Contest November 2022 CaC: Scarlet & Violet (All Results Up!)

Kaleidophoenix

Reborn from the flames of glass and ash
Thanks for the notes! I spent so much thought on my Tsareena piece that I didn't give much love to the text fake. Alas, Hisuian Electrode, you deserved better. I will absolutely be satisfied with second place for image, as PMJ's Ledian was especially good this month. One of these days I will take home a gold. My favorite part about Tsareena's design was that it immediately encouraged me to start thinking about all the different kind of plays I could use if for, and how those could swing a match. I will admit to changing the multiplier to 20x from 10x, and not thinking that through enough. And I only recently saw that I had the wrong font for the evolution box, but oh well.

You identified 3 of the 6 different Pokémon in the background correctly. There are Goomy and a Sliggoo in the river, not a Wimpod; there are three Morelull around the Shiinotic; and there is a Larvesta hiding out in a cave by the waterfall. It was super fun to include those (and a running theme in alt-arts).

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
KJ2DfQF.png

This isn't the first time I've won with a simple Pokemon. If you've ever wanted to get into image-based by didn't because you thought you could never win, just look at this post and have some faith in yourself. A great idea and an interesting take can get you the gold also fix your wording please, everyone's scores start circling the drain once it's time to check wording.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
It's tough not to be a little disappointed at being a single point off of a perfect. I'm sure I knew that Jumpluff existed at some point, but even when reading the review I had to go look at the card to get an idea of what you were talking about. Such is life. I do thank you for the high praise, however. I'm glad you liked the card as much as I did.