Writing One In Every Crowd

Little Cherrim

Political Obsessor
This is my work in progress story, I am open to critiquing, and feel free to suggest. :)

Contents:
*---------
Dale, are the orbs ready?”

“Almost ready Sir.”

“Good. Ready the armoured brigade, we move next week.”

“It will be done.”
*----------

This is what detective Looker heard through the static before the transmission cut.

He scribbled the dialogue into his notebook, ripped out the page, and pinned it to the wall in front of his desk, which was already filled with layers of sticky notes and memos.

Looker had been tapping the radio transmissions and phone calls of the Pokémon Association for two weeks, all in his two room flat in Mauville City. It was illegal to do such wiretapping without the permission of the Pokémon Association.

Most calls he tapped were little more than personal matters of employees and administration. Sometimes he would pick up calls about matters only hinted by code, but this message was huge.

Looker was confident he had discovered a plot to take over the region, and the world.
He chuckled lightly- to him, the situation was almost cliché.

Looker called out his Growlithe, and attached a miniature camera to it’s name tag.

“Remember, If I don’t make it, go to the emergency address, not the one that is on your collar”
Growlithe nodded with a sigh.

Looker strapped on his trench coat and opened his smartphone. He was going to investigate, while posing one of the tens of thousands of people on the streets playing the latest craze: virtually training and capturing Pokémon on their smartphones.

He would not tell anyone, not even the International Police, for whom he was a top detective, for fear that the information would spread, and the one behind the calls, whoever it could be, would notice, and end Looker’s operation completely, by any means possible…

*---------
Dale, are the orbs ready?”

“Almost ready Sir.”

“Good. Ready the armoured brigade, we move next week.”

“It will be done.”
*----------

This is what detective Looker heard through the static before the transmission cut.

He scribbled the dialogue into his notebook, ripped out the page, and pinned it to the wall in front of his desk, which was already filled with layers of sticky notes and memos.

Looker had been tapping the radio transmissions and phone calls of the Pokémon Association for two weeks, all in his two room flat in Mauville City. It was illegal to do such wiretapping without the permission of the Pokémon Association.

Most calls he tapped were little more than personal matters of employees and administration. Sometimes he would pick up calls about matters only hinted by code, but this message was huge.

Looker was confident he had discovered a plot to take over the region, and the world.
He chuckled lightly- to him, the situation was almost cliché.

Looker called out his Growlithe, and attached a miniature camera to it’s name tag.

“Remember, If I don’t make it, go to the emergency address, not the one that is on your collar”
Growlithe nodded with a sigh.

Looker strapped on his trench coat and opened his smartphone. He was going to investigate, while posing one of the tens of thousands of people on the streets playing the latest craze: virtually training and capturing Pokémon on their smartphones.

He would not tell anyone, not even the International Police, for whom he was a top detective, for fear that the information would spread, and the one behind the calls, whoever it could be, would notice, and end Looker’s operation completely, by any means possible…

Nice piece of writing! I'm interested to see where this goes; there's a sense of tension and danger in the air and it leaves me wanting more. I also love the GO reference, and how it's being used as Looker's method of blending in. :D

One thing I did notice was that you use "Looker" when referring to him very frequently. While this is alright, I recommend switching it up in places! For example, when writing my stories, I'll sometimes switch between calling a character "Al" and "the teenage lawyer," amongst other things. I recommend giving something along those lines a shot. You also missed a period around when Looker tells his Growlithe about what to do if he doesn't return, but that's a really small nitpick.

Can't wait for when you add Chapter One!

Back