'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Are these going to be the gen 3 remakes and if there is going to be a whole new world what Pokemon will be in it respectively? Meaning gen 3 Pokemon and does this mean that the remakes will have nearly the same features from R/S/E? Thanks XD.:)

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Metalizard said:
I've already said this once, but I'd also rather have an Emerald remake than RS remakes...
I've always prefered 3rd versions (they let you catch both mascots of the primary pair of games, only B2W2 screwed this)...

The main reason I want to buy these games is so that I can have two more in-game teams of Pokémon I haven't got the chance (or the space) to use in previous games. I even planned 2 teams in advance, a few weeks ago, as I was expecting the eventual release of gen 3 remakes (I thought they would be released next year though)...

I think they're gonna do what they did in HGSS. Combine all 3 save for which legendary you catch first, and what pokemon are in the wild. Hopefully, they also add more to the story and/or change some parts.

Genius715

Aspiring Trainer
[split] Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

I can't wait to see Sky Battles in Hoenn, especially if I can get challenged to one by Winona at some point in the game. That would be the best thing ever, especially since she was the Gym Leader I could never defeat the first time around.

Pokabu97

Tepig Tamer
All I have to say is that by my understanding it's not your normal remake but a remake with a different storyline? So after seeing that he pointed out that Alpha and Omega are the first and last of the Greek letters in its alphabet, I think that since also fire and floods mean the end of the world, that they might have one be the apocalypse that destroys the world and one that renews the world. I know that the originals were that way in a sense but I see them taking it further.

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
I think I'll be getting Alpha Sapphire. If it's just like the old Sapphire, that means I'll be fighting against Team Aqua. Good, because I'm a Team Magma fan, so beating Team Aqua will be fun :D

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
[split] Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

I expect pokemon partner come back like in Heart Gold/Soul Silver . I want pokemon follow me around,always behind me and i can check its happiness just by talking to it .

Jacob Gale

Aspiring Trainer
During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire.

Nox

Aspiring Trainer
Fake ? http://floomby.ru/s1/9WAxjC

Jacob Gale said:
During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire.

OldNews

Jacob Gale

Aspiring Trainer
Nox said:

Jacob Gale said:

OldNews

I know but a lot of people still seem to be speculating about whether it's going to be something entirely new .. and yeah it must be fake . I mean come one it looks like a green noivern :p

It has been confirmed through a trailer on TV that Japanese variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV is to showcase world exclusive first footage of the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this weekend in the episode airing on Sunday May 11th at 07:30 JST. It's not known what the footage will contain

Reggie McGigas

-
Nox said:

Jacob Gale said:

OldNews

Hmm...Sceptile with Noivern arms and tropius leaves....seems legit

OMGxShante

Umbreon is Life ♥
I. Want. Now! I already have my teams for each game from when I was fantasizing about these remakes way back when (after BWB2W2). I plan on getting both games since Hoenn was the first region in which I owned all games (RSE). Ugh i'm about to be bled dry because of this but atleast I'll be happy. Fingers crossed for contest return and secret base return.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Found some leaked gameplay!

No, in all seriousness, this is really exciting! I mean, i'm trying to think of some new gimmick/feature they'll add to these remakes! I mean, FRLG had minigames i guess.. and HGSS had walking with pokemon. I hope they add something that allows you to choose if one of your pokemon walks with you, as well as some new features to the contests, combining them with the DPPt contests and the BWB2W2 musicals. Speaking of B2W2, I say each gym should have it's own theme again! As well as each gym leader!

Oh, yeah, and...
MEGA LUVDISC FTW

Rene

Aspiring Trainer
Wouldn't it be so great if Secret Bases were super customizable rooms ala Animal Crossing that your friends could see AND you could somehow earn a GBA system and maybe some GBA games FINALLY on 3DS! I know this is pretty farfetch'd but Nintendo has already answered all my prayers through X/Y and now these games, you never know what else they would do...

thekoggles

Aspiring Trainer
Chariblaze said:
arulz said:
Agreed with the above post. Definitely could see an update on the eshop to make Pokemon X and Y fully online compatible with OR/AS

That would be fine if all multiplayer was through the Internet and you had to download updates to play, but what do you do about the people that never connect to the Internet to play--they just went out to a store, bought a 3DS and physical copy of X/Y, and had their local multiplayer fun without ever connecting to a router. Sure, the 3DS encourages you to connect, but what if you don't? I, er, already made a post about this, so I won't go on any more, but I wouldn't be so quick to think it's possible to update every game in every situation. Then again, I might not have any idea what I'm talking about, so you might just want to ignore me. :p

You have to have the latest update to even play local, if the other person has the update. Furthermore, all you have to do is connect it to wifi anywhere and it'll be pushed to you. Plus, Streetpass can give you the update as well. They thought this through already. Updates will come, no matter what.

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
Chariblaze said:
Japanese art is pretty neat: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/?a001=msign

ORAS%20Japanese%20Art.png

I'm jealous of the colored cases. D:

It might be possible for coloured cases to be sold all over the world. EB Games are pre-ordering Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in coloured cases.

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
thekoggles said:
Chariblaze said:
That would be fine if all multiplayer was through the Internet and you had to download updates to play, but what do you do about the people that never connect to the Internet to play--they just went out to a store, bought a 3DS and physical copy of X/Y, and had their local multiplayer fun without ever connecting to a router. Sure, the 3DS encourages you to connect, but what if you don't? I, er, already made a post about this, so I won't go on any more, but I wouldn't be so quick to think it's possible to update every game in every situation. Then again, I might not have any idea what I'm talking about, so you might just want to ignore me. :p

You have to have the latest update to even play local, if the other person has the update. Furthermore, all you have to do is connect it to wifi anywhere and it'll be pushed to you. Plus, Streetpass can give you the update as well. They thought this through already. Updates will come, no matter what.

Ooh, didn't know about the local play thing. Interesting. And StreetPass passing on system updates, yeah, I think I heard something about that. I'd still be a little worried that "Automatic system updates" wasn't added until June 2011, and what that might mean for StreetPass updates, but that doesn't matter at all when you have updates shipping on new games, which totally solves the big problems. All right, bring on the new Megas! :)

Pokabu97

Tepig Tamer
I don't know if anybody has noticed this but the markings aren't going to be a new form, I think it's just the markings they already have but lit up when they are active --like Reshiram and Zekrom. Didn't they have some game/episode/movie with Kyogre and Groundon lit up?