Ruling Old Amber Aerodactyl

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Can Old Amber Aerodactyl (Look at the bottom 7 cards of your deck. You may reveal an Aerodactyl you find there and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.) place a Stage 1 Aerodactyl onto your Bench, or is it only usable with the Restored one? I'd guess you can, but better to be safe than sorry.

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
I would say no because old amber aerodactyl is referring to the one printed with it in the same set. Older aerodactyls say they evolve from old amber and the new one isn't evolving it.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'm not so sure about that. OAA is simply searching for a card named Aerodactyl. That should be enough to fulfill the requirement.

Spidy

Aspiring Trainer
Theres actually no official ruling on it (from what i can tell japan hasnt given the rules team one). I would agree with PMJ here though. There is a chance that it only refers to a restored aerodactyl. However the card doesn't specifically state that, so i will say it can get any aerodactyl.

DNA knows Crisbo, maybe he can ask him if he knows an official answer.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I would say you can get any Aerodactyl because that is all Old Amber Fossil is searching for. Further, this Aerodactyle is a Stage 1 Pokemon as is the very old Aerodactyl from the Fossil Expansion.~KA

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
I noticed you posted the same question on Gym as well. Let me know when you get the answer so the rest of us can know.

In the meantime, I will ask Chrisbo the next time I see him about whether or not you can place an older Aerodactyl with the newer Old Amber.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
All right, so I asked Chrisbo.

A truly official ruling notwithstanding (yet), he said his answer would be that he doesn't see why not, since there have been many cards throughout TCG history that put non-Basics on the bench. Ninjask's Loose Shell is a classic example of that.