RMT Non-Competitive Team Rating Topic

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Hello and welcome to the Non-Competitive Team Rating Topic. In this thread, you can post teams for non-competitive environments. Some examples are:
  • theme teams that are just for fun and has nothing to do with competitive battles,
  • teams that are not designed for battling (such as a Pokemon team for the contests in ORAS)
  • teams designed to complete a game's storyline
If you aren't sure if your team meets this requirement, please ask @scattered mind @Equinox or @Celever before posting.

If your team is for a competitive environment, please make a thread for it in the Rate My Team forum (click here).

How to Post a Team
Each team can be posted in this thread as an individual post. For your team, please explain each of the following:
  • why you chose that Pokemon over others
  • the item (if any)
  • the attacks
  • Optional: EVs and IVs, if you know them or if they are relevant
Please remember that those questions need to be answered for each Pokemon on the team.

An Example of a Bad Team Post

Help! I can't beat Clemont! My team is Pyroar, Greninja, Solrock, Ferrothorn, Chatot and Toxicroak. Plz plz plz plz help me!!!!

Why This Example is Bad
Ignoring the obvious "plz plz plz plz" that makes the poster look unintelligent, the post doesn't give any actual information about the team. Because we don't know movesets, we can't actually rate the team well at all and it limits the success raters will have. As a rule of thumb, the more information you share with raters, the better they can rate your team.

An Example of a Good Team Post

Hey. I can't beat Clemont with this team. Can someone help me?

Pyroar Lv.36
- Echoed Voice
- Incinerate
- Work Up
- Leer

I like Pyroar as a Pokemon. I haven't found a good item for it yet. Echoed Voice and Incinerate are for STABs. Work Up makes the attacks stronger. Leer is because I haven't found anything else useful yet.

Greninja Lv.36
- Water Shuriken
- Feint Attack
- Shadow Sneak
- Aerial Ace

Greninja is cool in Smash and I wanted to try it out. Water Shuriken and Feint Attack are STAB, while Shadow Sneak and Aerial Ace are for coverage.

Why This Example is Good
Even though this team only consists of two members (or isn't finished yet), it gives us a lot of information that can be used to rate the team. Raters can see that the team has some obvious flaws in the movesets, ensuring that the poster gets solid advice that will help them on their Pokemon journey.​

How to Rate a Team
Remember that multiple teams will be posted in this thread, and so it's important to clarify who's team you are rating. When rating someone's team, please tag them by writing @theirusername. For example, if you are tagging scattered mind, you would write @scattered mind.

Your advice doesn't have to be long, but you need to explain your reasons for the changes and/or give relevant feedback and stay on topic.

An Example of a Bad Rate

You should put Charizard on your team because Charizard is the best Pokemon ever!

Why This Example is Bad

There is no actual feedback for the team creator. The reason for the changes is also very suboptimal and isn't actually a reason. In short, this post doesn't actually tell the poster anything and it is basically spam. In addition, the team creator isn't tagged with @theirusername.

An Example of a Good Rate

@Professor Palutena: You should try going to Route 13 and catching a Ground type. This will really help you beat Clemont as his Electric Pokemon struggle to beat Ground types. I would suggest Gible as it evolves into Garchomp, and is one of the strongest Ground types in the game. It's also faster than the alternative Flygon.

Why This Example is Good

This poster tells the creator what should be changed with the team and gives sound reasoning for it. This poster also goes above the call to duty and gives a further recommendation, which can only help the poster out.​

Thanks for following the rules. Please contact @scattered mind @Celever or @Equinox if you have any comments, questions or concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone! This is my team for the Wi-Fi Wednesday of October 8th, 2015! Enjoy!
264.gif 036.gif 006-mega-x.gif 248.gif 227.gif 212.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
264.gif
Linoone @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Gunk Shot
- Facade
- Protect

Linoone is, of course, the main objective of this team, seeing as the challenge was to knock out your opponent's last Pokémon using a Linoone. So, in order to do that, I decided to build this team so that, if things go according to plan, your opponent's last Pokémon has very little HP when it's time for Linoone to come in to play. From there, Protect with the toxic orb is used to boost speed so that you can outspeed most things, Facade is there to use after protect, and if you know you're going to be faster, you can go for Double-Edge for that last bit of power at the end of the game. Gunk Shot is here for coverage.

036.gif
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast

This is the classic Clefable set, known for its easy setup and ease in sweeping through entire teams. The combination of Fire and Fairy has perfect Neutral coverage, and Calm Mind makes this extremely threatening. Clefable serves the purpose of taking out a large chunk of my opponent's team to get Linoone ready for a final blow.

006-mega-x.gif

Insurance Agent (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Why is he called insurance agent? Because he's got you covered. Awful puns aside, Charizard serves to be a physical counterpart to Clefable, setting up one dragon dance and proceeding to clean through everything not named Rotom-W or Manaphy. Charizard can easily knock out 4-5 Pokémon before going down, and then Linoone can come in and clean up!

248.gif
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

This is your standard Lead. The idea is to start with Stealth Rock, and from there, spam Dragon Tail to wear down down your opponent's team. Tyranitar also has a use in usually being the one to sacrifice to get a switch into Linoone. Pursuit can also be a surprise if your opponent tries to switch out after a Dragon Tail.

227.gif

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

After Tyranitar, Skarmory is your next switch in to add more hazards. Skarmory also uses Whirlwind to add more Residual damage to your opponent's field with Rocks and spikes. I went with Taunt over Defog to stop other defog users and to not remove my own hazards.

212.gif
Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Roost

Scizor rounds out the team as another method of knocking out Pokémon, with Swords Dance+ Technician Bullet Punch being a fearsome combination. Scizor also can take out opponents with Pursuit if you predict a switch, and Roost can heal you to keep you going for longer.

That's the team, enjoy! Any thoughts, ideas?

Linoone @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Gunk Shot
- Facade
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast

Insurance Agent (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Roost

I would advice you to use Extreme Speed on Linoone's set since the+2 priority can help a lot against the last Pokemon facing Linoone in case the opposing Pokemon is much faster and can KO.
Also since Tyranitar already has Pursuit, you can go for Knock Off on Scizor so you can potentially remove items that can make Linoone's job hard such as Choice Scarf or Leftovers.

This is basically a team that makes people ragequit.
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 40 Def / 224 Spe
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Protect

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

I start out with Klefki, and heres why: AAH(annoying as hell).
You use thunderwave, swagger, and spam foul play. I have sweeped teams with this.

Skarmory: another AAH pokemon. Use stealth rock, then keep using whirlwhind.

Gastrodon: Used to counter fire types that hurt skarmory and klefki

Jellicent: Used to burn pokemon, and also cover some weakness.

Gliscor: AAH. You just use Substitute and Protect and ruin your foes day.

Garchomp: A good way to end the game.

Hello, while not a bad team, please explain more as to why you have chosen your moves and what each Pokemon do, just a brief explanation for each one will do, thanks :)

Back