donphan-dragons deck list if you want an outrage style deck. if u want a six corners type deck(with electrode) i can give you a deck list for that.

- 2 Regigigas EX (While they are good, It takes a long time to set up)
- 4 Electric energy (Why do you need more electric than fire
+ 2 Kyurem (Type coverage)
+ 4 Rainbow energy (Helps provide energy, and puts damage on the board.

This Deck:
-3 Regigigas EX
-4 Lightning Energy
-2 Full Heal
-3 Potion
-1 Cilan

+2 Mewtwo EX
+1 Kyurem
+4 Prisim/Rainbow Energy
+4 Junk Arm
+2 Super Scoop Up

Hey, oshawott's back! Anyway, I played a deck like this on PTCGO, and it was pretty scary. Unfortunately, players seem to have a "Mewtwo arrogance" where they think they are the only one's who have one, and I was able to win the game that way. He ran Landurus, and I kinda like it more than Donphan because it A. is a Basic B. has energy acceleration and C. damages your opponent's Bench. I definately think 4 of each is a little too much, but then again, you don't run any other Pokemon. If you add in the Kyurem, I wouldn't run any more than 3 of anything. It would probably be 2-2-2 for the dragons, changing it depending on your meta, of course. On top of that, I'd take out 2 IQ, and some energy. You have 22 energy 4 IQ, 2 Cilan, and 4 energy retrieval. I don't think you'll have any problem with energy.

Why is everyone saying that I'm back? The ban was for, like 3 days, it isn't a big deal. I am back, however, and i'm here bringing new powers to the Deck garage!

Full Heal? Are special condition decks common in your area? if not then remove Full Heal.

This reminds me of a 6 Corners - A deck that was fairly common during the HGSS-NV format taking advantage of multiple type of pokemon in the deck to hit for weakness. Have you (or your wife) considered Exp.Share or Eviolite? This deck is neither ReshiPlosion or Zekeel so you're going to be stuck using Outrage most of the time, though Bolt Srike will be easier to use than Blue Flare due to the fact that the latter discards energy which you will not to able to instantly get back. Exp.Share along side Shaymin UL helps keep energy board, which was one of the problems with 6. Eviolite gives the pokemon better durability. 22 Energy is alot to be running. You'd need no more than 13/14 energy as what good is drawing energy when you'd rather be drawing into Items or Supporters. if anything Rainbow Energy would be welcome addition as this decks thrives on damage counters

4 Prism
4 DCE
4 Rainbow Energy
1 {L}
1 {R}

This would of course render Cilan and Energy Retrieval useless which is ok as Cilan was a dead card in this deck when you'd prefer DCE over the basic energy and Energy Retrieval wouldn't be as helpful with only 2 basic energy in the deck, but that's only if you use my energy layout. This deck needs some alot of draw power. You'd rather want the card in your hand rather than in your deck so the more draw options available, the better chance you have of getting that card. Also Exp.Share wouldn't be as good as is only works for basic energy cards.

-1 Reshiram
-1 Gigas EX
-2 Full Heal
-2 Energy Retrieval
-2 Interview's Question
-9 {L} Energy
-3 {R}
(-20)

+3 N (draw power and disruption)
+3 Professor Oak's New Theory
+4 Rainbow Energy
+3 Prism Energy
+4 Dual Ball / Pokemon Collector (to be able to search out the basics)
+1 Shaymin UL (Energy movement)
+2 Super Scoop Up (reuse Shaymin and save pokemon from being KO'd)

If you do chose to use my Energy line-up then you can remove all the energy retrieval and Cilan to make space for an extra Super Scoop Up some Junk Arm and possibly even Rocky Helmet over Eviolite just to put more pressure on the opponent.

IF you are doing donphan dragons try these suggestions
-4 energy retrieval (just not needed in donphan dragons really)
-2 full heal (not good)
-3 potion(not good for healing)
-4 IQ (getting out energies won't be a problem but if you have problems with it you could leave one in)
-2 cheren (not the best supporter since it only draws three)
-3 cilan (getting out energies won't be a problem)
-0-2 pokemon center (if you are going to run donphan dragons)
-2 reshiram (2 would be enough)
-2 zekrom (2 would be enough)
-2-3 regigigas (1-2 may be enough)
-8 lightning energy ( left for if you ever need it)
-5 fire energy (probably not a great idea to attack with reshiram blue flare)

Spaces to use:around 36
+4 N (good hand refreshment and disruption)
+4 juniper (good draw supporter)
+4 PONT (good hand refresher)
+3-3 donphan (damaging your bench. Or landorus could do well here too)
+1 super rod (recycling)
+6 fighting energy (self explanatory)
+4 collector/dual ball (your preference to get out basics)
+3 heavy ball (for donphan)
+4 junk arm (to get back needed trainers)
+1 mewtwo (if you have it. So you can counter)

Isorry if my suggestions were kinda sloppy but I hope I helped. I would like to have more than one mewtwo but I saw that you didn't like it much so...

Yeah, I noticed you were gone shortly after that warning spree. Or maybe I just joined during a hiatus, or right after they reached their quota, or something.

Back to the deck, though, why are the Full Heals in here? They heal just status effects. Did you perhaps mean Max Potion? And I'm not sure about Potions; you may be better off just using the Pokemon Centers. And I might add in some Catchers for if you don't have enough damage counters to Outrage something to death.

Well, you don't really want to attack with its second attack, but it's first. That's why it's called an outrage deck. The fire energies are really only if you have to attack with blue flare and is useful anyways as an energy for the two colorless energies it requires to outrage. If you want to attack with 120, zekrom would be the better choice because it doesn't discard and is also good for Durant matchups.

i think experience share would work extremely well in this deck.
definitely 4 of them due to high energy cost on regigigas and only 2 energy needed for dragons outrage.
so you can take 1 energy from exp share and 1 for the turn and be attacking with no altercations.

Please explain. ~Glaceon

Back