Now What

GOATSAUCE

Aspiring Trainer
I just recently bought the two legend maker decks groundbreaker, and shadowquake, now what do i do buy booster backs and thats it, or should i buy some of other decks

Charizard

Pokemon Master
I prefer to get a deck list you are planning to play with first and then buy single cards from others. At least you won't spend too much money on cards that you are not needed.:rolleyes:

Mjadex123

yes. i prefer not to buy packs but i mostly get singles off people or ebay. the only time i get packs are at the prerelease. for hp, i might get a box but i dunno. i <3 delta

Lionheart

Retribution Paladin &gt; You
IMO, its good to buy boosters once in a while...I got 3 exs in 2 days once...out of 5 packs. But the more you play in league, the more boosters you get anyways.

in-the-ra

Lone Wanderer
i think the best you should do is play your cards with a friend or more!
you can use the pre-made themed decks to test and make it stronger by putting new cards , or build a new one and, again make it better!
or go to a pokemon tcg community and trade, buy card singles, and many more !

wow, i just felled in love with pokemon tcg all over again ^^ it suprises me to see how many things you can do with pokemon tcg!

Mjadex123

well, you better take mine or lionheart's advice seriously.

im thinking of getting a HP box but im having paypal problems atm... i need to have it sorted out by the end of the month.

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
Deck boxes are great for starting out or re-entering the game. They are also good for getting cards that you need in numbers (Holon's Electrode from EX: DS theme decks). Even EX: FrLg Pidgeot, one of the most broken cards in the format, can be obtained from an EX: FrLg theme deck.

Some sets used to have enough theme decks to get necessary cards from. Base Set, Base Set II, and the Gym sets had 4 theme decks.

Starter kits are cool because they often have unique cards. The EX: Starter kit contained Latias and Latios. They also reprinted many cards, ranging from Ruby/Sapphire to Dragons. All of the reprinted cards are currently allowed in Modified.

I generally buy boosters in boxes. It costs $72 for 36 booster packs. It comes out to $2 per booster pack, saving $46.44 in the process (normal price is $3.29 per pack), without including sales tax. It also guarantees that I get several Pokémon-ex, as well as a high chance of getting a Shining Pokémon. Lately, I bought a box of EX: LM. I got Mew-ex, Banette-ex, and Shining Regice.

If you can't afford a booster box, I recommend that you split a box with some friends and battle to determine who gets the box topper.

Kirlia7755

Avid Fan
it is a Firered theme deck that has the Pidgeot. Oh, I bought DS box and got Flareon EX and Metagross * Also some good cards like Rayquaza δ, FlareVaporJoltEsp eon δ too! I also had Mewtwo δ in it. All my DS cards are available for trade or sell. You can get singles for me if you want.

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
DocRobot_K-176 said:
Deck boxes are great for starting out or re-entering the game. They are also good for getting cards that you need in numbers (Holon's Electrode from EX: DS theme decks). Even EX: FrLg Pidgeot, one of the most broken cards in the format, can be obtained from an EX: FrLg theme deck.

Some sets used to have enough theme decks to get necessary cards from. Base Set, Base Set II, and the Gym sets had 4 theme decks.

Starter kits are cool because they often have unique cards. The EX: Starter kit contained Latias and Latios. They also reprinted many cards, ranging from Ruby/Sapphire to Dragons. All of the reprinted cards are currently allowed in Modified.

I generally buy boosters in boxes. It costs $72 for 36 booster packs. It comes out to $2 per booster pack, saving $46.44 in the process (normal price is $3.29 per pack), without including sales tax. It also guarantees that I get several Pokémon-ex, as well as a high chance of getting a Shining Pokémon. Lately, I bought a box of EX: LM. I got Mew-ex, Banette-ex, and Shining Regice.

If you can't afford a booster box, I recommend that you split a box with some friends and battle to determine who gets the box topper.

hey, I got Mew ex, Flygon ex, and Regice * from LM box! (the difference is you get Bannete ex)...
yupz, I'm going to ask my friends to buy Booster Box together...

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
Get single cards cos' they're cheaper.Anyways, if u buy packs u will not know what's inside it.

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
single card is cheaper??
nayy...
not in here...
single cards are more expensive, especially Rare-Rare Holo-Ex-Shiny...

Kirlia7755

Avid Fan
Oh, well, at least getting a Gardevoir Emerald singly is better than getting 20 boosters (thats what I did)

in-the-ra

Lone Wanderer
agreed... its better to actually buy singles (even if its expensive) than buying a box but only get 1 of the card u needed >_<

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
Buying boxes is great for collecting around 50% of the cards in the set. For the ex's, the shining, and others, trading is a good option. Even if you decide to buy more booster packs and end up with cards you don't need, you can trade them away for stuff you do want.

Buying single cards is only advantageous when the card in particular is hard to come by or in high demand. I bought a Scizor-ex for roughly $20. It was worth it for me. Once modified rotates it out 2 years from now, I'll trade it away for something that will be legal. The Eeeveeevolution-ex's are hard to come by because there is only 1 of them per box. I have Jolteon and Flareon, but not Vaporeon. I might decide to buy one online eventually (don't offer right now, thanks anyway). When you think about it, each of the EX: DS Eeveeevolution ex's are really worth 3 ex's from other sets due to the fact that they come 1 per box. Other people generally don't know that, and that is where you can come ahead.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
hey,

at least if u buy single cards, u get the card u want, not boosters which 80% gives u bad cards...

lets see it this way,for example

buying a scizor EX for RM40(malaysian ringgit)im from malaysia,

or buying 15packs(each for 11 ringgit=165ringgit) to get a scizor EX, and 6 octillery(UF), 4 Slowbros and a few Hitmontop,lee, and chan.

i rather buying just singles instead..

who agrees?

anyways wat u get in a booster is all luck...but its fun opening packs too...for the fun...

B_F: Lay off holding down any key for too long, 'kay? Three '...' is enough =P And don't swear please..