Nintendo Repairs

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This week I sent in my 2 broken DS's and games for repair as my Brother told me do do after I called him last week. Do you guys know if my data that I have had saved for about 5 years will be intact when they come back? I am wondering because I sent my NES in for repair once but those games had virtually no way to keep saved data back then. I am wondering if you guys know if the saved data stays intact? I sent my games too so that way they can test my DS's after repair. Thanks XD.:)

It doesn't save to the DS, it saves to the game cartridge.

Unless Nintendo is different. You should never have sent in your games. Where I used to work, on returned for warranty devices, the company used to replace and not repair. Anything returned with it was either scrapped, or sent to the re manufacturers.

You sent your games... why... do you think they have nothing to test the DS:s with? .__.
And if you want to know if it saves on the carts or the DS... do this:
Play a game.
Play it on another DS.
Do you have the save data still there? Yes! Well guess where it saves!

My brother told me to send all parts and he said he would take care of it so I did. Great. I might have lost nearly 2,000 events. The games were not damaged but maybe he is doing it himself. He told me to send to Nintendo inc/o of him so I hope everything is still intact XD.:)

EDIT: Omahanime: Nintendo does repairs now. They have repair options when you go to the maintenance and repair section of the site. I think it is called help and support now XD.:)

xxashxx said:
EDIT: omahanime: Nintendo does repairs now. They have repair options when you go to the maintenance and repair section of the site. I think it is called help and support now XD.:)

I am surprised. I would have bet, "that cost to repair exceeds value of device" quickly.

If anyone has gone through the repair process, please post. Otherwise xxashxx post the results of your repairs.

Yeah I wondered about this for a few days. Since last Monday. 6 days since I sent the box. I do have friends on 6 boards that can replace my events but will take a long time to do it. They have them all on files too so it will not take long. I have sent in my NES before as I said and I still had all my games as is. I don't think they would replace my games because I know they were working before my 2nd DS died. I figured they would just use them to see if the work afterwards. I did as my brother said so I did XD. I don't think he would replace my games unless they did not work anyway. They worked up until my DS died so they should be ok still XD.:)

EDIT: How long do repairs usually take? I sent it on Monday. The box. It should have gotten there on Wednesday or Thursday. I figure 10 working or business days right? Thanks XD.:)

I don't know how fast Nintendo is, but with other companies it might take months.

They said 9-11 days after they check to see how bad the damage is XD. I got an email with the duration of time and tracking once the process gets started XD.:)

Nintendo of America in Redmond where my brother works. Good news it shipped out today and I should get it back in 2-3 days. They are fixed XD. Now to find out if I still have all my data XD.:)

Good news everyone. Everything is intact. I still have all my data and 2 brand new DS's. Although one was my sisters so she has a new one now too XD.:)

Back