Non-Pokémon Artwork on Playmats

Victorsaurus

Aspiring Trainer
Hi. During official tournaments is it allowed to use playmats that have non Pokémon related artwork (ex. Pretty Little Liars) or unofficial Pokémon ones.
I've seen non Pokémon designs and unofficial Pokémon designs on some official tournaments, but maybe the staff didn't pay much attention if it's not allowed.

I briefly checked the Play! Pokémon Rules and Resources and didn't find anything like that regarding playmats. I also wanted to ask in the "Ask Prof." section, but it seems to be for cards ruling only.

Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong here, but I think it's up to the Tournament Organizer and the Head Judge with regards to playmats. If memory serves for sleeves, I was told that it had to be plain UltraPro or Pokemon Artwork only, but that was for Premiere Events, nothing regarding playmats being of non-Pokemon art etc. Still, like I said, I could be wrong.

As far as I know, all playmats are legal as long as they don't use offensive or suggestive imagery.

If the venue you play at streams or films the matches, though, they will likely have plain mats for people to use in order to avoid copyright issues; this is especially the case at official Play! Pokemon tournaments.

It's up to the Head Judge . There's no rule against it, but if someone had something non family friendly it wouldn't be allowed

Back