Northern California Regional Championships: Pleasanton

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
Well i went 4-3 and missed prizes. Do you want to know how bad my day was?

Losses
Donk
Doom on T1 that wasn't donk
Durant

Wins
Reshiboar
3 newbies

ugh.

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
So let's see, I was having an awesome day, I was 5-2, having played 7 great games, all of them with pretty close outcomes but reasonably fair in the end. And then round 8 comes along.... and on the last round, the one that decided if I make top-cut or not, I get donked by a CMT deck, a deck that I had beaten twice that day and had a fairly confident matchup against. So I went 5-3, and got 46th.... That kind of killed that should-have-been-awesome day for me. But hey, I finally met DNA (whose name I discovered but shall never share.) Unfortunately we didn't really get our Arceus VS Gigas match done. We started a game, but it was horribly slow and we both had bad starts and we never finished it anyway. Also I saw Zero and hugged him but he literally did not know who I was. Sigh.....

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Meaty said:
But hey, I finally met DNA (whose name I discovered but shall never share.) Unfortunately we didn't really get our Arceus VS Gigas match done. We started a game, but it was horribly slow and we both had bad starts and we never finished it anyway.
Admittedly, the only thing wrong about my start were the odd prizes. Then again, I could say the same about yours!
If you show up tomorrow, hopefully we can play a full match, but if you can't, that's fine.

k so quick recap; will write full report when I get home:
R1 vs Musharna (loss)
R2 vs Zekeel+Mewtwo (win)
R3 vs Durant (win)
R4 vs Zekeel+Mewtwo (loss)
R5 vs Durant (close loss)
R6 vs Durant (win)
R7 vs Durant (loss)
R8 vs Zekeel+Mewtwo (loss)

Yes. The variety leaves much to be desired. Going to report on VG as well after I'm done with it.

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play
^ So we played a game, it seemed like your oddishes were disappearing very quickly, hmmmm:p

DNA

Advanced Member
Only because I whiffed on the donk.
I should have gotten it. Ah well.

RobertBenjamin

Aspiring Trainer
Meaty said:
So let's see, I was having an awesome day, I was 5-2, having played 7 great games, all of them with pretty close outcomes but reasonably fair in the end. And then round 8 comes along.... and on the last round, the one that decided if I make top-cut or not, I get donked by a CMT deck, a deck that I had beaten twice that day and had a fairly confident matchup against. So I went 5-3, and got 46th.... That kind of killed that should-have-been-awesome day for me. But hey, I finally met DNA (whose name I discovered but shall never share.) Unfortunately we didn't really get our Arceus VS Gigas match done. We started a game, but it was horribly slow and we both had bad starts and we never finished it anyway. Also I saw Zero and hugged him but he literally did not know who I was. Sigh....

5-3 and placing 46th in a big regional is still an awesome feat meaty.

too bad i couldnt make it today but hopefully ill see you come spring battle roads or the upcoming prerelease in game kastle.

Meaty

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Admittedly, the only thing wrong about my start were the odd prizes. Then again, I could say the same about yours!
If you show up tomorrow, hopefully we can play a full match, but if you can't, that's fine.
Yeah, that's true, if the Uxie wasn't prized I would have been just fine. Unfortunately I won't be attending tomorrow. I don't plan on competing in VG since I don't even have a team and I'm still too lazy to devote enough time to competitive VG, and yeah I didn't make top cut.

Also, my day went like this:

Round 1 win against CMT
Round 2 loss against ZekEels
Round 3 win against Reshiphlosion
Round 4 win against CMT
Round 5 loss against Chandelure/Mew/Crobat (a surprinsgly great rogue)
Round 6 win against VVV/Mew
Round 7 win against Mewtwo/Gothitelle/Gardevoir
Round 8 loss against CMT (donk...)

I considered them all great games, a lot of them very close, except for you know, the donk....

RobertBenjamin said:
5-3 and placing 46th in a big regional is still an awesome feat meaty.

too bad i couldnt make it today but hopefully ill see you come spring battle roads or the upcoming prerelease in game kastle.

Yeah I guess that is pretty good after all, thanks. I was just disappointed to come so close to top cut only to get donked.... I'll probably see you at Dark Explorers prereleases!

blargh257

Gistica said:
^ So we played a game, it seemed like your oddishes were disappearing very quickly, hmmmm:p

That was fun to watch

"Stop doing that!"
"Argh they keep coming back!"

(Gistica kept using mewtwo to ko DNA's oddishes.)

Meaty

Lol when I played against VVV the moment I saw an Oddish I was like "oh, so that's how it is..." and then I said "catcher up that nasty oddish" and Virizion leaf walloped it. He played a second one later and i also catchered it, Mewtwo killed that one.

Gistica

Yeah, it got pretty intense once he used Flower Shop Lady, it went something like,"I use Flower Shop Lady", and,"oh god,oddishes, just stay dead!"

DNA

Advanced Member
you know it ;P

played at VGC today, record before I post a report:

R1 vs Aero/hippo (win)
R2 vs Jigglypuff (win)
R3 vs Zapchomp+weather (loss)
R4 vs Crowncune (win)
R5 vs Virizion (loss)
R6 vs forgot (win)
R7 vs Dodgechomp (loss)
R8 vs Arcanine (win)

Gistica

Here is my sper detailed report:
R1 vs. Mageels (win)
R2 vs. Zekeels (loss)
R3 vs. CMT (loss)
R4 vs. Cinrush (win) donk :D
R5 vs. CaKE (win)
R6 vs. Zekeels (loss)
R7 vs. Quad Terrakion w/ Mewtwo (win)
so I placed 25th and got 7 prize packs. Woohoo! I qualify fo Nats. now!

Vast

~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~
I went.
I went 3-4 in Seniors.

I beat...
2 people using theme decks
Kyurem EX and Monkeys

-.-

I got beat by...
Reshiboar EX
Zeel
Mewtwo Donphan
CMT

I ran rogue Regigigas EX / Donphan / Reuniclus / Mewtwo

Gistica

Oh my gosh I know the girl who plays the Kyurem and monkeys deck, she is really nice.

Zero

Renegade Writer
I'd say my weekend was successful. 7-1 swiss. 2nd place overall. Does anyone want a report, or should I keep that to myself? I'll definitely be posting my list tomorrow :D

Meaty

Zero said:
I'd say my weekend was successful. 7-1 swiss. 2nd place overall. Does anyone want a report, or should I keep that to myself? I'll definitely be posting my list tomorrow :D

I for one would love to see a report.

DNA

Advanced Member
As would I. I was very impressed at how you did and I'd like to hear a bit about how your weekend went...oh, and of course, what you pulled from those 2 boxes.

Zero

Renegade Writer
Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
As would I. I was very impressed at how you did and I'd like to hear a bit about how your weekend went...oh, and of course, what you pulled from those 2 boxes.
One Mewtwo. Two regigigas. One Shaymin. One FA Zekrom, one FA Kyurem. Not bad, but needs moar Mewtwo. I'll post my list and start my report tomorrow.

blargh257

Zero said:

WOOP
WOOP

HOORAY FOR ZERO

anyway i would like to see a report and hear what you ran. I seem to remember it being CMT.

Does anyone know info for seniors? (as in results)