Onix-GX, Starmie-GX and More Revealed from 2 New 'Trainer Battle Decks'!

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
as a Collector for 20 years now im hopeing everything we see here gets English print and those coins will be sold for big monies on ebay i bet

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Will there be one of these for all Gym leaders? Alakazam-GX PLEASE???
Oh wait, Kadabra...
I'd settle to get a Alakazam EX with Sabrina Support. They are keeping EX being mentioned in rules on cards and with that Kadabra hi-jinx it would be a good reason to bring it back. Or a Alakazam Prism.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
... those are oddly specific trainer cards. I like them though!

Clunky way of Trainer-specific support trying to emulate what would be, for example, "Attach an Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon with Brock's in its name," etc.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Clunky way of Trainer-specific support trying to emulate what would be, for example, "Attach an Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon with Brock's in its name," etc.
Yeah, but we’ve seen those before. These are more Yu-Gi-Oh-esc, ie. targeting a very specific card by name. That’s not something we have ever seen before in Pokémon. (To my knowledge)

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Who dosen't love waking with a Brock in the Misty morning?

...Could this mean a reprint of Misty's Tears hmmmmmm Yugi boy?

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
I'd settle to get a Alakazam EX with Sabrina Support. They are keeping EX being mentioned in rules on cards and with that Kadabra hi-jinx it would be a good reason to bring it back. Or a Alakazam Prism.
I just assumed so it would still be relevant in expanded

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Unfortunately probably none of these will get FAs. I steel (see what I did there) want a Steelix GX but I guess Onix is close enough.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Sure, I'd take that. I'd even take a Mr. Mime GX with Sabrina support as long as it's GOOD. The Alakazam-GX would be ideal, though.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Sure, I'd take that. I'd even take a Mr. Mime GX with Sabrina support as long as it's GOOD. The Alakazam-GX would be ideal, though.
\Alakazam has sadly for us (always last in priority) relied on appearing in oppertunistic card roles which obscure it away from it's species as a natural, whole line to seperate Pokémons bad relationship since its first time doing so as a subtle (not bad looking in itself) Gold ☆. It's likely to cameo as a Tag Team GX member (*spoons crossing its with Hypno). Although few appearences are positive its still unfourtnate as a situation needs to change.

Not to mention another fantasy I want fufilled is for Pokémon to start taking the Nido species seriously in terms of merch compared to other famous paired relation couple pokés such as Galladevoir and the Latiasoes (seeing their new heart shaped secret rare and that past couples loveydoveyart Pokémon Center Campaign made me think of it).

Tl; dr.PLEASE GIVE ME THAT GROUND NIDO TAG GX. D:

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
\Alakazam has sadly for us (always last in priority) relied on appearing in oppertunistic card roles which obscure it away from it's species as a natural, whole line to seperate Pokémons bad relationship since its first time doing so as a subtle (not bad looking in itself) Gold ☆. It's likely to cameo as a Tag Team GX member (*spoons crossing its with Hypno). Although few appearences are positive its still unfourtnate as a situation needs to change.

Not to mention another fantasy I want fufilled is for Pokémon to start taking the Nido species seriously in terms of merch compared to other famous paired relation couple pokés such as Galladevoir and the Latiasoes (seeing their new heart shaped secret rare and that past couples loveydoveyart Pokémon Center Campaign made me think of it).

With Giovanni support?

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer

I support this, the king and queen deserve a tag team gx.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
If this is going to be a thing with the Gym Leaders, then I look forward to a Pidgeot-GX... At least a Pidgey-GX. I do find it odd that Onix got the GX considering it can evolve. I think this is the first lower form card to get a release as an EX/GX. Either way, congrats to Onix and Starmie for the ultra rare. I believe its their first. I want to see more Pokemon get their first ultra.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
If this is going to be a thing with the Gym Leaders, then I look forward to a Pidgeot-GX... At least a Pidgey-GX. I do find it odd that Onix got the GX considering it can evolve. I think this is the first lower form card to get a release as an EX/GX. Either way, congrats to Onix and Starmie for the ultra rare. I believe its their first. I want to see more Pokemon get their first ultra.

Eevee GX would like a word with you.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, but we’ve seen those before. These are more Yu-Gi-Oh-esc, ie. targeting a very specific card by name. That’s not something we have ever seen before in Pokémon. (To my knowledge)
We've started seeing things like it - e.g. Garchomp in Ultra Prism does more damage if you play Cynthia that turn, Celestial Storm's Metagross and Steven – where it is, as you said, more YGO-esque than what we're used to in the PTCG.