• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Nuzzle 2.0 (Cosmic Eclipse format)

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
This is super early and we don't have all of cards from the set revealed yet so some things may be changed around. But from my experience of using Nuzzle the first time all you need is an Emolga+Energy and you are rolling. This archetype got alot better with that new Raichu being searchable + non-GX pokemon

Here's the list:

Pokemon (17)

4 Pikachu PROMO 162
4 Raichu
4 Emolga
2 Pachirisu
1 Dedenne
1 Koko Prism
1 Mew

Trainer: (29)

4 Prof Elm's Lecture
4 Cynthia
2 Volkner
1 Brock's Grit
2 Judge

2 Reset Stamp
4 Elctropower
4 Pokegear 3.0
4 Communication

2 Shrine of Punishment

Energy:

14 Lightning Energy

Description:
At the moment this is just my cookie cutter list with the next metagame coming in November in mind. I prefer the Promo Pikachu for being Elm's searchable which can help you set up your board state faster T1 and get going. It is very important T 1 to be able to get all of your nuzzlers on the field.

14 Lightning energy is important so that you can hit those higher numbers to KO TTGXs.

1 Dedenne, that you can take out if you'd like, but it allows you to snipe inkay on the bench. If your opponent can't set up more than 2 Inkay on the bench you slow them down drastically. Otherwise it's a very bad match up for the Nuzzlers

1 Brock's grit is all you need for mid-late game so that you can recycle all of your energies+pokemon back in the deck. And you should have no problem getting them both back on the field ASAP.

Judge + Reset Stamp is for some major hand disruption. From what I can tell next format, there is a heavy reliance on combo pieces such Custom Catchers+Searchability. So disrupting their hand as much as possible is great. You aren't worried about Judging yourself because your engine is your own pokemon on the field.

1 Mew. With Pikarom, Reshikrom, Beast Box. Mew I believe will be a pokemon you want in all of your decks. After a Pachirisu Snuggling Generator you have the bench space.

Conclusion:

I hope more cards come that push this archetype to make it little better. Some of us were hoping for an Electrium-Z Nuzzle attack but who knows that's still a possibility :p It has a horrible Ultra Mally match up. So if you want to you can tech in a Lysandre Labs or Sky Pillar to have a better match vs them. Being one of the very few archetypes that is consistent is great in post rotation (unless they give non-gxs better searchability) This is not the final list as it will be changed depending on how next format will look.

Not sure promo Pikachu is necessary if you are going to drop 3 emolgas down anyway off an elm, but maybe.
It also seems like 4 comm is overkill for only one target that is comm-only, especially since Volker can grab one if needed, or you might just Cynthia into koko naturally.
I hate autolosses so I'd be tempted to add a couple rainbow or unit lpm energies and Latios GX to cancel sky scorch, and any other GX attack that might come along. But that might be sacrificing too much consistency.
Also 14 energy just OHKOs the big TTGXs and there's no way you keep all 14 in play... maybe 16 would be better?

Sorry for commenting on such a dead thread, I'm excited for this archetype too! Just ordered my promo nuzzle pikachus. I like their inclusion for the flexibility (plus they look cool).
Also I'm not certain that the malamar matchup is an auto-loss. With how inconsistent it is to set up a full bench in Malamar, you might be able to win a fair amount of best 2/3 matchups. I do agree that if they get 2 malamars you basically lose. But this deck shines in that it needs very little to get set up and just rolls (I think! Testing forthcoming).

What do you think about a version with Magnezone and potentially a Lady supporter? I'm worried that the energy acceleration wont be quite enough from Pachirisu to be taking relevant knock outs quick enough. Also I definitely think that the new great catcher card coming in Cosmic Eclipse will be important to bring back damaged GXs or take a dedenne knockout. I'm thinking 2 of them?

Sorry for commenting on such a dead thread, I'm excited for this archetype too! Just ordered my promo nuzzle pikachus. I like their inclusion for the flexibility (plus they look cool).
Also I'm not certain that the malamar matchup is an auto-loss. With how inconsistent it is to set up a full bench in Malamar, you might be able to win a fair amount of best 2/3 matchups. I do agree that if they get 2 malamars you basically lose. But this deck shines in that it needs very little to get set up and just rolls (I think! Testing forthcoming).

What do you think about a version with Magnezone and potentially a Lady supporter? I'm worried that the energy acceleration wont be quite enough from Pachirisu to be taking relevant knock outs quick enough. Also I definitely think that the new great catcher card coming in Cosmic Eclipse will be important to bring back damaged GXs or take a dedenne knockout. I'm thinking 2 of them?
Oh also I'd add in a rosa from dream league or two to get the magnezone out more reliably. Volkner can also hit for the rare candy. I was thinking 2 magnezone, 2 rare candy, 2 magnemite, 2 rosa. It is 8 cards to dedicate but I think it adds so much damage potential.

Back