Non Holo vs Holo vs Reverse Holo

terrylmac

Aspiring Trainer
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between Non Holo, Holo and Reverse Holo? I have some cards that are "shiney", but I'm not sure what they are.

Thanks.

Non-holo cards aren't shiny at all. Reverse holo cards are shiny, but have the set logo on the bottom corner of the picture (well Fire Red Leaf Green and later). Holo cards are simply shiny cards with most of them having a sparkly picture (except one's from most delta sets).

Cards that shine but have no set logo in the picture are the regular holos. With said set logo they're reverse holo.

On the contrary. Reverse holo makes them slightly more worth. Reverse holos of commons and uncommons are also worth more, especially if they're often used cards (think Transciever, Castform and Candy).

personally, i don't like shiny's, just thought i'd express that. but i think reverse holo is from the origonal ex set's (RS, SS, DR etc.) these had a crazy weird looking shiny were the whole card is shiny, apart from the pic.
This is really good fun when some one wants to know how much HP it has, or shine light in their eyes when they're anoying you about something! i miss reverse holo...

Personally, I prefered the alternate holos from Hidden Legends.
As for the reverse holos in the current sets, I don't care for them that much. If I trade them, then I'll trade them for slightly more, but otherwise, I don't like them.

Reverse are Random Cards from Legendary Collection, E-Expedition, E-Skyridge, E-Aquapolis, Ex: Ruby and Sapphire, Ex: Sandstorm, Ex: Dragon and Ex: Team Magma vs. Team Aqua. the Border instead of the Picture is Shiny. there all Random, so you can have a Commen, uncommen, Rare, Holo Rare and even Trainers. But Crystal Types, Ex's and Stars aren't. there is 1 Differnce, the Reverse from Legendary Collection is more like all Exploision and from E-Expition and Up are just Holo.

Then we Have Alternative Holo's, there also Random. You can Find them in Ex: Hidden Legends, Ex: Firered and Leafgreen, Ex: Team Rocket Returns, Ex: Deoxys, Ex: Emerald, Ex: Unseen Forces, Ex: Delta Species, Ex: Legend Maker, Ex: Holon Phantoms, Ex: Crystal Guardians, Ex: Dragon Frontiers and Ex: Power Keepers. the Randomness us the same as Reverse. there are kinda 3 Types of Alternative. 1 is that on the Text, there's the Type of the Card (Not on Trainers). These are in Ex: Hidden Legends. 2nd is on the Spot of that Type, they Pasted a Set Symbol on =P. Ex: Firered and Leafgreen is the Only one taht has these. Note that Both are Further normal. the 3rd is that the Picture is Snihy, and that on the Picture Right Below the Set Sybol is Pasted on. Untill Ex: Legend Maker the Rare's and Holo Rare's where Colored, and (Un)commen where White. Sometimes the Symbol is on the Left Below. Lapras form Ex: Legend Maker is 1, Note that Ex: Team Rocket Returns till Ex: Crystal Frontiers the name Is in Gold if it is Rare or Holo Rare. Ex: Dragon Frontiers and Ex: Power Keepers only the Holon rare's are Goldlettering.

Note that since Ex: Ruby and Sapphire there's 1 Reverse/Alternative Holo a Booster, Legendary Collection till E-Aquapolis is for me a Mystery.

I remember having a "Shining Kabutops" once, and maybe that answers your question on shiny. Now a days, they use * simbol instead.

From the latest set...

Non-Holo: Gardevoir and Delcatty for an example in PK Decks

Holo: Machamp and Slaking for example in PK

Reverse-Holo: Cards with the name of the set on the picture...

Back