Ruling omastar and kabutops

bulet

Aspiring Trainer
well,kabutops LM :
Ancient Shell - As long as you have Omanyte or Omastar in play, damage done to Kabutops by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance). (Poke-BODY)

well,if i have kabutops lm in bench and kabutops HP active,will the attacks done to kabutops hp(active) be reduced by 20?
coz,they have same name:kabutops.

the same question between omastar lm and omastar HP,.
THANKS

nope, it would have to say "to all of your kaputops", the translation by POP is terrible, they translated "this pokémon" to the name of the card, but this makes everything complicated
so just replace "kaputops" by "this pokémon"

The translation isnt terrible, it's correct.The poke-body is self referencing. It doesnt need to say anything other than what it says.

It's like when Mew ex copies an attack which says ''discard all energy attached to Ampharos'', you simply dont discard since your name isnt Ampharos, you discard since the attack is self referencing, as is the poke-body.

The Omanyte/Omastar/Kabuto/Kabutops from LM are all Self referencing, so their poke-bodies only apply to themselves, and not to ones from different sets.

that's exactly why I should say "this pokémon", I taught (not 100% sure) that the Japanese cards said it like that.

Yeah the card is self-referencing, it would have to say like, "Damage done to each of your Kabutops in play is reduced by 20." or something like that. so NO.

Arcanine out.

Back