ORAS No more Shiny Locks!

Reggie McGigas

-
It looks like Shiny Locks are removed for all legendaries in the game, however the rate of getting a shiny legendary is decreased according to reddit (Possibly back to 1/8100 or something)
1416679310257.jpg
0ZRlmBZ.jpg
shiny-latias.jpg

Those three were never shiny locked. Unless someone gets a shiny Zekrom or something the lock is still up.

Reggie McGigas said:
dePrXok.jpg

You may close the thread now.

Oh my god you can have a legit shiny Reshiram now?
I thought they purposely made those shiny look unappealing because they never intended for you to get one.

Looking more into this, it seems that veteran hacker Kaphotics claims that Deoxys, Groudon, and Kyogre are shiny locked. Interesting.

What is a shiny lock? Does this mean they are always shiny or something else?:)

xxashxx said:

It means a Pokemon can never be shiny. I'm curious if Rayquaza is shiny locked. Mega Shiny Rayquaza looks smexy

xxashxx said:

Shiny lock means that you couldn't find them shiny anywhere. Like you can never have a shiny Celebi. They intergrated it into the main legendaries of each game since BW.

Klonoahedgehog said:
xxashxx said:

Shiny lock means that you couldn't find them shiny anywhere. Like you can never have a shiny Celebi. They intergrated it into the main legendaries of each game since BW.
which is exactly why I RNGed my shiny Rayquaza in Heart Gold :p (Emerald RNG for shiny stationaries is much more finicky and quite often impossible if you happen to have the wrong TSV - for lack of a simpler term). TBH I'll still probably RNG shiny legends stuff in gen 4 or from gen 5 events/what not since it's still faster/easier than SRing everything like needs to be done for like everything non-breedable in gen 6, even if they're not shiny locked.

Klonoahedgehog said:
xxashxx said:

Actually yes you can get a Shiny Celebi if you have the bonus disc that has the Celebi event on the disc. That is the only way to get it in a shiny form as far as I know. I have 2 of them that I got from a friend who used to have the disc. not sure if anyone still owns a copy now though.:)

xxashxx said:
Klonoahedgehog said:

Actually yes you can get a Shiny Celebi if you have the bonus disc that has the Celebi event on the disc. That is the only way to get it in a shiny form as far as I know. I have 2 of them that I got from a friend who used to have the disc. not sure if anyone still owns a copy now though.:)

Those are guaranteed hacks then. Ageto Celebi (the JPN counterpart to WISHMKER Jirachi) can NOT be shiny despite the 16 possible shiny WISHMKR Jirachi that effectively glitch through the shiny lock. No other legitimate Celebi has ever been shiny either (except for that one in PMD 2 that isn't able to be sent to a main-franchise game). also unless your friend has some ultra specific tech (namely a GBA equivalent of an R4 card) he can't be getting even one of the legit shiny Jirachi from gen 3. The chances are not just slim; they have to be intentionally manipulated (a form of RNG abuse) in a way not humanly possible with out the aid of save exporting equipment or a simulator to check otherwise impossible to find values in the game. I could go on about exactly what would be needed and why it's not possible.

Even if this friend is Kaphotics or Hozu, those Celebi are not possible without altering the game or the pokemon themselves. Sorry man :/

This is so awesome! Seeing that Reshiram and Zekrom are no longer shiny locked is a dream come true! Though, it does suck that Deoxys, Groudon, and Kyogre seem to be shiny locked. As soon as I transfer my living dex to Omega Ruby to get the shiny charm, I'm going after nearly every shiny legendary in the game!

Lugia was never shiny locked but I can't wait to get the charm and soft reset for that one.

I don't know why you would shiny lock Kyogre and Groudon when they weren't in Gen 3 and HGSS... =_= although it would have been at full odds though since you can't get the charm at that point. Deoxys looks like lemon flavored twizzlers in shiny colors so I'm not bummed out that it's locked.

Honestly!? I know so many shiny hunters who will be happy with this news! Honestly, so do I. Both with the revert to the original ratio and the removal of shiny locks. It just felt like cheating myself getting a shiny in X and Y. The reason I shiny hunt in the first place is because of the great feeling of overcoming these crazy odds (if i wanted a nice color, i'd ask the right peepz and get them the same day if you know what i mean). Knowing I willingly halfed those odds by playing gen VI, I felt like I cheated.
Anyways, hyped for this!!

I dunno knowing i cant get a shiny Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre in ORAS bums me out.

Can i trade them over from XY to ORAS?

The-Kaiser said:
I dunno knowing i cant get a shiny Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre in ORAS bums me out.

Can i trade them over from XY to ORAS?

Yeah, you should be able to trade any pokemon over.

iSharingan said:
xxashxx said:

Those are guaranteed hacks then. Ageto Celebi (the JPN counterpart to WISHMKER Jirachi) can NOT be shiny despite the 16 possible shiny WISHMKR Jirachi that effectively glitch through the shiny lock. No other legitimate Celebi has ever been shiny either (except for that one in PMD 2 that isn't able to be sent to a main-franchise game). also unless your friend has some ultra specific tech (namely a GBA equivalent of an R4 card) he can't be getting even one of the legit shiny Jirachi from gen 3. The chances are not just slim; they have to be intentionally manipulated (a form of RNG abuse) in a way not humanly possible with out the aid of save exporting equipment or a simulator to check otherwise impossible to find values in the game. I could go on about exactly what would be needed and why it's not possible.

Even if this friend is Kaphotics or Hozu, those Celebi are not possible without altering the game or the pokemon themselves. Sorry man :/

How do you know this and where did you get this information? I am curious because no one knows if they can be shiny or not for sure. That is why I am wondering how you know this for sure. There is also another Celebi that is different from the Ageto Celebi that I have that is much rarer and no one knows it it is legit. It has been checked many times and all the checkers on Pokemon Secure and it is legit.:)

Pokemon Secure's hack checker's are subpar compared to those that used to be on Pokecheck (R.I.P. Easy IV checking). Shiny ageto celebi passes as well as several impossible shiny WSHMKER Jirachi. As far s PID it only checks the method it was generated using and doens't fully take some aspects into account, especially in the case of faulty shiny locks like WSHMKR's.

As for the location of my information, it USED TO be posted on project pokemon before the archived/deleted a ton of threads deemed unimportant/useless/etc. Kaphotics was the one who did the research and you should still be able to ask him via PM there. He determined that the Ageto celebi was generated based off the gamecube's RNG and not the GBA's (iirc, a timing mismatch between the GBA and GC is what caused the glitch in the shiny lock that allowed roughly 9 possible shiny WSHMKR Jirachi to be generated. Since Ageto celebi and essentially all the other bonus disk event were generated differently, principles of WSHMKR do not apply to others like Ageto) and whether he was right about it's fully functional shiny lock or not, it can not be manipulated (IE: RNG Abuse) in such a way a shiny could be willfully obtained. Astronomical as the odds already are of even theoretically getting one shiny, the same person getting two compounds that even further, essentially squaring the odds.

Most of my info regarding WSHMKR as well as plenty of reposted info from the deleted Ageto thread can be found here. Kaphotics can be found here and as of this post has been active within the last hour (though no guarantees on what he still has documented from back in gen 3 since, aside from the shinyness question, they are virtually all obsolete). The Hozu I mentioned in a previous post is a veritable 3rd gen RNG abuse 'god'/expert (he also was a mod/admin on Pokecheck until it closed down) and can be found on the same site as Kaphotics.

If you can supply the info for the exact event I could provide proof (or at leat evidence. I can say for sure at the moment. Just know that anything with an OT of PPORG is NOT official, since I know they had a shiny celebi available there for a time), but so far all you're being is vague :/ OT name and the visible potion of the ID number should be enough if you don't know anything else.

If you're referring to that aborted Gamestop celebi event, that one was killed before it started since a gamestop released it early (only a handful or so were received through the leak and are now technically from an unendorsed event, but all of them were picked up and are known to not be shiny)

Oh man when did you find this out because everyone that is on a popular forum I frequent does not really know if it really can be shiny because they have checked times on end and it passed every time and no one there really knows for sure if it can be shiny. How long have you know this information? I am very skeptical? I am skeptical because no one knows the real truth behind the shiny possibilities of these 2 events. I have asked several people on the site and they all say we don't know if this can be shiny or not but we have check this many times and according to our standards it is legit. To me it is legit until proven guilty. Not saying your wrong either but I doubt you know or Kaphotics knows either. I know he is a master programmer and checker etc but I really don't think he knows either. Not saying you guys are bad at stuff but there has not been any official information about these events or their shiny abilities that I know of.:)

Back