BW/BW2 Official Black and White Discussion Thread

RE: The Final Week

I am so excited! These games are going to be great... well, i already played black, but still. I can't wait!!

i like the idea of new york as the region. although the japan ones were better (the first time i saw the Unova map i was like what...this is weird). unova looks kind of weird. its ok though. maybe next will be like california lol...or canada
Honestly, Catutie, I think you need to stop with the "this is weird/stupid" comments. Really, you're just not used to it yet. Don't use negative words when you aren't used to something.

Seriously, if you think that Unova is weird you probably think that Sinnoh is detestable.
I am so excited! These games are going to be great... well, i already played black, but still. I can't wait!!
I'm very excited too! These games will be amazing. :)

I can understand that someone shouldn't say something is simply stupid, but there is nothing wrong with someone's opinion that something is weird. I think Unova looks weird too, simply because its layout is different.
And yes, different = weird.

Catutie does need to desperately work on basic grammar though.

I actually like the idea when they first revealed it.It was time for a change...And besides,it looks a little bit too much like Manhattan.(My opinion lol)

It feels that im visiting my cousins! (Even if they dont live in New York XD)

And I just realized something...The Statue of Liberty and the Liberty Tower could be linked in some way,and their names sound similiar....Yeah,a late realize. *-*

rofl sorry that i dont capitalize lol. it looked very strange...that is all im saying. it still does. look at the route you have to take in game its a complete circle. at least in sinnoh it was this side of mt coronet and this side. kanto was good but very grid like. remember when the region was first revealed no one really knew what to think. it was just so foreign to us lol

I will miss the japanese maps, however I am curious about the Unova map being New York. I've never been to that part of New York. I personally love all the region maps because I've never been to Japan (or that part of New York that Unova is based off of) so every single one is like an adventure when you first start off (well it is an adventure, but it's an adventure not just to the player in the game, but also to ourselves because were exploring a whole new world) and I like that!

Maybe not Canada because everyone would say eh,lol. It's cool that the games are based on New York,maybe Nintendo World is near.Probably not, but maybe.I'm really excited for Black and White,because I really need a new DS game,and it's Pokemon=).I've been spending my time playing Monster Hunter Tri,or making Pokemon fusions.The last time I turned on my DS was probably last month,so now in just a week I'll turn on my DS again=)

I love the idea of moving onto a new location. Where the Japanese based locations were nice, Unova is much more varied and interesting, and New York offered plenty of inspiration for it. Though I'm still surprised at how rare it is to see a car.

And I just realized something...The Statue of Liberty and the Liberty Tower could be linked in some way,and their names sound similiar....Yeah,a late realize. *-*
Umm.... OMFG?

DUDE! I am seriously speechless....

Go to Google Earth and type in "Liberty Island". It has nearly the EXACT placement as Liberty Tower in Unova! OMG!

This is seriously amazing, I can not believe nobody has even thought of this yet. Liberty Island off the cost of Manhattan IS Liberty Tower in Unova, furthering the proof that people still demand that Unova IS Manhattan. That is SO FREAKING COOL!

You, sir, just made my day.

Everyone, there are only 5 more days until Pokemon Black and White are released. Here is Day 5's question:

What do you think of Game Freak's approach on a more modern-day and industrial feel to Unova?

Here is my personal answer. I encourage you all to leave your own!

Again, much like my previous answer, I think it's great. I'm sure it's difficult for some old school Pokemon fans to grasp the concept, but I think it's time for a change. As we, old school Pokemon fans, grow up, many of us (not me) complain that Pokemon supposedly won't "grow up" with the fans. While I think this is a stupid way to think, that is really what Game Freak's doing with these games.

I'm very excited to see how automobiles will play into the game. I've seen some screenshots where you can actually go into motorhomes or cars, and this is really cool. I've also seen some big highways, which does show off the city-feeling of Unova, while keeping the usual adventure feel of Pokemon games alive.

From what I've seen, Game Freak's done a great job with Unova. I'm excited to see what else they've done I don't know about yet.

That's my answer, PLEASE leave yours! Thanks!

well new york is a big city with alot of industrialization. so obviously it did have to make it more modern but cars and things like that wasnt quite what i was expecting. its a nice upgrade. finally pokemon will be more real and up to date with our day...all though you still have to run everywhere -_-

@:catutie:Yeah I hate running everywhere too.I wish they came out with a new vehicle like a car,or a scooter,or something.

I like how it's more real. It's like pokemon are actually real, and you are actually that person exploring Unova. I love all the additions to Black and White!

well new york is a big city with alot of industrialization. so obviously it did have to make it more modern but cars and things like that wasnt quite what i was expecting. its a nice upgrade. finally pokemon will be more real and up to date with our day...all though you still have to run everywhere -_-
I actually enjoy it. Don't forget about the bike!
I like how it's more real. It's like pokemon are actually real, and you are actually that person exploring Unova. I love all the additions to Black and White!
I agree. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

I like how the city/town element in the game relates more to their real life counterpart as well as the portrayal of the harsh conditions that pokemon live in

i dont know but i had the same question put it on the Q/A forum and maybe they will answer

Do you mean the dreamworld thing? Because I believe it wont be out upon release :(

why wouldnt it be? that would be terrable if it wasnt. im sure they are on top of it and it will be released the same day as the game.

The Dream World server crashed from having too many people on it on the first day. I think they're prepared for the overload, and will open the dream world a few weeks after the game's launch.

Back