One Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobnerd

~I see a little silhouetto of a man~
I bolded a part in the quote. Criteria for becoming a moderator...

Note that not all members who fall under that category of a "good member" can become a mod. It's just that their chances for becoming one will increase.

Bacon edit: Hmm... I suppose we could have a battle royale to make things more interesting...

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
Light Venusaur said:
I've sent people over from SPPF to here (Pearl's Perp to name one of them)....
Yes, I have been banned twice.....but I've beenvery good & even helping WPM over MSN when he needs it.
*Also I think that he's still mad at one of his mods*
LV, if you really want to be a mod, try to reduce the amount of clans you make, and please, PLEASE, check if your answer to a TCG question is right. I hate having to edit your post just because you're teaching people the wrong stuff. I know you probably want to act smart or boost your post-count or something, but you're doing the exact opposite. And you don't need post-count AT ALL.

I do have to admit you have bettered, but advertising yourself like that isn't really going to help. (This is for all of you who are saying great stuff about yourselves, don't be vain, if you're mod-material, we'll notice you without all that. Saying this stuff here just shows that becoming a mod if one of your goals, people who do everything to become a mod don't usually become one, people who behave, are friendly, stay active and help people (in a right way) might become one)

LV, I don't hate you, nor am I trying to insult or bash you, I just feel like you need to know this.

/rant

pungtuckweng

Aspiring Trainer
cute-mew :F said:
Light Venusaur said:
I've sent people over from SPPF to here (Pearl's Perp to name one of them)....
Yes, I have been banned twice.....but I've beenvery good & even helping WPM over MSN when he needs it.
*Also I think that he's still mad at one of his mods*
LV, if you really want to be a mod, try to reduce the amount of clans you make, and please, PLEASE, check if your answer to a TCG question is right. I hate having to edit your post just because you're teaching people the wrong stuff. I know you probably want to act smart or boost your post-count or something, but you're doing the exact opposite. And you don't need post-count AT ALL.

I do have to admit you have bettered, but advertising yourself like that isn't really going to help. (This is for all of you who are saying great stuff about yourselves, don't be vain, if you're mod-material, we'll notice you without all that. Saying this stuff here just shows that becoming a mod if one of your goals, people who do everything to become a mod don't usually become one, people who behave, are friendly, stay active and help people (in a right way) might become one)

LV, I don't hate you, nor am I trying to insult or bash you, I just feel like you need to know this.

/rant

QFT. IDK why LV spams ever so often, with "Here is a link to Serebii" kind of answers. 1 liners and incorrect answers as far as I can see. Not meaning to be rude, but like what c-m said, so what if you think that you should be a mod? Keep your "I wanna be a m0dz" posts to yourself, I don't see why anyone should ever praise him/herslef just to be a mod.*

*Not only directed to LV, but to all Narcissus.

Abhorsen

Offically retired
To sum this thread up:
About half of the people who have posted in this thread have mod-ship as one of their goals on Pokebeach. It really is so extremely easy to see through people's post content and see what they "really" try to say subliminally about this topic. Sucking up to mods or WPM wont get you anywhere.

Time spent as a member, timezones or how contributing you are to specific sections of the forum really means nothing. WPM has stated the qualities he's looking for yet people still continue to speculate about the wrong attributions... It's actually really quite hilarious.

Blastoise king

Aspiring Trainer
Abhorsen said:
To sum this thread up:
About half of the people who have posted in this thread have mod-ship as one of their goals on Pokebeach. It really is so extremely easy to see through people's post content and see what they "really" try to say subliminally about this topic. Sucking up to mods or WPM wont get you anywhere.

Time spent as a member, timezones or how contributing you are to specific sections of the forum really means nothing. WPM has stated the qualities he's looking for yet people still continue to speculate about the wrong attributions... It's actually really quite hilarious.

Is the other half the people that are already mod because more then that who posted want to be mod if you take the alreadys out then you get the member and everyone here including myself want to be mod even if we(myself)know we don't have a shot

Mewstor

Pokémon Professor
From on outside perspective I have to say this is a really good sign that this forum is really starting to notice some of it's problems and WPM is going to do something about it.

More mods (good ones!)= A better forum.

If ever possible, a zero tolerance for SPAM is always recommended. Something not easy to achieve in a large forum, but something worth to pursue for.

I just tend to read this forum from time to time and sometimes trade through wi-fi, but from experience I can tell that more active mods would be a really good thing.

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
D&P, why has your post been doublified? o_O

Anyway, 0 SPAM = Great and non-annoying. We need to buy some anti-pesticide.

Me and everyone else wants these forums to be a good place so Pokébeach will need a mod that can handle things very well.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I edited my post, SN, I totally agree with you. We need a MOD tht can handle the troubles on this forum with spammers and flammers

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
Exactly. Tough as nails with zero tolerance for rule breaking. A bit like A_A or Abhorsen. I cant remember which one SNN said was like that. Probably both :]

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Yeah, the new Mod needs to be like a drill sergant, take no prisoners, and crush the spammers and flammers and show no mercy to rulebreakers. That will make this forum a lot cleaner, friendlier and the forum will run smoother

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
Being strict will put the hook in newbies that want to spam that we dont tolerate rule breaking. Maybe being strict may repel future members from actually registering though. The new mod will have to be strict and polite at the same time (it is possible, look at the mods here).

Blastoise king

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think there should be a a zero tolerance for SPAM that harsh sometime when people join they might not understand the topic or they ask a question that is like spam because it there first time on a forum there should be one if it keep happing but not for everything.

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
Well we can tell them the first time they come if they do it is to politely ask them to read the forum rules. Then if they continue and continue to do it, then there can be less tolerance. I usually have good patience.

Blastoise king

Aspiring Trainer
Sam von Noobenschtein said:
Well we can tell them the first time they come if they do it is to politely ask them to read the forum rules. Then if they continue and continue to do it, then there can be less tolerance. I usually have good patience.
Ok I got that but using the pm system because mostly what your get is a post saying where is that or who are you to tell me that which is causeing more spam from both plus that would mean you were min modding which aslo is a problem here but not as much as before they made it a rule.

c-m: Please stop typing in the hardly-readable color. And, just as a reminder, please start using proper punctuation, spelling and grammar, there shall be no more tolerance towards this matter

Ill Manors

Aspiring Trainer
Im talking about the mod doing this -_- Its not mini-modding if they are a mod.

I guess the PM system is effective.

Blastoise king

Aspiring Trainer
Sam von Noobenschtein said:
Im talking about the mod doing this -_- Its not mini-modding if they are a mod.

I guess the PM system is effective.
Ok if your a mo you could lock the thread to to prevent the person from posting back :p but really most of the people when they are told to read the rule they don't I did but manly because I was bored that aslo the reason I join beside wanting to know more about the card and getting help in the game.

c-m: Please stop typing in the hardly-readable color. And, just as a reminder, please start using proper punctuation, spelling and grammar, there shall be no more tolerance towards this matter

Status
Not open for further replies.