Help Old Charizard Card.

arturocolina

Aspiring Trainer
Hello,

I long time ago, when I was a kid I pulled a Charizard card from a booster pack that I bought at a Toys R us. Unfortunately the card was stolen from me. Now I don't really know much about card value. But for sentimental purposes I am trying purchase the same type of card that I pulled. I don't know if it was first
edition, base set or what, I apologize for my ignorance. All I know is that it was inside a Mewtwo booster pack.
7dFiyLpJx7i9EUQW8
Based on the information I given you, can someone please let me know which Charizard card I had? So I can know how to search for it on ebay and other sites, Thank you.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Try this. Start with the oldest card images at the top of the list (click each "Charizard" to see a card image). If there is more than one set listed to a Charizard, when you click, be sure to scroll down for all the card images associated with that card. I assume you'll know it when you see it.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charizard_(TCG)

arturocolina

Aspiring Trainer
Was it in a pack like this??
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/...r-pack_1_39b7390dc4bb2fd31411325ea85f1fb1.jpg

If it was, then you'd be looking for a Base Set 2 Charizard. This one right here:
42479_200w.jpg

It's a little easier to find than the Base version, and I honestly quite like the cosmos foil on it myself.

Thank you! I believe you are right. I got it out of a Mewtwo booster pack, and I noticed that the only booster packs with Mewtwo on them at the time were the Base Set 2, so this cards has to be the one I had. I appreciate your help.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Thank you! I believe you are right. I got it out of a Mewtwo booster pack, and I noticed that the only booster packs with Mewtwo on them at the time were the Base Set 2, so this cards has to be the one I had. I appreciate your help.
No problem at all! The only thing to note is that there's ONE other wizards-era pack with Mewtwo on it, being Legendary Collection which also contained a variant of the Base Zard in it. However, that one came out in '02 rather than in 2000 with Base 2, so it depends on when you were collecting them as a kid.