Onix-GX, Starmie-GX and More Revealed from 2 New 'Trainer Battle Decks'!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Eevee GX would like a word with you.

Is that a product we're getting? I thought it was similar to the Pikachu LV.X card. Now that I think about it, there is a Pikachu-EX so I was wrong but Pikachu is a mascot so its expected but with onix, its just not expected but Im glad it happened.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
We are supposed to be getting Eevee GX in the Vaporeon/Flareon and Jolteon GX boxes coming out next month as indicated by the released photos of the product.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
We've started seeing things like it - e.g. Garchomp in Ultra Prism does more damage if you play Cynthia that turn, Celestial Storm's Metagross and Steven – where it is, as you said, more YGO-esque than what we're used to in the PTCG.
As a YGO player also, seeing thise things do please me

Kalnhobbs

Aspiring Trainer
I know Mahone will be kid on Christmas morning with the Misty collection, haha.

I was actually hoping for a Brock's Grit reprint... using a supporter to energy accelerate has not proven to see play yet. Now if it had been to ANY fighting pokemon...

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
I would hope they would actually release this in the rest of the world as a set. We'll most likely get this split up into another two hundred plus card set.

That said loving the new art for the trainer characters

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Wow, that Golem line is the most mundane thing ever. Not only do ALL OF THEM use Ken Sugimori art, but the attacks aren’t anything special on top of that.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
"(Also, I love the bike reference to anime Misty.)"

And Pokémon Center Lady seems to be a reference to anime Brock!

Did that card get reprinted just for that...lol.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
So Onix and Starmie could be possibly thrown in Unbroken Bonds because the rest of them are plain reprints except newer ones.

bateloche

Aspiring Trainer
Looking at the images, both Pokemon Center Lady and Misty's Determination are proper reprints blonging to the regulation mark 'C'.

Not that it matters too much to us since we'll have Team Up with cards from both regulation marks 'B' and 'C' which points to the fact we won't be following those outside of Japan

Nyora

A Cat
Expanded Onix-GX looks really cool. 200 HP taking 40 less from attacks, fighting fury for extra bulk, strong enrrgy + diancie for ok damage output and paralysis chance, hits zoroarm for weakness, and can take 0 danage from quaking punch. Biggest letdown is it's grass weakness.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Props to PTCGI for putting Pokemon Center Lady in Brocks deck and acro bike in Misty's deck. Too bad we don't get an Officer Jenny card though!