Discussion Oh No, here comes Lusamine... (SUM - Night Unison)

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
So, I already think that Lusamine is problem and needs an errata, not a ban. But Night Unison leaked 2 days ago, and I'm concerned for the game with Lt. Surge now. You can now Lt. Surge, Lusamine, get back Acerola and Surge/Lusamine and play Acerola. I'm not looking forward to this....

If anything, it’s Surge, I think. Lit Surge has so much going for him. We have had busted supporters before, but none like Surge. Turn him into a <> card, I say!

If anything, it’s Surge, I think. Lit Surge has so much going for him. We have had busted supporters before, but none like Surge. Turn him into a <> card, I say!
I like the idea of him being a Prism, if only TPCi would do that. If they did make him a Prism, I'd get rid of the need to be behind on prizes though.

What you're describing is not that good. You can't sustain all 3 every turn, lusamine can only get 2 supporters (itself and 1 other) so you either get the acerola and can't do the surge combo the following turn or you get back surge in which case you don't have an acerola to play this turn. Surge and lusamine isn't actually very potent it just lets you pretend lusamine is a VS Seeker for a turn

Surge is broken but its because it can play two supporters in conjunction with each other (Like Ace Trainer + Delinquent for example)

i think surge could be a big problem in expanded ... in standard, its probably a buff to zoroark and swampert focused decks, but i dont think it will be game breaking

i think surge could be a big problem in expanded ... in standard, its probably a buff to zoroark and swampert focused decks, but i dont think it will be game breaking
Ok Um so playing plumeria every turn is not broken in stall decks... Surge then lusimine for plumieria then play plumeria...

Lusamine's certainly made stall stronger than before it was printed...but personally, I like playing stall, and the meta at large doesn't seem constrained or dominated by it. Diverse group of decks, a lot of which have matchups with stall that involve actual pokemon games.

Surge sounds broken. Hard to analyze a card before it's out and you've seen how the other cards in the set function in the actual meta, but my reaction so far is "I don't want to take prizes anymore, just play stall or spread until it rotates".

Using 2 Lusamine every turn is very overpowered in conjunction with Unown HAND. Plus you can also use 1 Lusamine and a Steven's. I feel Surge is a little overpowered and should be banned

Y'all, there was already a card that let two Supporters be played a turn, and it in no way broke the game. My prediction is that Surge will boost consistency, particularly in stall decks, but in no way will be broken. It will simply be another card that has to be factored in when playing, just like N was.

Y'all, there was already a card that let two Supporters be played a turn, and it in no way broke the game. My prediction is that Surge will boost consistency, particularly in stall decks, but in no way will be broken. It will simply be another card that has to be factored in when playing, just like N was.
If you mean Smeargle that's because it could fail. Also, Smeargle was annoying to get out of the active due to the lack of Float Stone.

Dual Brain Magnezone
oh gotcha. I feel like the ways to use Surge are far different than Magnezone. For Example the Lusamine combo. It was also difficult for people to just tech-in a Magnezone and actually manage to set it up every game

oh gotcha. I feel like the ways to use Surge are far different than Magnezone. For Example the Lusamine combo. It was also difficult for people to just tech-in a Magnezone and actually manage to set it up every game
True, but even when Dual Brain Magnezone was set up, it's ability was far from broken.

Back