One Night In Bangkok

RE: Twin Towers (OU)

Tyranitar, lest Scarfed, is handled by Politoed and Scarftom every time. They always fall to one of them. And Terrakion, lest it be RP, Latios can come in and OHKO with Psyshock. Neither is much of a threat when my counter are in. And Skarmory can take unboosted Terrakion's CC thankfully, as well as SEdge and EQ.

~AoH

Well, Rotom and Toed won't be enjoying taking a Banded Stone Edge, and Latios can't really switch into Stone Edge repeatedly...

I actually meant as a revenge KO... This does present a small problem, now that I do think about it. (There's always got to be one or two Pokemon that, after I make adjustments, can ram through the team or at least a portion, doesn't there?) Well, actually, Skarmory likey... It takes that stuff like a boss.

Still, Quagsire isn't all the good stuff. Aside from walling boosting sweepers, Gastrodon does a better job at almost everything for me. (And I couldn't even fit Gastrodon in anymore...)

Thanks anyways, Chillarmy. I'm glad you showed interest in the team.

~AoH

Hello again. I've been working on a Sanstorm version of this, but I found inspiration to revisit this team (before it goes off the first page).

My big change this time is on Raikou. I switched its CM set and EVs from the SubCM to CM-Offense, the majority of investments in SpA and Spe. The moveslot change is Sub to Shadow Ball, mainly due to coverage and the Deoxys-D rise we're expecting. I also switched from Leftovers to LO for the power boost before CM.

Opinions?

~AoH

RE: One Night In Bangkok (OU)

^: Basically, ignore that post.

Now, this team is back for another round, with new members, a new name, and a new star. Raikou and Rotom-W are gone, and Jolteon is in. s_s, you deserve the credit for the switch, as I'd probably have taken much longer to think about it.

R&R as usual, especially from previous helpers. (SL, s_s, Teapot, Bippa, etc.)

~AoH

Well, I have a couple suggestions.

#1 being, maybe you should consider bulky SD scizor over choice band?
I know you mentioned the rain nullifies the fire weakness-- however it only makes fire moves x2 on it rather then x4, so I think making it specially defensive would actually allow it to take a hit and set up, and you get the niceness of being able to switch up moves.

#2 being, maybe you should consider latias over latios? It adds some more useful bulk to your team and can calm mind up for some serious dragon pulse damage.

(I know you based this team around latios in the first place, but I personally am a latias > latios kinda person c:.

#1 set:
Scizor @Leftovers
Adamant
Technician
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Bug Bite / Superpower
~ Roost

Latias @Leftovers
Timid
Levitate
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Substitute / Roar

Both I think give your team some more longevity :).

It has had problems with balanced-stall teams in the past. I just don't have any offense without CB Scizor. And Latios has taken Recover-stalling to the limits for me. Porygon2 could barely manage to Ice Beam kill after a critical. No offense is present without the current versions of these two. My only change now is that with a more aggressive team, I might be replacing Dragon Pulse with D-Meteor, as suggested by many already.

Thank you, ~AoH

Arceus Of Heaven said:
It has had problems with balanced-stall teams in the past. I just don't have any offense without CB Scizor. And Latios has taken Recover-stalling to the limits for me. Porygon2 could barely manage to Ice Beam kill after a critical. No offense is present without the current versions of these two. My only change now is that with a more aggressive team, I might be replacing Dragon Pulse with D-Meteor, as suggested by many already.

Thank you, ~AoH

Fair enough on the latios, though I agree on the switch to Draco. I think you should give the scizor a chance though, with one SD it can do countless more damage then the banded one with the added versatility of switching up moves.

Complexy990 said:
Fair enough on the latios, though I agree on the switch to Draco. I think you should give the scizor a chance though, with one SD it can do countless more damage then the banded one with the added versatility of switching up moves.

But the bad news are that you lose a move slot. Which move do you take out for Swords Dance? If you lose Quick Attack, Volcarona may be a huge annoyance. And don't even think about Bullet Punch or U-Turn going down. It is a bad idea.

That, and I need Superpower.

Okay, so the big change now is Draco Meteor. My Latios has become a fight-and-flight Pokemon as of recent.

~AoH

Okay, guys. I've decided to give this team another go. After some more battles last night, Toxicroak seems to not be pulling his weight. I'm looking for a suitable physical option over him that isn't Choiced and can support the team in as many ways as Tox can. Does anyone have any ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated.

~AoH

Well, in my opinion, over Toxicroak you might try this:
Mienshao @ life Orb
Regenerator
Naive: (+Spe, -SDef)
Drain Punch/ Hi Jump Kick
Fake Out
U-Turn
HP Dark

Mienshao can serve as a fair clean-up sweeper, like your goal with Toxicroak. It has an astoundingly powerful Hi Jump kick, but at this stage of the game all of your opponent's Pokemon will be weakened considerably, meaning you can KO a lot of Pokemon with Drain Punch while not having to worry about life Orb. Fake Out is for obvious free damage, and u-Turn is in case you did actually miss a threat. While most Mienshaos fear Ghost types, this one can handle them with fair 226 SAtk. HP Dark also isn't affecte by WoW, so it can comfortably take on Jellicent. You only need I be weary of Gengar, but because this is a late-game sweeper, you've probably already KOd Gengar.

I like the idea of Meinshao in the team, but I think you should run HP Ice instead of HP Dark. It will let you beat Gliscor one on one, and Fake Out + HP Ice is a guaranteed OHKO on standard Dragonites.

That had to be one of the better suggestions to come around. I've been looking for a hard-hitting shuffler like Mienshao that keeps the momentum up. Gengar can be taken out by Scizor or Jolteon, Gliscor was somewhat of a threat defensively, and Dragonite has always been a pain. (Toxicroak was really just a filler of sorts.) I think that was the break I needed for this team, as it was having issues with consistent prediction.

Thank you Patrick and Bippa. I'm going to test it out right now.

EDIT (3/4): I've looked at what Mienshao needs to cover, and it seems that +1 Volcarona, unboosted Terrakion, Tornadus, and Virizion may be a problem. Therefore, I'm wondering what Choice Scarf Mienshao would do for me. Scarf Salamence wouldn't like me, +1 Volc would be maimed by Stone Edge, I would have more insurance against unboosted Terrakion (esp. ones locked into X-Scissor), Tornadus, not at all commonly Scarfed, would fall to SEdge as well, and Virizion would just be KOed by HJK. The downside is that HJKing a Ghost switch-in would force me to switch and then lose momentum, plus I'd have three Choiced users.

That last line also brings me to the point where I'm considering a defensive or 3 Attacks Politoed over Specs. One forms a better defensive backbone with Skarmory (pseudo-Ferrocent), while the other retains coverage moves and power with Perish Song added on to ensure victory against a setup sweeper or the last Pokemon on a team.

Any advice on these two changes would be very nice.
~AoH

Back