One Of The Best Uber Teams I've Created

King Of Hax

As the title states, this is probably one of the best, if not the best uber team I've made. It's been doing great, only losing due to hax and sometimes just plain getting outplayed. I'll be using that great format displayed in RMT's these days.

The goal of this team is to set up Mew to pass a Rock Polish to either Mix Dialga or Bulk Up Palkia, who devastate teams with speed passed to them.

deoxyse.png

Deoxys-e @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/16 Spd/200 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock

Description: Deoxys is a great lead, outspeeding everything and setting up SR and the screens, whilst preventing Mew and Groudon leads from setting up, as well as foiling Darkrai sleep attempts.

EVs: The EVs I created allow Deoxys to outspeed Deoxys-A, while only being 3HKO'd by Modest Latios' Draco Meteor with Light Screen up. With the EVs in defense, Deoxys also survives a CB Crunch from T-tar with Reflect up.

Team Work: Deoxys gets SR set up, which ruins random sashers from coming in and spoiling my efforts, and hurts Rayquaza that switch in. Reflect and Light Screen make it easier for everyone on the team to switch into attacks, strong or weak.

kyogre.png

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP/244 Def/24 Spd
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Description: Kyogre provides a much needed Rest Talker on the team, it can absorb status, take hits, and dish them out as well. I use Ice Beam instead of CM because I'd rather take out Rayquaza then set-up.

EVs: With these EVs, Kyogre can survive an SD'd Earthquake from Groudon, as well as outspeed Adamant Tar and KO it before it wrecks havoc on my team.

Team Work: Absorbs sleep, counters Groudon and most Metagross, and attracts Thunders that Wobb can use to KO someone, or Mew can use to set up on.

wobbuffet.png

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

Description: The King Of Cheap. Encores set-up moves so Mew can come in and start setting up. Gets plenty of kills in the match thanks to it's awesome durability, and with Light Screen or Reflect up it's ability to tank hits is even better. Safeguard protects the team from painful status.

EVs: Max Special defense so it survive Calm Minded Dragon Pulses from Latios, so he can Mirror Coat them right back for the KO. Max defense lets Wobb withstand Outrages from Rayquaza, as well as EQ's from Groudon.

Team Work: Helps Mew get set up, as well as easily removing threats from battle thanks to Counter and Mirror Coat. Also protects the team from status, which severely hurts Palkia and Dialga.

mew.png

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/220 Spd/36 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Hypnosis
- Substitute
- Rock Polish

Description: One of the crucial aspects of the team. Comes in on a move Wobb encored, and then Subs. The incoming counter will then be slept, and I'll set up Rock Polish and Sub, and pass it to either Palkia or Dialga, depending on the Pokemon that's in, and the remaining Pokemon.

EVs: 320 speed beats Rayquaza, meaning I can sleep it before being KO'd with Outrage. Also beats out Modest Latios and Latias. Max HP for 101 Subs, which can be passed meaning Blissey is screwed against my recipient. Rest in Special defense to take hits a little better.

Team Work: Passes Speed and Bulky Subs to Dialga and Palkia, making a sweep much easier.

dialga.png

Dialga @ Life Orb
EVs: 224 Atk/32 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder
- Brick Break
- Draco Meteor

Description: Mix Dialga, a speedier varient, but possesses much more power, thanks to Life Orb. With Speed passed to it, not much can withstand it, except the rare Deoxys-D, who can be used as set-up fodder for Palkia.

EVs: The EVs out speed Adamant Tar before a Rock Polish boost, and Deoxys-A after a boost. The rest was dumped into attack so that Dragon Claw and Brick Break pack a punch. With all those attack EVs, Latias are OHKO'd, Blissey 2HKO'd, and pretty much everything else is 2HKO'd or OHKO'd.

Team Work: One of my recipients, and helps the team by KOing the opposition.

palkia.png

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
EVs: 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail

Description: Beastly. After a Bulk Up or two, this thing is unstoppable. Dragon Claw KOs the Latis with ease, while Aqua Tail will OHKO Bliss after two Bulk Ups, and it's surprisingly easy to grab 2 Bulk Ups. Only Groudon, Giratina, and Lugia wall this, but they're all handled by Dialga. Lustrous Orb gives a great boost to Aqua Tail and Dragon Claw, ensuring they KO what they're supposed to.

EVs: Outspeeds Rayquaza before a Rock Polish, and pretty much everything after one. Contemplating using an Adamant nature so that I can 2HKO Giratina after a Bulk Up.

Team Work: Clean up the opponent's team, while taking physical hits thanks to Bulk Up.

Well, there you have it. Rate away.

Considering I played this team earlier tonight (and beat it :D, not that one game means anything) I feel I should comment. It's a solid team, very well made so I don't have a lot to comment on. That said, I guess I should nitpick since that's rather boring to "great job, no fixes" (even if it's true) right?

Anyway. When playing you you seem to have a problem with Rest-Talk Ogre (Rest/Sleep Talk/CM/Surf, it's what I used against you), even if it's not extremely common I feel in the right hands if could cause you potential problems. In theory it shouldn't be a problem looking at your team on paper but after 2 CMs your team didn't stand much of a change. It may have just been the right situation and not a real problem but it's just something to think about.

Uber Scizor I could see causing you big, big problems. U-Turn here, Quick attack there, Pursuit there. He could shut down Mew, Deoxys-S, and Wobbuffet and kinda ruins the whole set up. I guess you can play mind games with your opponents choice between U-Turn/Pursuit to save your guys but this isn't really reliable. It makes me want to get Magnezone in here so much but it completely messes up the synergy. I guess you can work around it but in the right hands it could be a big problem for you.

Lugia bothers me as well. Couldn't it just Whirlwind away Mew? I guess you have Wobbuffet to deal with it but what it Wobbuffet is taken down, then what do you do? For this reason I'd consider Taunt>Substitute on Mew as a back up plan.

Just as a joking side note, what do you do if Shedinja comes and your opponent has Spun away Stealth Rock?

Great team from a great uber player. Hope to catch you on the ladder once again for a rematch since it was certainly a good game.

You're the Rest Talk CMer?

God I was angry, that thing rapes me if it gets set up.

Sheddy is a problem if SR gets spun away, and if it happens, that's my fault for letting it happen. Forry is the only semi-decent spinner in ubers, and it can't really switch on anyone in this team.

As for the Uber Scizor, if I get Rain and SR up, it won't be able to come in on Dialga easily. U-turn is troublesome, but I'm sure I can work around it. And a misprediction by the Scizor user could mean a death to either Scizor or a teammate, because Counter will hurt anything that comes off of U-turn (except Giratina).

Lugia is a bit troublesome, but I can work around it. Magnezone would solve alot of the problems, but there is no one he can go over...

King Of Hax said:
You're the Rest Talk CMer?

God I was angry, that thing rapes me if it gets set up.

I think you can work around it, I think you just have to kill it quickly but it shouldn't be a problem for you since you might be more familiar with a way to deal with it after playing me.

Sheddy is a problem if SR gets spun away, and if it happens, that's my fault for letting it happen. Forry is the only semi-decent spinner in ubers, and it can't really switch on anyone in this team.

I was more joking about the Shedinja thing, I don't expect you to have problems with that lol. I've actually found Forry the weak link in my uber stall team (I think I'll post it sometime next week for you to rip apart lol). He's quite hard to use in ubers actually.

As for the Uber Scizor, if I get Rain and SR up, it won't be able to come in on Dialga easily. U-turn is troublesome, but I'm sure I can work around it. And a misprediction by the Scizor user could mean a death to either Scizor or a teammate, because Counter will hurt anything that comes off of U-turn (except Giratina).

I hadn't considered you countering the U-Turn which does help to some extent. If you play enough mind games you can work around it (I can't tell you how many times I've won by mind games alone when my opponent had the obviously better team).

Lugia is a bit troublesome, but I can work around it. Magnezone would solve alot of the problems, but there is no one he can go over...

Yeah, I want Maggy in here so badly but nothing can really be replaced :(, but there is always that one guy that you need that would made it perfect but you can't find room for.

There really isn't too much to fix here, most everything can be worked around so it's seems solid.

This is a really cool team, quite non-standard for ubers so it was fun to play. Hope to play it once again and good luck.

I'm just posting to say that this team truly is brilliant. My lone suggestions are Focus Sash on Deoxys-S so you can always Taunt then get SR up just in case Groudon EQs that first turn. I would attempt switching Wobby as it seems to be your weakest member but it fills such a nice niche that its difficult to replace.

Thanks for the comment Pride.

I posted the team on Smogon and kd24 suggested Darkrai over Dialga and Thunder over Ice Beam on Kyogre.

Sounds like it could work, but I love the OHKO against Latias with Dragon Claw that Dialga provides.

i must say it is brilliant as well. i might steal that mew set muahahaha!

heheheh. i liked that part where you said shedinja gives you trouble :] if SR gets blown away

Life Orb Draco Meteor OHKOs Lati@s as well, it just gets the SpAtk drop. Unless you play Deoxys E recklessly early in the game, you can save it and Taunt RTCM Ogre, then bring in Wobb to Mirror Coat its Surf back after Deoxys E dies.

Also, @ Salice, RTCM Ogre has sadly lost a LOT of popularity, and thats why it shines against so many succesful uber teams right now (i am cool's, Pika's, husk's). This thread makes me want to get back into ubers

Back