ORAS Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Gameplay Discussion and Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer
So far the game is amazing, I just beat Norman and have already logged about 14 1/2 hours of play. The DexNav is very cool and th overall Hoenn region is simply put, Amazing. My team so far is Sceptile, Metang, Breloom, Gallade, and Trapinch.

grassdragon

Mega Lopunny Fanatic :P
I'm starting my league challenge now.
Victory Road is sooooo beautiful there aren't words to describe it.

FoxFire

Fox Pokemon Rule!
grassdragon said:
The safari zone doesn't use the classic bait, rock, ball, run....it's just like regular encounters where you send out Pokemon and battle.

Oh thank Arceus. I *hated* the old Safari Zones.

ema

Aspiring Trainer
For the DexNav has anyone else experienced the, for lack for better terms, higher quality pokemon running away faster than normal before you can sneak over to it? It's a different message from when it leaves when you move too fast, and I wasn't far from it. It happened twice after long chaining; pokes with 3 stars, hidden abilities, egg move, higher level, shiny(?) overworld sprites.

Gamewise, still at two badges. Love the little details in the game. Britney is 72? Mr. Stone's name is Joseph and he's 52? Neat! I've always wondered how old the NPCs were. And Mr. Stone's reaction to the shiny Beldum, is hilarious.

lovandra

not an ordinary cat
I still on city with a lots of Treehouses... *forget the name*, I've played for 17 hours. My progress is really slow because I spend too much time with PokeNav, PokeContest and spend lots of time to do silly fishing and get lots of Feebas just to get a female one with Adaptability and spend almost an hour to battle with Cosplay Pikachu wear the Beautifull Costume and use Quick Attack, just to show some people the stupid reaction *I won't spoiler, if you don't know yet, just check it out yourself :3*..

But I miss to get ribbon from contest from different city ... instead, they sell them in Mall City where you get the bycicle *still can't remember names*

I can't wait to try out FLY!!

ema

Aspiring Trainer
Equinox said:
ema said:
shiny(?) overworld sprites.

You should clarify

Pretty much self explanatory. For me once the DexNav levels get high enough, I started seeing shiny-like overworld sprites. For example, Poochyena was red, Zigzagoon purplish- the actual pokemon I saw in battle weren't shiny, but did have hidden abilities.

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer
ema said:
Equinox said:
You should clarify

Pretty much self explanatory. For me once the DexNav levels get high enough, I started seeing shiny-like overworld sprites. For example, Poochyena was red, Zigzagoon purplish- the actual pokemon I saw in battle weren't shiny, but did have hidden abilities.

What level search are you? Im a level 45 for Trapinch but that didnt happen for me.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
I've looked up the stuff online and nobody's found any red poochyena tails or purple zigzagoon tails.

ema

Aspiring Trainer
PhantomHaze said:
ema said:

What level search are you? Im a level 45 for Trapinch but that didnt happen for me.

I'm at search level 61 for Zigzagoon, and similar for Poochyena. Were you chaining? I spent quite some time getting my team at a high enough level to not be eaten alive by Roxanne, and chaining made it less tedious.

Really hoping someone else runs into them soon. If only to prove I'm not losing it!

lovandra

not an ordinary cat
ema said:
PhantomHaze said:

I'm at search level 61 for Zigzagoon, and similar for Poochyena. Were you chaining? I spent quite some time getting my team at a high enough level to not be eaten alive by Roxanne, and chaining made it less tedious.

Really hoping someone else runs into them soon. If only to prove I'm not losing it!

Interesting.. I think I would try this out too...

Chocolate Death

I need help BADLY!!!
I accidentally got curious and put my hand into the portal with Azelf in it with only a live sableye in my party. It's in the red now and I have 0 Pokéballs. I got here right after the cave of origin ordeal and had no idea what I was getting into. If I run or beat it, can I rebattle it someday? Or will I not be able to? If I soft reset I gotta rebattle Kyogre.

Klonoahedgehog

Ace Trainer
So i just beat the Pokemon league and currently taking care of episode Delta.
Man i'm not sure if it was because i was overpowered but this was a complete sweep with Mega Blaziken. I can see why this thing is banned in tournaments.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I KO'ed Deoxys during Episode Delta. I was rushing myself and defeated it and had to save quickly to get to my next class at school.

Is there any way I can get a rematch with Deoxys, so did I screw myself up and ended up wasting my only opportunity?

FoxFire

Fox Pokemon Rule!
Tails said:
I KO'ed Deoxys during Episode Delta. I was rushing myself and defeated it and had to save quickly to get to my next class at school.

Is there any way I can get a rematch with Deoxys, so did I screw myself up and ended up wasting my only opportunity?

I was wondering this about Groudon ... I accidentally KO'd it, though I had remembered to save prior to battling it and got it the second time.

Deoxys, though .. yeah, I just Master Ball'd that guy.

Reggie McGigas

-
Got my first shiny, a Pidgey from wonder trade (My second shiny from wonder trade). I'll take it.

Also tried to DexNav Chain Aron. Don't waste your time.

ema said:
Equinox said:
You should clarify

I saw these too, it is just lighting. Late at night Pokemon colors appear to change a little.

ema

Aspiring Trainer
Reggie McGigas said:
Got my first shiny, a Pidgey from wonder trade (My second shiny from wonder trade). I'll take it.

Also tried to DexNav Chain Aron. Don't waste your time.

ema said:

I saw these too, it is just lighting. Late at night Pokemon colors appear to change a little.

But it wasn't night, and the color change was pretty obvious when chaining them. Ok, I can finally play at night and test this. Zigzagoon does appear to be shaded differently at night, though all I've NavDex'd so far have HA and/or stars. But that could be because I'm at high enough levels? Did find and accidentally critical hit a shiny one though, continuing my bad luck of fainting the first shiny I meet in the games.

Chocolate Death

So I just found out I can play ANY battle music found in the version I'm playing. I'm gonna make a Johto water-type team and play Lugia's music when I battle now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.